Windows 10: Is there anyway to stop Win 11 from auto restarting adapters that have been disabled?

Discus and support Is there anyway to stop Win 11 from auto restarting adapters that have been disabled? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Toshiba Satellite LaptopOriginally a 10 upgraded to 11Likely your mind it going to other issues that surround this. I have tried coming at the issue of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jackadashacka, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Is there anyway to stop Win 11 from auto restarting adapters that have been disabled?

Toshiba Satellite LaptopOriginally a 10 upgraded to 11Likely your mind it going to other issues that surround this. I have tried coming at the issue of laptop on Win 11 dim/bright and dim/bright. It shows in Device Mgr. an IntelR HD Adapter for display. If I uninstall it or even disable it, then the issue stops!! Then it shows MS Basic Display Adapter, and all IS WELL!! But then in a few it reinstalls the Intel adapter and I'm back to the dim/bright and dim/bright. One after another and continually. It's not some sort of adaptive thing to outside light source. Oh, and if I go to Battery Powe

:)

jackadashacka, Dec 4, 2023

2. WiFi adapter disables itself

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Here's the condition, any suggestions?

Asus and HP laptops upgraded to Win 10 August 2015, both using anniversary edition version 1607, 64 bit, installed on 8-24-16. All of the fixes suggest have been tried and do not work. A/V is Norton Security.

• WiFi adapter disables itself and will not allow it to be re-enabled. Troubleshoot will not fix and restart is required.
      But Restart hangs and takes 30+ min. (90 min. 1-8) to complete or a forced shutdown by physically turning off the PC is needed to resolve.
      Can cause Edge to fail to find web pages after restart.
      • Asus last occurred: 12-25-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015.
        Happened occasionally while on Win 8.1
      • HP last occurred: 1-8, 1-6, 1-1, 12-27-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015. Never happened while on Win 7.

Dave Robson, Dec 4, 2023
  3. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Is there anyway to stop Win 11 from auto restarting adapters that have been disabled?

Loss of internet access when restarting Windows 10

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try to follow the steps below on how to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device:

Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Is there anyway to stop Win 11 from auto restarting adapters that have been disabled?

1. Is there anyway to stop Win 11 from auto restarting adapters that have been disabled? - Similar Threads - anyway stop auto

2. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  4. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  5. How to disable windows auto restart

How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  6. Is there anyway to stop Win 11 from auto restarting adapters that have been disabled?

Is there anyway to stop Win 11 from auto restarting adapters that have been disabled?: Toshiba Satellite LaptopOriginally a 10 upgraded to 11Likely your mind it going to other issues that surround this. I have tried coming at the issue of laptop on Win 11 dim/bright and dim/bright. It shows in Device Mgr. an IntelR HD Adapter for display. If I uninstall it or...
  7. Is there anyway to disable Win+I shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to disable Win+I shortcut?: Hi, I have a faulty keyboard and I am unable to have it repaired immediately. I problem is that it keeps opening Settings due to the Win+I shortcut being triggered. This is very annoying when you're trying to get work done! Using an external keyboard doesn't seem to help...
  8. Is there anyway to disable Win+I shortcut?

Is there anyway to disable Win+I shortcut?: Hi, I have a faulty keyboard and I am unable to have it repaired immediately. I problem is that it keeps opening Settings due to the Win+I shortcut being triggered. This is very annoying when you're trying to get work done! Using an external keyboard doesn't seem to help...
  9. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340
  10. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340