Windows 10: Is there anyway to fix this?

Discus and support Is there anyway to fix this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I turn my computer on since upgrading to the latest Windows 10 version the notification center pops up compatability assistant reminding me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Atomic77, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Atomic77 Win User

Is there anyway to fix this?

Every time I turn my computer on since upgrading to the latest Windows 10 version the notification center pops up compatability assistant reminding me that speccy is no longer available do to compatablity issues. I don't have that program anymore is there anyway to keep that message from popping up all the time.? Thanks for your assistance if any is very helpful.

:)

Atomic77, Nov 17, 2015
  2. MrBluster Win User

Is there anyway to know if File History is working?

That is a good idea. I'll use copy commands of one sort or another. They have differential options I can use. Ok. With BitLocker this will be good enough (I hope). I do rotate backups off site but I was taking backups that had erroneously led me to
    believe they had backed up at a time that was past. I would suggest that Microsoft make the File History keep one copy of everything on the file history drive and then do it's other multi save stuff. Just as it should never delete that last copy after an
    interval, it should at least have that one copy to restore. File History is disappointing.

Issue closed.

MrBluster, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Is there anyway to know if File History is working?

No matter what is being touted, File History is less of a backup and more of a "oops rollback". ;-)

A backup would be to media external, disconnected at times and physically separated (geographically) if at all possible.

So, when you browse the file history - you don't see the files?

• Type Restore files in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Restore your files with File History.

• Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.

Shenan Stanley, Nov 17, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Have you looked in Settings >System >Notification and Actions >Show Notifications for these apps. See if you can turn it off.

JohnC, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Atomic77 Win User
    I don't see it listed as a app.

Atomic77, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Atomic77 Win User
    I think I stopped it. I ran a dism cleanup command and restarted the pc and the message did not come up.

Atomic77, Nov 17, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Click the Notification icon then click on the X for that message to get rid of it permanently.

Is there anyway to fix this? [​IMG]

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2015
  8. Is there anyway to fix this?

I know your question has been answered, but there is another question that could have been asked: What compatibility problem does Speccy have? The comments on the Speccy website say it's supposed to work on Win10. I have Win10 on only one of my PCs, and I didn't have Speccy installed there so I downloaded it and installed it. Something weird happened during the install (that may have been my problem, not Speccy's). But once I got over the install bumps it worked fine. This is version 1.28.709. What version do you have installed?

pokeefe0001, Nov 17, 2015
  9. Atomic77 Win User
    I believe it was the same version. I never really used it and the windows 10 update erased it. It was a download off of another computer forum that had it as a download.

Atomic77, Nov 17, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    It's a bug in the Win 10 installer as far as I can see. It's disabling other programs that it says are incompatible, but aren't.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there anyway to fix this? - Similar Threads - anyway fix

2. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-my-font-changed-into-the-marlett-font-is/aa1af508-fe4e-4adf-85f1-a36ab391104b
  3. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-my-font-changed-into-the-marlett-font-is/aa1af508-fe4e-4adf-85f1-a36ab391104b
  4. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop: I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some of my laptop keys don't work is there anyway to fix this?...
  6. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop: I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some of my laptop keys don't work is there anyway to fix this?...
  7. When a load into a world my computer turned off. Is there anyway to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When a load into a world my computer turned off. Is there anyway to fix it?: When I load up Minecraft bedrock my computer crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-a-load-into-a-world-my-computer-turned-off-is/fa3802f5-f52e-4572-b4a9-6b057659893b
  8. When a load into a world my computer turned off. Is there anyway to fix it?

When a load into a world my computer turned off. Is there anyway to fix it?: When I load up Minecraft bedrock my computer crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-a-load-into-a-world-my-computer-turned-off-is/fa3802f5-f52e-4572-b4a9-6b057659893b
  9. Data not saving anyway too fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data not saving anyway too fix it: My pc data gets deleted every time I reset it but I keep the files for example a game thats not on steam or epic gets reset and I don't have my save data also shortcuts and my backgrounds are deleted too...
  10. Data not saving anyway too fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data not saving anyway too fix it: My pc data gets deleted every time I reset it but I keep the files for example a game thats not on steam or epic gets reset and I don't have my save data also shortcuts and my backgrounds are deleted too...