Windows 10: Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

Discus and support Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I got a pop up message on my machine stating that using chrome uses more battery than Edge browser. I feel this is a cheap marketing tactic from MS... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scott Millar, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

I got a pop up message on my machine stating that using chrome uses more battery than Edge browser.

I feel this is a cheap marketing tactic from MS which really should not be happening in the OS.

Question though - is there any truth in it?

Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome? [​IMG]

:)

Scott Millar, Oct 19, 2016

2. Battery drains in less than 2 hrs without any use

Hi my name is prakash pardeshi. Its been 1 and a half year i am using lumia 930. But from few weeks my battery drains in less than 2 hrs without any use even after i charge it to 100%. When i took the handset secondary mike was not working. I got the replacement
    but after 11 months secondary mike is not working again . You all are frauds cheating the customers

PrakashPardeshi, Oct 19, 2016
  3. Battery drains in less than 2 hrs without any use

Hello Prakash,

To assist you further, please provide us the following information:

• What is the OS build currently installed? To check, go to Setting >
      System > About > More
      info
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

You can follow the tips given on this
    article
    on how to make your battery last longer. For additional help, you can also use our online

Lumia troubleshooting and repair
    page.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 19, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

Thema:

Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

1. Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome? - Similar Threads - truth Edge using

2. Laptop screen flashes less than half a second when I open Chrome or Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen flashes less than half a second when I open Chrome or Edge: Hi all,Whenever I open a new Chrome or Edge browser , laptop screen flashes so quickly like around 20-30 milliseconds may be its called blinking I dont know. Its the two apps that I realized now. Do you know any solution? Drivers are up-to-date.Its Lenovo LOQ15 1440p display...
  3. Laptop screen flashes less than half a second when I open Chrome or Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen flashes less than half a second when I open Chrome or Edge: Hi all,Whenever I open a new Chrome or Edge browser , laptop screen flashes so quickly like around 20-30 milliseconds may be its called blinking I dont know. Its the two apps that I realized now. Do you know any solution? Drivers are up-to-date.Its Lenovo LOQ15 1440p display...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 11 caused battery to charge less than it uses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 caused battery to charge less than it uses.: Within 6 hours after upgrading to Windows 11, my laptop's battery began to charge less than it uses. Even if I plug it into an outlet and shut it down for over 12 hours, the laptop still won't charge to 100%. Why is this and what can I do to fix it? I've noticed many other...
  5. Upgrade to Windows 11 caused battery to charge less than it uses.

Upgrade to Windows 11 caused battery to charge less than it uses.: Within 6 hours after upgrading to Windows 11, my laptop's battery began to charge less than it uses. Even if I plug it into an outlet and shut it down for over 12 hours, the laptop still won't charge to 100%. Why is this and what can I do to fix it? I've noticed many other...
  6. Using less than free ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using less than free ram: I have 4gb ram installed on my windows but for some reason when i use my ram and see in task manager, the free space is very less and it uses only 3gb ramin short: i have 4gb ram 3.80 usable but it only uses 3gb ram. help me fix ithelp me solve this issue this makes my...
  7. Using less than free ram

Using less than free ram: I have 4gb ram installed on my windows but for some reason when i use my ram and see in task manager, the free space is very less and it uses only 3gb ramin short: i have 4gb ram 3.80 usable but it only uses 3gb ram. help me fix ithelp me solve this issue this makes my...
  8. Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?: I've been using both for some time now but it's really annoying, I just want to stick to one but they are both great and for me it's a 50/50, so I basically want the performance of them to tell me which one to get :D There must be some benchmarks right? I know Edge Chrome is...
  9. Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome: Microsoft Edge, Windows 10’s latest default web browser, and the successor to the company’s Internet Explorer web browser is still struggling to improve its market share since it first appeared on PCs in 2015. The Internet Explorer has been usurped by the Edge browser but it...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....