Windows 10: Is there something wrong with my soundcard or is it a settings issue?

Discus and support Is there something wrong with my soundcard or is it a settings issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I bought a new desktop PC about a month ago which has Windows 10 as its operating system. I listen to my music mainly by using my PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Diwedd, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Diwedd Win User

Is there something wrong with my soundcard or is it a settings issue?

Hi there,

I bought a new desktop PC about a month ago which has Windows 10 as its operating system. I listen to my music mainly by using my PC and I either use Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey or Foobar 2000. I have noticed that some tracks are not playing correctly.

I have no knowledge of these things, so please excuse my ignorance. Essentially, when some tracks are played some music/sounds that are part of the track disappears (or gets pushed into the background making them barely audible) and you only hear music/sounds in the foreground. It is like there are two channels and one channel is in the foreground and the other in the back. Is this an issue with my soundcard or is there a setting I need to change to get it to play correctly?

This is only with certain tracks, not all tracks. I never had this problem on my previous PC (or any PCs), so I am a bit mystified.

I have attached three images showing my PC system info, my soundcard info and soundcard driver info. My soundcard is a Realtek High Definition Audio card.

I will appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Many thanks

s
    Is there something wrong with my soundcard or is it a settings issue? [​IMG]

:)

Diwedd, Dec 19, 2016

2. Something is wrong with my keyboard (or something else)

So, recently my keyboard died and i bought a new one today, bbut iit made evevrythingg i typed to look like thhis. The charracterers are repeatting themselves a lot.. I goot annoyed and went tto the shhop to get a replacement. One of the clerks tested
    iit on their computer and thee keyboard worked fine, i got confusedd and got a replacement from anotheer model. But I arrivedd home now and tested the replacement and it haavee thhe same probbleem. I already rreduced tthee repeat delay and put repppeat
    rate on fast, but tthe prooblem ccontinuues, i tried every usb port on the computer and thee problem continues. I don't know what to do anyymore, and I need helpp as soonn as ppossibble because I hhave an asssiiggment to dedeliver tommoorow.

LucasFigueiredo1, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Something Went Wrong There is a problem with the way exchange.mse2010.com is set up.Error Code 0x85010004

Original Title: Error Code 0x85010004

I have a private domain, purely for emails, and it is hosted by Simply Mail Solutions. At the moment I have to log on to their site using their OWA option to receive my emails. Whereas all my other accounts, Hotmail, Yahoo etc. are synced automatically into
    the mail app on my laptop running windows 10.

The full error message reads

Something Went Wrong

There is a problem with the way exchange.mse2010.com is set up.

Contact a support person or your service provider

Error Code 0x85010004

I have used the support services by Simply mail solutions and all the settings are correct.

If you can provide me with a solution, in idiots guide format, I would be most grateful. Unfortunately we are not all computer wizards and some of the solutions that have been posted on this error code go right over my head.

SteveSainty, Dec 19, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Brink maintains the latest RealTek drivers in .cab form on the Drivers & Hardware forum stickies: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version. It's up to version 6.0.1.8018. You can also find an FTP download updated regularly there as well (look in the last 5-6 pages any time you need one). Page 180 has a link to the same download in installer form at SoftPedia (didn't look for the FTP link after I found this one).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 19, 2016
  5. Diwedd Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I have updated the driver, but it has not made any difference. I still have the problem.

I forgot to mention as well that I have, what appears to be quite a bit of static noise, when I turn my volume up. It is rather irritating. Again, I never had this problem in the past.

Diwedd, Dec 19, 2016
  6. Diwedd Win User
    Well, it turns out to be something rather simple. I did some more searching online and someone suggested checking the power supply and connections. Turns out it was a bad connection. I plugged in another set of speakers and the problem is gone.

Diwedd, Dec 19, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you were able to get it sorted. I'd rather troubleshoot physical connectivity problems any day over troubleshooting (mysterious) driver problems.
    Happy holidays!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there something wrong with my soundcard or is it a settings issue? - Similar Threads - something wrong soundcard

2. something wrong with my group policy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    something wrong with my group policy settings: something is wrong with my group policy settings.........preventing sfc /scannow from completing successfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-wrong-with-my-group-policy-settings/66853269-b15a-4df7-9fbb-e7411220fa93
  3. something wrong with my group policy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something wrong with my group policy settings: something is wrong with my group policy settings.........preventing sfc /scannow from completing successfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-wrong-with-my-group-policy-settings/66853269-b15a-4df7-9fbb-e7411220fa93
  4. something wrong with my group policy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. something is wrong with my Roblox shift setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something is wrong with my Roblox shift setting: Hi Microsoft! So I’ve been recently fine with Roblox on my Microsoft surface windows 10 but suddenly it wouldn’t let me use the shift lock button. I would attach photos but basically in my Roblox game settings I don’t have a “keyboard” movement option which makes games...
  6. something is wrong with my Roblox shift setting

something is wrong with my Roblox shift setting: Hi Microsoft! So I’ve been recently fine with Roblox on my Microsoft surface windows 10 but suddenly it wouldn’t let me use the shift lock button. I would attach photos but basically in my Roblox game settings I don’t have a “keyboard” movement option which makes games...
  7. something is wrong with my passwords!

something is wrong with my passwords!: I just had the scare of my life! Just a few minutes ago, the passwords for every account I have just stopped working. This is for email, social media, discord, everything....... I changed my email password and got through there, but I didn't want to do this for every single...
  8. Something wrong with the soundaround in settings 7.1.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something wrong with the soundaround in settings 7.1.: Hello, When i right click the Sound Button down to the right i press the Sound button and then when I go to Playback and when i click on my Hyper X headset and then press Properties and after that i press advenced and then spatial sound and there when i try to choose Dolby...
  9. Is there something wrong with my SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there something wrong with my SSD?: So I am trying to decompress a zip file, and when I have it on my D drive (a old school normal hdd) and have it set to decompress onto my C drive (My SSD) why does it seem to extract much slower than just going from D to D drive? I've even had the pc softlock before during...
  10. SoundCard Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    SoundCard Issues: now if I can only get my sound to work as it does with Windows 8.1 I'll be fine with otherwise I'm still trying to find answers on to get my 7.1 to work. I do get 2.0 but that does not cut it as I like the 7.1 sound I get from my computer Installing the soundcard it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check if there is something wrong with soundcard