Windows 10: Is there some way to change which Hardware Game DVR should use?

Discus and support Is there some way to change which Hardware Game DVR should use? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Intel Quicksync and AMD VCE, my Quicksync is from a newer generation but Game DVR choose AMD VCE to record which produce ugly video quality.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chummy, May 21, 2016.

1. chummy Win User

Is there some way to change which Hardware Game DVR should use?

I have Intel Quicksync and AMD VCE, my Quicksync is from a newer generation but Game DVR choose AMD VCE to record which produce ugly video quality.

:)

chummy, May 21, 2016
  2. noniak Win User

Does the Game DVR record the Mic?

I had a update and the update changed some stuff for improvements but when I checked the game dvr it has a feature now that you can enable for a mic.
    If you have not got the setting for the mic for the game dvr go to your windows update settings and check for updates and it should take about 10-15 minutes for the update and it does the process when you first installed windows 10 but it added some features
    that I saw were new and the setting for the mic should be there in the game dvr settings

noniak, May 21, 2016
  3. Hacks. Win User
    Windows 10 Game DVR Not working.

So I have a GT1030 which means I can use Game DVR but it says the error Your pc does not meet the hardware requirements for Game DVR. I really want to use game DVR any help would be appreciated.

Hacks., May 21, 2016
  4. MrNeeds Win User

If you have to use the Game DVR feature, there's not much help unless you recode the app, but if you're flexible and just want the recording functionality, OBS can use Quicksync and VCE (of which you can select).

MrNeeds, May 22, 2016
  5. chummy Win User
    I know OBS and i already using it for long time in Win8.1 and now in 10, but it dont work with DX12 games while Game DVR do. Unfortunately MS not released advanced settings for Game DVR. That a bit frustrating since there one year since OS released and MS keep inviting people to upgrade to Win10 for DX12, but they UWP looks being in a Alpha stage yet.

I see in insider preview they already released 60fps option instead of only 30fps which persist in standard Build. Hope they keep implementing more advanced settings in near future and bring that fast to main build.

chummy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there some way to change which Hardware Game DVR should use? - Similar Threads - change Hardware Game

2. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: Nvidia Quadro 3000M support Game DVR for win10 xbox video record? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-dvr/7581a001-7c3d-40b5-b93b-b05ccd2ec615
  3. Game DVR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game DVR: hallo ich habe ein kleines Problem was ich nicht verstehen kann nämlich ich habe ein Laptop und ein pc aber Game DVR ging ganz normal auf Laptop aber auf pc sagt mir Game DVR mein Hardwareanforderungen kann nicht erfüllt werden was eigentlich ja Garnicht sein kann ich...
  4. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  5. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  6. GAME DVR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GAME DVR: what IS MOVIE FORMAT FOR GAME DVR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/game-dvr/58a87439-8d23-4c58-9a98-ed68fe690ef6
  7. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: When I try to record clips of my Rocket League Gameplay, they clips are just blank screens with audio. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/game-dvr/eee274d8-61e3-406c-ba19-58d2988dc70c
  8. Xbox Game DVR can't record some games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game DVR can't record some games.: Well, I use the Xbox Game DVR a lot when I play, specially League of Legends and Ori and the Blind Forest. But when I play Paladins, I can open de Game Bar, but te options of Win+G and Win+R don't work, it says that I can't record at the moment, and try again later. This...
  9. Windows Game DVR Location Change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game DVR Location Change?: Hello, I am currently using the built in Windows Game DVR, and I want to change the default save location. I have read other threads, but they don't help me at all. I do not have an account with Xbox and I don't plan on getting one. Is there anyway I can do this? I would...
  10. Game DVR giving hardware error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR giving hardware error: when i try to record a game using the Game DVR functionality, it give me an error saying i do not meet the hardware requirements. i have a GTX 980. does anyone else having the same problem 16012