Windows 10: Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'?

Discus and support Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, As the title says, I'm trying to change the default look of the folders located in 'This PC' (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc). By this I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Danni111111, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'?

Hi,

As the title says, I'm trying to change the default look of the folders located in 'This PC' (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc). By this I mean when viewing in 'This PC', and not in 'C:\User Data\', which has no problems.

I have tried:

- Editing windows.ini (didn't seem to work)

- Using Winaero Tweaker to delete the default files and replace them with copies made by the program with the desired icons. (worked, except for some reason this severely messed up windows explorer when using them [Lag, freezes, folders not updating, etc])

Is there another way I can go about this? Or do the above methods work, but I've messed up? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

:)

Danni111111, Jul 15, 2016
  2. LCRT Win User

Is there any way to customize the emergency number on my icon?

the emergency call button will work even if you don't have a sim card on the device. it obviously cannot be customised.

you can always add the emergency contact to the speed dial page and pin it to the home screen. easy and quick to find.

3. Is there any way to customize the emergency number on my icon?

I live in a community that has its own emergency response group. They are the group you want to call in case of an emergency and they have their own dedicated number. Currently, if I hit "Emergency call" on the lock screen of my icon all I get is a keypad
    waiting for me to enter a phone number. Dialing 911 greatly extends the response time for us and unlocking the phone and looking up the emergency response number defeats the benefit of having the emergency call feature available.

Is there any way to enter the correct emergency response number into the "emergency call" feature?

Thanks....

GHerrman43, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'?

1. Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'? - Similar Threads - customize folder icons

2. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  3. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  4. Is there a way to use a custom icon for a folder but the default is maintained and the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to use a custom icon for a folder but the default is maintained and the...: I've seen a lot of folders than instead of using the default icon or a custom one, they use a normal folder icon but they have a smaller icon too. A good example is the google drive synced folder, which uses the windows folder icon with the drive logo next to it. Is there a...
  5. Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?

Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?: Like the start button, battery, Wi-Fi and so on. I've discovered how to change the time, but as far as I'm aware there's no way to change the others. I'm not talking about hiding icons, or changing program icons, but actually changing the way the system's icons look....
  6. Any way to disable sorting of icons on individual folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to disable sorting of icons on individual folders?: My desktop icons can be moved freely to any position. I note when I right click and look at the SORT options, none are checked. Is there any way to force that same behavior on an individual folder? I've tried installing the Windows Powershell as one answer I found on goggle...
  7. Any way to disable sortting of icons on individual folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to disable sortting of icons on individual folders?: My desktop icons can be moved freely to any position. I note when I right click and look at the SORT options, none are checked. Is there any way to force that same behavior on an individual folder? I've tried installing the Windows Powershell as one answer I found on goggle...
  8. Any way to customize folder icon colors? (preferably free but I'll pay for a cheap lifetime...

Any way to customize folder icon colors? (preferably free but I'll pay for a cheap lifetime...: I've tried Folder Colorizer, seems to work the way I want but the license is 9.99/year which seems like a lot for a software like that. Then I tried the free software Folder Painter but I can't seem to get it to work. Honestly I just want to add tint to like 5 default folder...
  9. Any Way To Make Permanent Folder Icons on Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Way To Make Permanent Folder Icons on Desktop?: I'm hoping you guys have some cool freeway apps or tricks around to help me out. I'm looking for a way to put specific shortcuts on the desktop, mainly to folders, but make them permanent, so I can't move them or delete them. I still want to be able to select, move and...
  10. Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders': Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders' ----- I first posted this as a reply to a tutorial but then I noticed it is better suited here ----- First of all, thanks for this guide and all other guides that eliminate the junk that's just useless and irritating. I don't need...