Windows 10: is there any software to comparing files???

Discus and support is there any software to comparing files??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For example, I have a couple of hard drives that are storing tens of thousands of files. There might be some files that are identical. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tsw88, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Tsw88 Win User

is there any software to comparing files???

For example, I have a couple of hard drives that are storing tens of thousands of files. There might be some files that are identical. Is there any software that can check all files in the drive to see if there are any files that are identical ? The software should not check only their filename but also the content of the files. The same filename does not necessarily mean the identical file.

:)

Tsw88, Aug 14, 2017

2. Is there is any software to transfer files from DVR to Windows 10 OS and would like to editthe commercials.

I own a digital video recorder (DVR) that is full of movies.

I want to know if there is a program on Windows 10 that will allow me to transfer movies from DVR to my computer and able to remove sorry cut out the commercials.

If not is there a program that will do that, that I can download and is safe from virus and every thing else.

Thanks for your help

Original title: Cut and Paste

MICHAEL DOWN UNDER, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Is there any cleaning up software to make resources free ? antivirus ?

I strongly recommend Sk tools if you use a non touchscreen device: SKKV Software. If you use a touchscreen device, try Cleartemp from Mobile SG - Anything About Tech.

Linley Meslier, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Phone Man Win User
    CCleaner has one under tools. I have not used the Content filter yet.

is there any software to comparing files??? [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 14, 2017
  6. mike s Win User
    Google "doublekiller"

mike s, Aug 14, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Aug 15, 2017
  8. mike s Win User

It works, but I'm not sure it would be suitable for the task that the OP is facing; i.e. comparing "tens of thousands of files".

AFAIK it has significant limitations:
    • The exact folder locations of the files to be compared must be explicitly entered
    • It can only compare the contents of a maximum of two folders at a time.
    • The files to be compared must have the same exact name, otherwise misnamed duplicates can be missed.
    • There is no built-in function that automates (preferably by a GUI) a summary display of duplicate files and a means to deal with them (i.e. choose which duplicates to move, delete, etc).

Doublekiller, which I referred to above, is a simple, elegant GUI program which addresses every one of these deficiencies.

mike s, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. is there any software to comparing files??? - Similar Threads - software comparing files

2. Comparing two files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comparing two files: I'm trying to currently compare two documents with about 2,000 lines on both. I need the second document to have the exact same number of lines as the master one, with the same names. Placement doesn't matter, just as long as the lines sre the same and are in both documents,...
  3. Comparing two files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comparing two files: I'm trying to currently compare two documents with about 2,000 lines on both. I need the second document to have the exact same number of lines as the master one, with the same names. Placement doesn't matter, just as long as the lines sre the same and are in both documents,...
  4. Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?: I have a new computer W11 and downloaded my saved files from iDrive. What a mess! There are many duplicates, in several different directory trees that seem to have been created out of nowhere. I don't know if these are exact duplicates, but can't take the chance that they are...
  5. Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?

Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?: I have a new computer W11 and downloaded my saved files from iDrive. What a mess! There are many duplicates, in several different directory trees that seem to have been created out of nowhere. I don't know if these are exact duplicates, but can't take the chance that they are...
  6. Comparing Software?

Comparing Software?: Is there a software that looks at file systems comparing the files and folders on the hard drive and compare it to a backup to point out any differences that may exist between the two copies?
  7. Windows Store software that can compare the bits of two files?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store software that can compare the bits of two files?: Dear allI run Windows S on one of my systems. That means, that the software is limited to Windows StoreI am looking for software suggestions from the Windows Store that can:Compare the bits of two files, and tell if the two files are identicalI have used Total Commander with...
  8. Windows Store software that can compare the bits of two files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store software that can compare the bits of two files?: Dear allI run Windows S on one of my systems. That means, that the software is limited to Windows StoreI am looking for software suggestions from the Windows Store that can:Compare the bits of two files, and tell if the two files are identicalI have used Total Commander with...
  9. Windows Store software that can compare the bits of two files?

10. Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b

Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b: Hi there I'm looking for a FREE Windows equivalent to the Linux K3b CD / DVD creating / copying software. Anything out there with a decent GUI - [img] Cheers jimbo 66064