Windows 10: Is there anyway to lock Personalization settings?

Discus and support Is there anyway to lock Personalization settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's a pc at home; one account, administrator. My son continuously changes the Personalization settings (changes the background from "Stretch" to "Fit"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 13steinj, Aug 7, 2015.

1. 13steinj Win User

Is there anyway to lock Personalization settings?

It's a pc at home; one account, administrator. My son continuously changes the Personalization settings (changes the background from "Stretch" to "Fit" among other things); is there any way to lock this setting? It was possible in windows 7 via a group policy, but changing the group policy now doesn't do anything, since personalization options are available through the new Settings app.

:)

13steinj, Aug 7, 2015
  2. MrBluster Win User

Is there anyway to know if File History is working?

That is a good idea. I'll use copy commands of one sort or another. They have differential options I can use. Ok. With BitLocker this will be good enough (I hope). I do rotate backups off site but I was taking backups that had erroneously led me to
    believe they had backed up at a time that was past. I would suggest that Microsoft make the File History keep one copy of everything on the file history drive and then do it's other multi save stuff. Just as it should never delete that last copy after an
    interval, it should at least have that one copy to restore. File History is disappointing.

Issue closed.

MrBluster, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Is there anyway to know if File History is working?

No matter what is being touted, File History is less of a backup and more of a "oops rollback". ;-)

A backup would be to media external, disconnected at times and physically separated (geographically) if at all possible.

So, when you browse the file history - you don't see the files?

• Type Restore files in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Restore your files with File History.

• Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.

Shenan Stanley, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Is there anyway to lock Personalization settings?

1. Is there anyway to lock Personalization settings? - Similar Threads - anyway lock Personalization

2. Personal Account Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Account Locked: The sign-in option is disabled in my windows 11 laptop.when I try to login I get to see the place where you enter the pin then when I enter the pin it shows "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".First a two hour lock where...
  3. Personal Account Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Account Locked: The sign-in option is disabled in my windows 11 laptop.when I try to login I get to see the place where you enter the pin then when I enter the pin it shows "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".First a two hour lock where...
  4. Unable to set Personal Photo Wallpaper on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to set Personal Photo Wallpaper on Lock Screen: I recently wanted to change my Lock Screen Wallpaper but when I try, It'll just keep loading and not show up at all. I wanted to change it to a personal photo but as seen below, it never changes and continues to load and never loads. I am able to switch between the other...
  5. Personalize lock Screen

Personalize lock Screen: Question about Windows Spotlight. I am getting picture repeats, not all the time, but more frequently as time goes on. What this world doesn't have many new pictures to choose from? Why same pictures?...
  6. Lock Screen Personalization

Lock Screen Personalization: Hello. When I turned on my Windows 10 PC there was each day a different picture by Getty Images on my Start Screen and Lock screen. It was lovely and provided information on each landscape. Unfortunately, since yesterday, I no longer see different pictures, yet there appears...
  7. Personalized Settings

Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  8. Wrong options in personalization settings + settings app crash after switching to lock...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong options in personalization settings + settings app crash after switching to lock...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thenerdkid351 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ml5h/wrong_options_in_personalization_settings/
  9. Personalization Settings

Personalization Settings: How do I reset my personalization settings to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-settings/3b0690d0-f227-48b4-9e6a-e7a70ff88bc9
  10. Personalized settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Personalized settings: After almost every automatic update, when restarting my PC I will get this error message and the screen goes blank. "personalized settings(not responding)". What's going on?...