Windows 10: is there solution for "fan running at fullspeed" after upgrading ?

Discus and support is there solution for "fan running at fullspeed" after upgrading ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; upgraded my laptop from win7 to win10. and i got this annoying problem, ton of ppl get this problem, but some of them fixed it by different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blitzhartwright, Mar 22, 2016.

1. is there solution for "fan running at fullspeed" after upgrading ?

upgraded my laptop from win7 to win10.

and i got this annoying problem, ton of ppl get this problem, but some of them fixed it by different solution, and thats make me confused as why this problem occurs, and why i cant fix this fan problem. btw, never got this problem when i still on win7.

laptop @idle

is there solution for "fan running at fullspeed" after upgrading ? [​IMG]

i really need help this time. thanks.

:)

Blitzhartwright, Mar 22, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Mar 22, 2016
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Mar 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

is there solution for "fan running at fullspeed" after upgrading ?

Hi, I think you need to complete your specs for anyone to maybe give you more specific suggestions, as this could well be a driver-related issue.
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Meanwhile maybe you have read
    Solved CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    or
    Solved Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think) - Windows 10 Forums
    and feel free to search for more, especially anything related to your laptop or configuration.

If you find you need to update a driver, note that drivers are maintained by MS, so if you were to update any drivers, for example, they will quickly be replaced by what Uncle MS believes is good for you. The Tutorial section has a tutorial on how to protect any drivers yuo need that are different to aht Uncle MS thinks you should have.

Have you verified your laptop is compatible with Win 10 and checked your manufacturer's forum for similar reports? Or done a search on your
    "laptop type" fan on "Windows 10"
    or similar?

dalchina, Mar 22, 2016
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    The usual suspect with laptops is lint, dust and fluff in the heat exchanger, causing overheating of the processors - graphics & cores, which may need to be disassembled and the fan physically removed for thorough cleaning. Often blowing through the case vents with compressed air is not sufficient to remove the blockage. Once these measures have been taken, and the blades and housing of the fan have been brushed clean and the debris blown away in a well ventilated area, the fan bearings will benefit from a drop of lubricant, and the processors and heat sink plates should have their thermal compound renewed.

Secondly, the basic chipset drivers that Microsoft installs with Windows 10 should be replaced with the latest applicable versions from the chipset provider, which is usually Intel for Intel processors, see link at top of this forum.

Another cause of the processor overrunning may be other hardware or software problems identified with excessive CPU cycles which may be investigated using device and task manager and MSInfo32.

Fafhrd, Mar 22, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Generally true- but Blitzhartwright said it didn't happen in Win 7.. and his processor temp is quite low.

That said, would be useful to have a screenshot of the task manager please just to confirm.

And note my comment about updating drivers. The only question here might be if any driver has not yet been updated to what MS expects it to be.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2016
  7. yeah thats right, never happenend before when i still on my win7. and i think everyone here already know about overheating issue on win10 cause there's many ppl who got this problem, giving advice about cleaning dust isnt a solution for this problem, because if thats the case , why i dont get overheating problem when i on win7 ? why is it happen right after i upgraded my laptop to win 10? that's the question.

here my SS of my task manager.

and about ur post

"And note my comment about updating drivers. The only question here might be if any driver has not yet been updated to what MS expects it to be."

i really dont know what to do, i just updated my driver using windows update, maybe u could give me detail on what should i do concerning my driver.

here's history of my windows update.

as you can see there's some 'failed on install' which i dont know why , and what should i do about them. i try to check if i can download it again, but when i press 'windows update' it says my laptop already up to date.

oh, and btw i already updated my system specs on forum, maybe u could check it out.

thanks.

Blitzhartwright, Mar 23, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, thanks. Nothing special in your task manager as you'll know, which is fine.

Have you read thru those two links I quoted? Noted you seem to be showing above in the driver updates that there are two graphics cards. One of those threads talks about this.

Also do a basic check on your Device Manager - no yellow exclamation marks.
    For those failed to install cases, you can of course check these for updates specifically from Device Manager.

I'm wondering about your 0deg reading for your GPU. Given that the driver installation failed, that's worth inspecting.

Just wondering about compatibility- 'tho my old laptop (originally Vista) had nothing listed for '10 by HP, yet ran 32 bit and 64 bit ok, although once I got to Win 8 Safe mode never worked properly (thermal cutout).

N46VZ | Notebooks | ASUS Global
    -> Win 8.

Latest BIOS is 409 (dated 2013).
    N46VZ | Notebooks | ASUS Global
    Note one update is for 4Gb VRAM- how much do you have?

dalchina, Mar 23, 2016
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    If the fan is running at full speed, and the processor temperature limits are being exceeded - as the flame symbols on Speedfan indicate -then there are issues - but that may be because you have lots of driver issues, even though your processor is nowhere near 100% at 16% in Task Manager, presumably due to temperature-related throttling, and your full-speed fan managing to cool things a little.

Given the 0 reading for GPU temperature which is clearly impossible, you may have several issues from BIOS to drivers and software incompatibilities, which require investigation.

But I'd always start with the usual suspects - just my 2c.

Fafhrd, Mar 23, 2016
  10. yeah already read them, but ill try to read it again if i can find something.

my device manager :

yeah, idk bout 0c on my CPU, but i tried to use another software, its called HWmonitor, here's the result :

about compatibility, actually when visiting the asus website u linked, i coincidentally stumbled upon this : Windows 10 - Which model supports upgrade to Windows 10? > and it seems that my laptop model isnt on the list.

hmm, i dont know if that's really the actual reason why i got this problem, maybe i should go back to win7 after all.

Blitzhartwright, Mar 23, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Mmm, good find, and in my first list of suggestions. There's always an outside chance if the manufacturer only lists drivers to Win 7, say, but doesn't say it DOESN'T support Win 10.. where the manufacturer lists it as NOT supporting Win 10, that's less likely. So don't hold out your hopes.

Your CPU use is relatively high- your task manager didn't show what that's due to. Could you rank CPU use from high to low and post another screenshot?

As to the unknown devices, download Drivermax and do a driver scan. (I've used that successfully to get 2 drivers not otherwise found for my old laptop). Now don't whatever you do randomly download all updates. Simply try to resolve the unknowns.

Also resolve the references you've posted to two video cards (Intel and Nvidia).

dalchina, Mar 23, 2016

12. here's the task manager :

here's gif version (ignore the gyazo, it takes memory because its recording this gif) :

already scanned with drivermax, here's the result :

but i dont which one is the 'unknown device'

what do you mean by "Also resolve the references you've posted to two video cards (Intel and Nvidia)." this ?

if what you mean is wether i have double vga installed like in someone's thread, then no, i dont have it installed double, here :

i also got the latest ver. of BIOS which i updated a long time ago. (when i still on win7)

btw, after researching about unknown device, i read that i should get that driver 'Hardware ids'
    its root\DTSoftBus01 and root\amppal​.

Blitzhartwright, Mar 24, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

A. Two video cards: in one of the threads I posted you will have read about a spurious 2nd Intel video card driver being installed and removing that solved the problem.

Question: do you have two cards in your PC? When I looked at the spec I saw no reference to the Intel card but could have missed it. If those drivers match what you expect, it's fine.

B. Task Manager - whatever is 'Microsoft Drivers'? Ok, not huge CPU use, but that deserves research. Your idle CPU use would ideally be under 3%, preferably lower (Depends what background software you have installed - some added services etc use more CPU time than I'd like to see).

DWManager CPU use shouldn't be that high.

C. BIOS- I seem to recall the latest date was 2013. But if your version is latest, that's fine.

D. Fan control - see refs to ACPI under system devices in your Device Manager (I have about 10 references, not all of which can be relevant). The fan control is managed by sensors on your motherboard and ACPI drivers.

The Drivermax offerings don't immediately stand out to me as helping there. Maybe the Intel ones- I can't tell. But you don't really lose much by trying them. (Drivermax allows 2 free a day)

dalchina, Mar 24, 2016
  14. yeah for n46vz i got two cards, its intel HD 4000, and nvidia gt 650m. i think from that thread, the problem is that guy got 2 driver installed for nvidia or intel ? as for me i got it normal, 1 driver for each of intel and nvidia. because u see that in my case, there's driver for nvidia that failed to update on 'windows update' , and then i installed nvidia driver for win10, the same for intel driver, i updated it to latest version.

idk about microsoff drivers, in process its named "spcdh.exe" and i cant find anything in google.

about bios, im sure that latest ver. 409 bios for n46vz is from 2012.

is this the ACPI ?

after researching about unknown device, i read that i should get that driver 'Hardware ids'.
    and its root\DTSoftBus01 and root\amppal​.

Blitzhartwright, Mar 24, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    Hi
    "Fan control - see refs to ACPI under system devices in your Device Manager"

This one:

Task manager: if 'Microsoft Drivers' is still running, try rt clicking it, Properties, and post a screenshot. Thanks.

As to the last para, sorry, no idea.

At some point you will need to decide whether you agree with your manufacturer that your laptop is not compatible.. I'd check their forums, post a question there.

dalchina, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

1. is there solution for "fan running at fullspeed" after upgrading ? - Similar Threads - solution fan running

2. Why is my PC fan running continuously ? Please suggest a solution .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC fan running continuously ? Please suggest a solution .: My desktop PC fan keeps running continuously . That's a huge noise. why is the problem persisting & how to resolve it ? My system specifications are : Windows 7 Professional ; Processor intel core 2 duo [Year 2006] ; DDR-2GB RAM [Two RAMs] ; a new smps & new motherhood...
  3. Why is my PC fan running continuously ? Please suggest a solution .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my PC fan running continuously ? Please suggest a solution .: My desktop PC fan keeps running continuously . That's a huge noise. why is the problem persisting & how to resolve it ? My system specifications are : Windows 7 Professional ; Processor intel core 2 duo [Year 2006] ; DDR-2GB RAM [Two RAMs] ; a new smps & new motherhood...
  4. Is there any possible solution for the reoccurring fan running at max speed problem? Or is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any possible solution for the reoccurring fan running at max speed problem? Or is...: I've purchased an Asus ZenBook 14 UM433IQ a year ago and I have been encountering some weird issue with my laptop. When I normally use my laptop for a while and close the lid or stay AFK with the screen going off, when I reopen the lid or wake the laptop, the fan goes on full...
  5. Is there any possible solution for the reoccurring fan running at max speed problem? Or is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any possible solution for the reoccurring fan running at max speed problem? Or is...: I've purchased an Asus ZenBook 14 UM433IQ a year ago and I have been encountering some weird issue with my laptop. When I normally use my laptop for a while and close the lid or stay AFK with the screen going off, when I reopen the lid or wake the laptop, the fan goes on full...
  6. Fan running after update KB5004945

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan running after update KB5004945: Hello, after installing the KB5004945 update on the Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop, fan is often on even when watching a YouTube-only video or browsing simple websites! If I turn off the program or WebBrowser, the fan dies down. Fan's mechanically clean. I also tried pc Advanced...
  7. fan still running after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fan still running after hibernate: Issue: It does NOT automatically power-off the laptop and fan still running after hibernate. Note: this happens almost 4out-of5 of times that I hibernate. It means almost 1out-of5 of times, it automatically power-off after hibernate. Steps: 1. I click on hibernate, it saves...
  8. Fan Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan Running: My cooling fan keeps running constantly blowing out cold air. Hardware checks show no problem. CPU usage can be as low as 2%. Sometimes it will stop after approx: 10 minutes and more times it can last as long as the laptop is powered up. Intel turbo boost turned off and...
  9. fan running continually after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fan running continually after 2004 update: Just updated Windows from 1909 to 2004, and now it seems the fan runs continually. Anyone else notice this? How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-running-continually-after-2004-update/4c9feefe-b324-4377-be90-73dd08497d0f
  10. Fans Run after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fans Run after sleep mode: Hi, is it normal in Windows 10 for a laptop fan to still run after putting the device to sleep? This is using the power button or sleep button from the start menu. This is on a Dell 5520 and an XPS 7390, does anyone happen to know? Also is it possible to see what could...