Windows 10: Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

Discus and support Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I got a pop up message on my machine stating that using chrome uses more battery than Edge browser. I feel this is a cheap marketing tactic from MS... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scott Millar, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

I got a pop up message on my machine stating that using chrome uses more battery than Edge browser.

I feel this is a cheap marketing tactic from MS which really should not be happening in the OS.

Question though - is there any truth in it?

Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome? [​IMG]

:)

Scott Millar, Oct 19, 2016

2. Battery drains in less than 2 hrs without any use

Hi my name is prakash pardeshi. Its been 1 and a half year i am using lumia 930. But from few weeks my battery drains in less than 2 hrs without any use even after i charge it to 100%. When i took the handset secondary mike was not working. I got the replacement
    but after 11 months secondary mike is not working again . You all are frauds cheating the customers

PrakashPardeshi, Oct 19, 2016
  3. Battery drains in less than 2 hrs without any use

Hello Prakash,

To assist you further, please provide us the following information:

• What is the OS build currently installed? To check, go to Setting >
      System > About > More
      info
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

You can follow the tips given on this
    article
    on how to make your battery last longer. For additional help, you can also use our online

Lumia troubleshooting and repair
    page.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 19, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

Thema:

Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

1. Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome? - Similar Threads - truth Edge using

2. Microsoft could help Chrome suck less battery power on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could help Chrome suck less battery power on Windows 10: Google Chrome is a fast and feature-rich browser, but it’s a notorious battery and resources hog that can reduce your Windows device’s performance. It seems that Microsoft has an idea in mind now that could improve battery life when streaming media content in Chromium-based...
  3. BSOD with IRQL not less than or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with IRQL not less than or equal: Hi I was hoping someone can help. Windows 10 machine. I have been getting BSOD with IRQL Not Less or Equal for the past week and can't figure out why. I tried using driver verifier but ended up in a endless loop of BSOD on boot, and ended up having to boot to safe mode...
  4. SSD's use more battery power than HDD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD's use more battery power than HDD?: Tom's Hardware article: The SSD Power Consumption Hoax What got me considering this was actually not about runtime duration performance, but battery drain during cold shutdown.. One HP notebook I have (Envy M6) is getting a bit old and I was noticing that when completely...
  5. Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome: Microsoft Edge, Windows 10’s latest default web browser, and the successor to the company’s Internet Explorer web browser is still struggling to improve its market share since it first appeared on PCs in 2015. The Internet Explorer has been usurped by the Edge browser but it...
  6. GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming: OK, so about a month ago i brought dark souls 3 and around 5 minutes into playing the game, my monitor displayed the "No connection found screen" and my headset cut off all my sound. I was on discord at the time and the people in the call said i just disconnected without...
  7. I was going to use Tor browser then i found this any truth??

in Browsers and Email
    I was going to use Tor browser then i found this any truth??: so i was going to use Tor browser to try it out and so forth and i found this wired article on the net any truth to this if so i stay they heck away from Tor browser here is the link If You Use Tor Browser, The FBI Just Labeled You a Criminal 100913
  8. Edge or Chrome??

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Chrome??: I just installed a clean 10. What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge? 63606
  9. BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error: HI, Since upgrading from 8.1 to 10 my PC often blue screens with the IRQL less than or equal to error. It appears to happen more often that not if i have sound playing at the time. I have upgraded all of my drivers to the latest ones and even on the sound card tried...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....