Windows 10: Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista

Discus and support Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] 53264 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Eli, Jun 13, 2016.

1. ELI
    Eli Win User

Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista

Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista [​IMG]

:)

2. Half of my RTF is gone. Is there a way to restore it?

Hi,

Modified or corrupted .rtf file is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We suggest opening the file using the following application: Notepad, Wordpad, and Word app. Check if all application contains the same content.

Currently, there is no option to rollback the changes made on the file. If half of the contents of the file are still missing using the 3 applications, our only option is to rewrite those missing texts.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query any time.

Martin Bar, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Half of my RTF is gone. Is there a way to restore it?

I've been working on a story recently on my laptop. I saved each chapter in an individual RTF. I remember specifically that the first chapter was 18KB. I'm absolutely certain I saved the entire thing. Multiple times. On multiple dates.

I needed to revise it today, so I made a copy and opened it. Both the original and copy are 10KB now and cut off halfway through. I don't know if it happened before or after I copied it. The last time modified for both copies was listed as 12pm sharp on
    the 16th. I know for sure that's wrong. I don't remember doing anything with the story on that day and I've updated the chapter since then. So it's as if it restored to an old version for no reason. None of my documents list any options for restore points
    when I try. So is there any way to "unrollback" this change?

Benjaminly, Jun 13, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

I think it is already there.

5. brummyfan Win User
    If your File explorer looks like img 1, go to View tab and tick "navigation pane" from the drop down menu(img2)

brummyfan, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    That's the way all mine work but it does depend upon how many Folders or drives are expanded which will increase the length of the list The size of the File Explorer window also is affected by the screen resolution. Using a Maximized window gives more screen 'real estate'. I can collapse all the drives and Folders to make the vertical scrollbar disappear.

Berton, Jun 13, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I actually never use the navigation pane. It is always all collapsed.

But the functionality as the OP asks is there, I wanted to say it only. Probably he wants to use it, and if he is a long time user of the navigation pane, he should be able to manage the length of the pane.

8. ELI
    Eli Win User

9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Well, then I have no idea mate. *Sad I skipped vista.

I hope the coders or the registry gurus may have a way out for you.

10. Debbie Win User
    My W10 explorer appears to have a horizontal scroll bar as shown, are your navigation pane settings set as mine are shown here?.....

Debbie, Jun 13, 2016
  11. ELI
    Eli Win User

12. Debbie Win User
    Hmm.......puzzling!
    *Huh

Debbie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista - Similar Threads - restore navigation pane

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?: Hi!I don't like using the navigation pane in windows explorer because I can't browse as I normally would. I can't use the keyboard and the scroll wheel doesn't work, forcing me to click the narrow scrollbar and drag it as I search and then click the item I need manually.Is...
  5. Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?

Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?: Hi!I don't like using the navigation pane in windows explorer because I can't browse as I normally would. I can't use the keyboard and the scroll wheel doesn't work, forcing me to click the narrow scrollbar and drag it as I search and then click the item I need manually.Is...
  6. Restore onedrive to file explorer navigation pane

Restore onedrive to file explorer navigation pane: Hello,OneDrive is missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer and I cannot bring it back.I already tried:Uninstall from control panel -> reinstallUnlink this PC -> relinkVarious registry editing methodsRunning %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /resetDISM and...
  7. Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom: Hello All, This is a minor thing, but as we know after time small things become annoying. Every time I open File Explorer, or any folder, the Navigation Pane is scrolled at the bottom. I have to scroll to the top to access the Quick Access folders which kinda works against...
  8. File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.

File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.: When I move my cursor into the Navigation Pane of File Explorer, the scroll bar immediately and unstoppably starts scrolling to the top, here it stops. Any attempt to move it downwards or use the scrolling function on my mouse is thwarted by the bar immediately scrolling back...
  9. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888