Windows 10: Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again?

Discus and support Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of the grey variants in 'Colors' make the Taskbar really dark/black, but ever since Windows 7 I've had a light grey taskbar so it feels like I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again?

All of the grey variants in 'Colors' make the Taskbar really dark/black, but ever since Windows 7 I've had a light grey taskbar so it feels like I've lost a very old and trusted friend.

I've tried Winaero Tweaker but I've only managed to get it to change my explorer accent colour - the taskbar stays stubbornly black

Any help would be awesome, this is annoying me an unreasonable amount (I should be able to pick any color or shade I want, and I am sad)
    Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again? [​IMG]

:)

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Algebe Win User

How can I make my Windows 10 taskbar light gray? How can I get back colored title bars that show whether a program is selected?

I don't know what build it is. It's a brand new desktop PC with Windows 10 64-bit installed.

Before messing with the registry and third-party apps, I tried the standard personalization options. Under "Choose a color, I picked the light grey square near the bottom left of the color table. My taskbar did not even resemble that color. How can I actually
    make my taskbar the color that is shown in the color samples? What I get instead is black slightly tinted with my selected color. That's not what I want.

Yes. I've been able to change the program title bars to a different color. But what happened to the feature that changed unselected windows grey? On my Window 7 computer, the selected window is blue, any other open windows are grey. How do I get that in
    Windows 10?

Algebe, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Algebe Win User
    How can I make my Windows 10 taskbar light gray? How can I get back colored title bars that show whether a program is selected?

I've found that a third-party app, Classic Shell, lets me change the taskbar to any desired color. Having done that, I now find that it's no longer possible to change display font colors. I've got black font on a light grey taskbar in Windows 7, and a
    white font on a light grey taskbar in Windows 10. Why does Microsoft insist on removing basic personalization functions that have been in Windows since the beginning? It's very frustrating.

Algebe, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again?

I just tried this registry tweak without success - I was so sure I'd found a solution! *Sad

Does anybody have any ideas? I just want to lighten it up, I feel like I'm running emo OS

5. Wullail Win User
  6. Hey mate,

Thanks for replying - unfortunately, for all colours, they're all limited to being very dark - there's no way to change it to a lighter colour in either method. Not sure why this is, it's just impossible with default Windows 10

7. Hi, found this on "How to Geek"
    open the old "run" dialogue box and copy/paste this command into it.
    "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced" [without quotes]
    It opens the old colour selector from previous versions.
    It works like a treat on my Windows 10 Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240.
    My taskbar and windows title bar are a nice shade of sky blue *Smile

brotherboard, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again?

Hey mate,

Thanks for posting! Great trick to know.

Unforunately, as you can see, changing colour and intensity and saturation and hue works for my explorer title bars, but not for my taskbar (I tried this with other colours apart from grey, too) *Sad

Can anyone confirm that opening "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced" from the Run box allows them to lighten their taskbar colour? If so, it must be a problem on my end

Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again? [​IMG]

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Hi.
    You may need to install this "colour theme" first. [I have it installed] Replace those white title bars in Windows 10 with this colors theme | Windows Central.
    I also have StartIsBack installed and can change the taskbar colours from that [paid for programme, but only costs equivalent of £1.93 for life]
    I suppose Classic Shell [free] will do the same.
    Anyway, between them my task bar colour can be changed at will. Now if only I could change the size of just the default text [already changed the font]

brotherboard, Aug 7, 2015
  10. trebills Win User
    trebills, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Installing classic Shell - Start Menu and going to Windows 10 settings is the only method I've found that works. Thanks - you solved it!

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 9, 2015
  12. thesoge Win User
    how is that possible? i want to have a light taskbar while keeping the w10 start menu, but any options i try, classic shell throws its own ugly menu into my face *Sad

thesoge, Aug 18, 2015
  13. Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again?

Start10, by Stardock, now also lets you customise your taskbar color, and you can elect to keep the windows 10 style start menu.

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 18, 2015
  14. thesoge Win User
    thanks, thats helpful *Smile

thesoge, Aug 18, 2015
  15. My pleasure! Happy to help

Anyone trying to find this on Google:

WINDOWS TEN TASKBAR COLOR CHANGER START10 CHANGE TASKBAR COLOR LIGHTER TASKBAR LIGHTEN TASKBAR SELECT COLOR TASKBAR

There, that should do it *Smile

GreyWasMyFriend, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again?

1. Is there any way to make my taskbar color light grey again? - Similar Threads - taskbar color light

2. Any way to make the taskbar pop up in front of any application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to make the taskbar pop up in front of any application?: When I have google or any application on borderless and I try to move my mouse to the bottom of the screen to view the taskbar it pops up behind chrome or whatever application I have open. I have to press the windows key just to get it to pop up over chrome.q...
  3. is there a way to make my icons and clock on my taskbar a different color preferably black

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a way to make my icons and clock on my taskbar a different color preferably black: as the title/subject says i need help with personalizing my taskbar, i have translucentTB from the microsoft store that makes my taskbar clear, letting me see to my background, i also use wallpaper engine from steam to give me the ability to make my background a live photo or...
  4. is there a way to make my icons and clock on my taskbar a different color preferably black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to make my icons and clock on my taskbar a different color preferably black: as the title/subject says i need help with personalizing my taskbar, i have translucentTB from the microsoft store that makes my taskbar clear, letting me see to my background, i also use wallpaper engine from steam to give me the ability to make my background a live photo or...
  5. is there a way to make my icons and clock on my taskbar a different color preferably black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Taskbar Color changed to grey

Taskbar Color changed to grey: Taskbar color suddenly changed to grey, without any intervention from me. How do I get back to windows default colours? Show accent color on Start Tasbar Action Center is greyed out. Win Ver 1903 162439
  7. Taskbar Color changed to grey

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar Color changed to grey: Taskbar color suddenly changed to grey, without any intervention from me. How do I get back to windows default colours? Show accent color on Start Tasbar Action Center is greyed out. Win Ver 1903 162439
  8. All light grey colors show light blue Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All light grey colors show light blue Windows 10: Hello recently all applications and websites that supposedly are in light grey color shows up as light blue in my display. All other colors seem fine just the grey colors appear light blue. ive tried disabling and enabling the Intel and NVIDIA graphics cards to no avail....
  9. Taskbar suddenly changed color to light

Taskbar suddenly changed color to light: Hi, suddenly and without any explicit action taken place, my taskbar color changed color from black/dark to white/light. How come? And how to get it back to black without changing theme. (I'm using a Windows 5 images standard theme, see below.) Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  10. Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 to fix a problem I was having (which didn't even fix the issue). I did this by downloading Windows 10 onto a USB flash drive and booted from that device. Everything reinstalled fine, but, in addition to the problem not being solved, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my taskbar is suddenly light grey

2. how do you get rid of the blue square on lenovo ideapad 330s