Windows 10: Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

Discus and support Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open the window or application, it often starts in small windows. Is there any option in Wndows 10 to make system remember that I prefer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zeleboba, Dec 17, 2015.

1. zeleboba Win User

Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

When I open the window or application, it often starts in small windows. Is there any option in Wndows 10 to make system remember that I prefer fullscreen windows from the start?

:)

zeleboba, Dec 17, 2015

2. Is there anyway to open a temporary ~$ word document?

What is the exact location & name of the temporary file?

What is its size?

Frederik Long, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Is there anyway to open a temporary ~$ word document?

I have lost an important word document and the only trace of this is the temporary file created with a $ title. the temporary file does have content on it but I cannot open the file in anyway. I have tried the opening the file to recover its contents
    but it says that there are a problem with its contents. Changing the extension will also not work because it is already a .doc file. Is there anyway I can either open this file or recover the original copy as it has disappeared without trace!

Harveyprophet, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

Have you looked in settings, system, Display
    Mine is set to landscape
    Once set it then should open always in that mode
    Hope that is what you are looking for

hTconeM9user, Dec 17, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    Right click the application shortcut, select Properties. Select the Shortcut tab and choose how you want to open the application:

Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default? [​IMG]

• Normal window = Opens the application window in same size it was when last time closed, full screen only if the application was last closed when full screen
    • Minimized = Opens the application but minimizes it to taskbar without showing the application window on desktop
    • Maximized = Opens the application window always maximized, regardless if it was windowed or full screen when last time closed

6. Kari thanks I forgot that way I was racking my brain as knew there was another way to what I put

hTconeM9user, Dec 17, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Most windows should open 'maximised' if closed from 'maximised' previously, with the exception of some snap-ins and applets.

Edwin, Dec 17, 2015
  8. Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

Are we talking Full Screen or Maximised?

If Full Screen then the only way I know is to use Tablet Mode
    If Maximised then as above posts

paulsalter, Dec 17, 2015
  9. Kari Win User
    Wrong.

Full screen = Maximized. Tablet Mode shows the application windows exactly as normal mode Maximized shows them, in full screen.

Tablet Mode:

Normal Mode full screen / maximized:

As you can see, in both modes the full screen application is shown exactly the same way, apart the missing minimize and resize buttons in Tablet Mode because it can only show maximized windows.

I think you are mixing full screen with the Kiosk Mode​ (available in most applications with F11), which of course has nothing to do with Tablet Mode (it can be used both in tablet and normal modes). Here IE11 in full screen Kiosk Mode, no borders, address bar and such:

And here the normal full screen mode:

:

10. mrsclapp3 Win User
    Kari - Do you have to do that for every shortcut? I did it and most of my windows still aren't opening as Maximized... *Sad

mrsclapp3, Jan 2, 2018
  11. Kari Win User
    Yes, of course. That setting is individual for each shortcut.

12. pepanee Win User
  13. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default? - Similar Threads - anyway open fullscreen

2. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?: Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking about. I noticed when new programs are installed Windows will default the volume to 100 which if I am not quick and make my way...
  3. Fullscreen by default in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen by default in Photos app: I know I'm not losing my mind, because my photos at one point in time opened by default in fullscreen.Is this still possible? I understand pushing F11 isn't exactly a difficult task, but I think it should at least be an option.Thanks...
  4. Fullscreen by default in Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen by default in Photos app: I know I'm not losing my mind, because my photos at one point in time opened by default in fullscreen.Is this still possible? I understand pushing F11 isn't exactly a difficult task, but I think it should at least be an option.Thanks...
  5. Cant open applications in fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open applications in fullscreen: Hello,Everytime I use an application that is in fullscreen on my PC, it opens it, switches to it, but then it tabs out of the application automatically. This has been going on for a few weeks now.Would appreciate some insight on this....
  6. is there anyway to set the browser private mode as windows default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there anyway to set the browser private mode as windows default browser?: Hi everybodyI need to set windows default browser to private mode without changing the browser setting to always start in private mode, is there any way to do that without harming the windows?...
  7. How to open every exe file in fullscreen by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open every exe file in fullscreen by default?: I mean every exe file. I don't want to change the shortcut so it opens in fullscreen, because that doesn't work sometimes submitted by /u/GoToBed-ItsPast9pm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhkobi/how_to_open_every_exe_file_in_fullscreen_by/
  8. Is there anyway to bypass Windows settings to make the default color a gradient?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to bypass Windows settings to make the default color a gradient?: submitted by /u/FRESHShaZaM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtzyqy/is_there_anyway_to_bypass_windows_settings_to/
  9. I cant open Windows defender in anyway

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant open Windows defender in anyway: yea i messed up somehow, installed a virus. but then i immediately tried to open windows defender, which didnt open and then i tried to enter it via control panel but nothing was there other than a red block that said "update your firawall settings" with one button to press...
  10. Anyway to default the window size

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to default the window size: I found that all of the window size has been changed. for example, the setting window has been changed too small size. I would like to default all the window size, position to default value(setting, control panel, chrome...etc). Anyway to do that? 105222