Windows 10: Is there one person, excepting the troll Bill Gates keeps in his basement, that can answer...

Discus and support Is there one person, excepting the troll Bill Gates keeps in his basement, that can answer... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop running Win 10 Pro and a new laptop running Win 10 Home, both 64 bit. Both can connect to and use the internet. The desktop via an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GDW666, Jul 5, 2018.

1. GDW666 Win User

Is there one person, excepting the troll Bill Gates keeps in his basement, that can answer...

• I have a desktop running Win 10 Pro and a new laptop running Win 10 Home, both 64 bit. Both can connect to and use the internet. The desktop via an Ethernet cable and the laptop via a WiFi connection to the same modem/router.
    • On the desktop, both devices show in the network folder. The desktop entry expands to "users". On the laptop, neither device shows in the network folder.
    • NOW. When I try and use File Explorer to access from the desktop to the laptop I always get a Windows Security pop up of "Enter your credentials to connect to: (Laptop name)", and it will never succeed. It always comes back asking the same question.
    • Microsoft has removed the Home Group ability on the newer Win 10.
    • I use the same email name I use to log on to both PCs and when I log into Microsoft.
    • I have even gone in and changed my password, then verified it.
    • I used "Credentials Manager" on both PCs to enter and verify/set the credential.
    • I entered a credential for both systems, on both systems.
    • I turned off the "Password protected sharing" in the advanced sharing "All Networks" on the laptop.
    • I turned on the network discovery and file/printer sharing on the laptop.
    • I have tried nearly every suggestion I can find in a internet search.
    • Every call to the pc manufacturer, or to the company that sold the pc, or to Microsoft, ends up with "the laptop sold does not have the coverage you need or us to answer."

I will bless your generations to come if I can get a straight forward, and complete, answer to how to make it work.

Thanks,

David

:)

GDW666, Jul 5, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Bill Gates Retires From Microsoft

The founder and head of Microsoft, the world's largest software company Bill Gates steps down on Friday. One of the richest men in the world, Gates will now work full time for his charitable organization The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

The 52-year-old will continue to be chairman though, but will only retain a nominal role in the software empire. He is still is the biggest shareholder of the company and his 8.7 per cent stake in Microsoft is worth about 23 billion dollars.

Gates authored the personal computer revolution three decades ago when he founded Microsoft along with his friend Paul Allen.

Microsoft released a commemorative video paying tribute to Bill's service to the company, titled "Bill Gates: Looking back, Moving Ahead". It can be watched on the company's website here.

btarunr, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Bill Gates at 60: A look back - Happy Birthday Bill

Is there one person, excepting the troll Bill Gates keeps in his basement, that can answer... [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.networkworld.com/article/...icrosoftsubnet

Cluster Head, Jul 5, 2018
  4. CRAIGF2 Win User

Is there one person, excepting the troll Bill Gates keeps in his basement, that can answer...

bill gates 1709 upgrade

tell Bill Gates you all have failed with your 1709 upgrade

CRAIGF2, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there one person, excepting the troll Bill Gates keeps in his basement, that can answer... - Similar Threads - person excepting troll

2. Billing No one can answer question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Billing No one can answer question: Why cant I talk to a person? This is stupid not to be able to talk to a human. It has to do with billing you sure dont hesitate to take money from my account. But cant talk on the phone ....;...
  3. Billing No one can answer question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Billing No one can answer question: Why cant I talk to a person? This is stupid not to be able to talk to a human. It has to do with billing you sure dont hesitate to take money from my account. But cant talk on the phone ....;...
  4. **** service from Bill Gates empire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    **** service from Bill Gates empire: microsofts customer service is off the scale for rubbish service they do not know how to deal with the simplest problems their response staff are uncaring and discourteous, all the unwanted and nuisance apps eg linkedin , booking .com etc cannot be remove from system their...
  5. E-Mails from Mr Bill Gates Foundation

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-Mails from Mr Bill Gates Foundation: Hi Office Just to check regarding that of the above REF: Subject can the E-Mails from Mr Bill Gates Foundation are real as I would like your office to confirm a E-Mail that landed in my inbox 03/08/20. May I thank you for your time and consideration to look over my...
  6. Documents ... I want control NOT Bill Gates!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents ... I want control NOT Bill Gates!: Can someone please tell me how I can regain control of my documents. I recently installed a new SSD and added Windows 10 Home and since then my document storage is being controlled by Microsoft, not me. Let me say I have a better understanding of how and where I want my...
  7. is bill gates a paedophile?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is bill gates a paedophile?: is bill a nonce, paedophile, kiddy fiddler???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-bill-gates-a-paedophile/8a5ece2e-1de3-4467-aca9-0bcc168f9583
  8. I can reply one person anyone please answer me.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can reply one person anyone please answer me.: I can comment , please any can answer me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-reply-one-person-anyone-please-answer-me/528d7c65-42b8-498e-8ffa-9c97604e847e
  9. Which version does Bill Gates use???

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version does Bill Gates use???: I have often wondered, which OS do the big guys use? Let's say Bill Gates his era was the start to Windows 7, so has he upgraded to 8, 8.1 or 10, or does he use what he helped design? Let's say Paul Allen his era was early on perhaps he is still using Windows 95 or 98...
  10. Bill Gates at 60: A look back - Happy Birthday Bill

in Windows 10 News
    Bill Gates at 60: A look back - Happy Birthday Bill: Happy birthday, Bill Bill Gates -- founder of Microsoft, the world’s richest man, and a philanthropist for the ages -- will celebrate his 60th birthday on Oct. 28. He doesn’t look a day over 50. To commemorate the occasion, we’ve put together a collection of Bill Gates...