Windows 10: Is there an easy way to keep all system drivers current?

Discus and support Is there an easy way to keep all system drivers current? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yes, know where you hardware driver come from and check a couple of times a year for updates. Unless you are experiencing issues there is no good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Clintlgm Win User

Is there an easy way to keep all system drivers current?

Yes, know where you hardware driver come from and check a couple of times a year for updates. Unless you are experiencing issues there is no good reason to update any drivers, and if there is you'll be notified. MHO

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
  2. windoc Win User

Hi

During the installation of Avast Anti-virus, I noticed that a lot of my system drivers are not up to date. Avast scanned them for me and reported that there were 11 of them that needed to be updated, and offered to update them for a monthly subscription, which really was not that expensive.

Other than going to the device manager, and trying to update each one manually, is there a simpler way?

Thank-You

:)

windoc, Apr 19, 2018
  3. Is there an easy way to remove all previous versions of Windows after doing a Windows 10 upgrade?

Hello,

Windows 10 replaces your previous version of Windows by moving it to the Windows.old folder. Windows 10 becomes the default operating system.

I would like to inform you that after 30 days of upgrade, an automatic disk cleanup will run which will remove Windows.old folder.

Also note once you delete the Windows.old folder, you'll not be able to roll back to previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to check with the steps again and report us back if it doesn't help:

• Click Start, type disk cleanup in the Start Search text box, and then click Disk Cleanup.

• In the Disk Cleanup Options dialog box, click Files from all users on this computer.

• In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.

• Click to select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and then click OK.

Hope this information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 19, 2018
  4. Is there an easy way to keep all system drivers current?

Is there an easy way to remove all previous versions of Windows after doing a Windows 10 upgrade?

I wanted to remove all previous versions of Windows after I upgrade to Windows 10. Is there an easy way to have it done while upgrading. I have two drives with Windows, Windows.old, Windows.old.000, Windows.old.001 . I just want to have one version
    on the machine period. I must mention that I am running 64 bit versions.

WayneStorm, Apr 19, 2018
  5. There are software applications that claim to do this for you, but I personally don't trust them. If drivers are working properly, there's isn't a big need to update them. My video card drivers are the only ones I update frequently, just because it is related to gaming performance.

DeaconFrost, Apr 19, 2018
  6. windoc Win User
    I kind of agree with what you say, and that's why I wanted to ask here. I think i will stay away from them.

thanks

windoc, Apr 19, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    The 'My Computer" displayed information is: Dell Vosotro 3458

The best method to update drivers is always from the computer manufacturer.

If there are drivers that are not available from the computer manufacturer the next best source is the component manufacturer (Intel, Nvidia, AMD, Killer Networks, Realtek, etc.)

Support for Vostro 3458 | Diagnostics | Dell US
    Click on: detect drivers:
    Let us analyze your system to find the latest updates.

There were many Dell drivers updated in 2018.

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and tablets | Dell US

zbook, Apr 19, 2018
  8. Doc943 Win User

I think the Windows driver certification and updates do just about everything I want it to but I do agree that the only one I push the update on is my graphics card driver for gaming purposes. I've tried some of the pay/share/free ware stuff and they hook you into a false sense of insecurity and woe-is-your-world if you fail to keep up with them. However, if your hardware is working perfectly fine, then look for something else to do, like how defragged is total defragged or how many memchecks does it take check your mem
    Is there an easy way to keep all  system drivers current? [​IMG]

Doc943, Apr 19, 2018
  9. swarfega Win User
    I usually manually check the drivers from time to time. Its something that you don't really need to do very often.

swarfega, Apr 19, 2018
  10. I didn't notice that it was a Dell. I use Dell Command Update to check for driver updates, but that is an OEM system that has all of it's drivers released by the OEM. I wouldn't ever trust a utility to do this task on a system I have built.

DeaconFrost, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there an easy way to keep all system drivers current? - Similar Threads - easy keep system

2. Would there be a easy way to install a missing driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would there be a easy way to install a missing driver: In this screenshot I'm missing my pci controller driver and can't find a easy way to reinstall it without having to go through all the driver files in system 32 in driverstore, is there perhaps a way to install it with a easy-to-use interface like how the driver updater works...
  3. Would there be a easy way to install a missing driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would there be a easy way to install a missing driver: In this screenshot I'm missing my pci controller driver and can't find a easy way to reinstall it without having to go through all the driver files in system 32 in driverstore, is there perhaps a way to install it with a easy-to-use interface like how the driver updater works...
  4. Driver easy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver easy: Everyone claims its free and safe, but when i download it, it tries to make me pay to update my drivers. Why are all of you lying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-easy/2383568a-4f41-4cd6-88de-be1138242da9
  5. Driver easy

Driver easy: Everyone claims its free and safe, but when i download it, it tries to make me pay to update my drivers. Why are all of you lying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-easy/2383568a-4f41-4cd6-88de-be1138242da9
  6. Driver easy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. easy way pin windows?

easy way pin windows?: pin windows show on all desktops pin windows should show on top of desktop, but below other windows by default 156295
  8. Driver Easy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Easy: Hi. I wanted to ask the community if the Software Driver Easy is a legit-able and safe Driver updater. I have an Acer PC running Windows 10. I find the the Acer site don't give all the possible Driver updates that Driver Easy does. Thanks in advance...
  9. Easy way to update to W10 using existing W8.1 system

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Easy way to update to W10 using existing W8.1 system: Hi there If you want to test W10 builds using all your existing programs then this IMO is the esiest way to do it. This way preserves your REAL W8 / W8.1 / W7 machine. 1) Install VMware player (FREE) 2) install VMWARE stand alone converter -- also FREE 3) Run the...
  10. Here's Really easy way to get your system information -

in Windows 10 Support
    Here's Really easy way to get your system information -: Hi there Here's a ridiculously quick and easy way to get the system info. 1) create with notepad a file (any file) with just one line in it say the letter s and save it to your desktop as a type .nfo file. 2) now double click it. You'll get a little panel about a...