Windows 10: Is there seriously no way to delete Edge from the Start Menu?

Discus and support Is there seriously no way to delete Edge from the Start Menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The only way I found was uninstalling Edge but I only want the friggin Icon gone from Start Menu... 114518 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by loungebob, Jul 21, 2018.

1. loungebob Win User

Is there seriously no way to delete Edge from the Start Menu?

The only way I found was uninstalling Edge but I only want the friggin Icon gone from Start Menu...

:)

loungebob, Jul 21, 2018
  2. 180sx Win User

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

Hey mate (yes im from australia)

I had this problem just before and fixed it pretty easily.
    Have to use the good old command prompt and delete from there.
    Windows is just gettin shitter and shitter isnt it. might go back to DOS soon lol

Steps> CMD in run > go to the folder (start menu folder) > type: DEL (watever the filename is) and if it says from filename put in the shortname eg. 034Michael short would maybe be 034Mich~l or sumthing like that.

THIS WILL WORK, THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME 4 TIMES NOW LOL fukin vista!!*Bang Head :banghead:

180sx, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

It's probably just a registry entry - run registry cleaner. Or, try doing this; Open File Explorer, browse to \Windows\Start Menu and you'll see the icons there. Delete from this folder and that should remove it.

If the deleted files is stil in Recycle bin, restore it then go back to start menu and delete the file the normal way.

If you can't find the recycle bin...Right-click on your desktop and choose Personalize,
    click the Change Desktop Icons link in upper left hand corner. In the Desktop Icons Settings window, check the Recycle Bin box and click OK.

Hope that helps.*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there seriously no way to delete Edge from the Start Menu? - Similar Threads - seriously delete Edge

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Any way to remove these from start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to remove these from start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MindOfErick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le9nta/any_way_to_remove_these_from_start_menu/
  6. remove Edge from Start menu recommendation?

in Windows 10 Support
    remove Edge from Start menu recommendation?: [img] is there any way to make it so this doesn't show up anymore? All I could find to remove it involved it being pre-installed/download, but after the last update Edge was forcibly installed. I tried the "pre-install/download" solutions, but those didn't work. Any help...
  7. Start menu and Edge disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu and Edge disappearing: The mid October I went to click on the tray icon for Edge and it disappeared (leaving a blank location). The next time I clicked on the start menu icon it paused then popped up with the "Critical Error_ Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you...
  8. Is there seriously no way to delete Edge from the Start Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there seriously no way to delete Edge from the Start Menu?: The only way I found was uninstalling Edge but I only want the friggin Icon gone from Start Menu... 114518
  9. Start Menu Tile Taken from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Start Menu Tile Taken from Edge: I am on a webpage in Edge and save the page to start menu that's easy. My question is: Is there a way of renaming the tile, at the moment the only options I get are to unpin, resize or remove. 25312
  10. How Delete a Group From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete a Group From Start Menu: I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu. [img] How can it be deleted? Rt-Clicking it doesn't bring up anything. 82935