Windows 10: Is there way to programmatically add folders to Windows10 Quick Access

Discus and support Is there way to programmatically add folders to Windows10 Quick Access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 pro I would like to add folders to quick access using a script. Using powershell, cmd, wmi etc. I know that I can access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrg9999, Jul 9, 2016.

1. mrg9999 Win User

Is there way to programmatically add folders to Windows10 Quick Access

I am running windows 10 pro
    I would like to add folders to quick access using a script.
    Using powershell, cmd, wmi etc.
    I know that I can access quick access by using from the run prompt
    shell:::{679F85CB-0220-4080-B29B-5540CC05AAB6}
    to take me to quick access.
    I have produce something that sort of works using autohotkey, but I'd like something in native powershell, wmi etc.

Reason: When I log into a works VPN, for some mad reason it clears all my quick access, recent files and folders.

I'd like to have a startup script that puts everything back where it should be, without manually dragging them or using autohotkey to do it for me.

Why can question titles only be 71 characters?

:)

mrg9999, Jul 9, 2016
  2. NVFOX Win User

My laptop network view shows my desktop, but the desktop doesn't show my laptop.

I forgot something to add in my previous post. Once a network location is added, you may see under Network the icon of the networked PC with all the folders that are shared. Now right click on the networked PC, and add it Quick Access. This way one has
    the icon ready click in Quick Access and see all the shared folders. The added Network Location can then be deleted.

NVFOX, Jul 9, 2016
  3. Can't add files or folders to the "Quick Access" sidebar.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run SFC Scan

Please click on the below link and follow procedure to perform SFC scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

If the issue persists, please follow the below method.

Method 2:

• Click on Start Menu

• Type CMD

• Right click and run as administrator

• Type del %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations

• Press Enter
    I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

Is there way to programmatically add folders to Windows10 Quick Access

1. Is there way to programmatically add folders to Windows10 Quick Access - Similar Threads - programmatically add folders

2. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  3. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  4. How to update Quick Access programmatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to update Quick Access programmatically: Hi, I use Google Drive and every time I restart Windows it auto-populates to File Explorer's Quick Access bar - which is annoying. I have started an inquiry with Google here -Research:Why does Google Drive keep auto-populating ... Google Support ForumsI don't expect Google to...
  5. How to update Quick Access programmatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Quick Access programmatically: Hi, I use Google Drive and every time I restart Windows it auto-populates to File Explorer's Quick Access bar - which is annoying. I have started an inquiry with Google here -Research:Why does Google Drive keep auto-populating ... Google Support ForumsI don't expect Google to...
  6. How to update Quick Access programmatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PLEASE Add Recent Folders Back To Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    PLEASE Add Recent Folders Back To Quick Access: Sweet baby Jesus, Windows, can you please stop removing "Recent Folders" from the Quick Access?! This is hands down one of the most essential and frequently used functions for your users. I had found a way to add it back through a registry change and this morning's update...
  8. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  9. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939