Windows 10: Is there any way to clone my windows 10 state?

Discus and support Is there any way to clone my windows 10 state? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; hello everyone first excuse me if i posted in the wrong session i spent a while trying to know were exactly i would post this, also sorry for being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Tengu, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Tengu Win User

Is there any way to clone my windows 10 state?

hello everyone first excuse me if i posted in the wrong session i spent a while trying to know were exactly i would post this, also sorry for being such a newbie .

I've been playing around on my computer trying to organize it and install multiple OS's and i was about to try to install a hackintosh on it too, but as known it is a very troublesome OS to work with on a windows machine, and i fear that i could loose all my data by attempting to do it. i know... backups but it goes beyond backups, i finally got all my stuff working right at the moment. i worry not with the data i can back up normaly but for my tons of softwares and settings that i got on it and would be incredibly annoying having to set it up again in a fresh Win10. it would be perfect

is there a way to create an "image" or "recovery/save point" from my windows current state now that can be loaded on a fresh windows 10 later containing all my data and settings and softwares?

any programs that could do this? or suggestion of something similar ?

:)

Tengu, Aug 13, 2016

2. Is there a way to clone my documents and settings to more than one profile?

Hi Seldom,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that, there is no such feature available on Windows 10. However, you can copy one user profile information to another.

Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer. Double-click on the hard drive icon (CIs there any way to clone my windows 10 state? :). Double click the Users folder.

2. Double-click on the folder of the User profile from which you want to transfer the files.

3. Copy the files, which you want to move to another
    User profile.

4. Open the User profile where you want to transfer the files and press "Control + V" to paste the file.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Is there a way to clone my documents and settings to more than one profile?

I believe my original Windows 10 profile, with all my Apps is corrupt. I can't get the All Apps menu to update with a new App Install, and I can't pin apps to the Start menu.

So I created a new profile, and while it has all my Apps, in order to use them I'll have to enter all my registration numbers again. And, I'll have to transfer all my mail accounts and personal settings to that profile.

So is there an easy way to clone settings so that all profiles on the machine have access to the same personal data.

Or is there a way to fix my corrupt profile so my All Apps menu will update and I can pin to the Start Menu?

SeldomSeen1, Aug 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, disk imaging creates compressed images of partitions and disks. This allows you to exactly to restore Windows (system image) or any partition as it was when you created the image, relatively quickly without technical help.

This is strongly recommended time and again here to protect you PC, Windows, your data and your sanity.

Images can be and should be updated periodically and before and after a major change. Image updates are smaller and faster than the first image.

You can even restore your PC to a new disk- and some claim, to a new PC.
    E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage. There are several others from Aomei to Veeam Endpoint.

If you wanted to transfer programs and settings from one OS to another, have a look at Laplink products or similar. Not free, and does a quite different and specific job.

Also be aware of System Restore (from XP on) - turned off by default in Win 10, and on each major upgrade. This only protects limited areas, and not your data at all.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2016
  5. Samuria Win User
    For multi o/s it's simple safe and free to use virtual box and run them as virtual PCs you don't mess with drives boot etc so very safe and you can run any o/s

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there any way to clone my windows 10 state? - Similar Threads - clone state

2. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  3. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  4. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280: Scared to death of catastrophic Op Sys SSD failure Only one slot on motherboard for SSD m.2 2280 I’m hoping this project of me making an exact copy of my hard drive which only has operating system and a couple of programs on it. I will be able to achieve if this one fails...
  6. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280: Scared to death of catastrophic Op Sys SSD failure Only one slot on motherboard for SSD m.2 2280 I’m hoping this project of me making an exact copy of my hard drive which only has operating system and a couple of programs on it. I will be able to achieve if this one fails...
  7. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  9. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  10. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...