Windows 10: Is this a genuine file or malware ?

Discus and support Is this a genuine file or malware ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed that my processor was working at 100% all the time. When i looked to see what was using al of the processor i found a process running... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lucske, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Lucske Win User

Is this a genuine file or malware ?

Hi,

I noticed that my processor was working at 100% all the time.
    When i looked to see what was using al of the processor i found a process running named: g67b0.tmp.exe
    Google came with no results for this so i wondered if it is malware ?
    I closed the process and the processor came down to 40%.
    Also i noticed nothing not working after closing the process.
    I haven't rebooted the pc, but i asume the process wil start again on reboot..
    Anyone has any knowledge about this ?
    Thanks,

Luc

:)

Lucske, Aug 14, 2017

2. What is unknown account? Is this malware or a hacker

I have run a security scan with ESET antivirus

It says my computer is clean

Would it be safe to delete the account? If so how do I do that?

YukiHayashi, Aug 14, 2017
  3. What is unknown account? Is this malware or a hacker

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Your efforts to work on this issue is very much appreciated.

Follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the control panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Click on Manage other account.

• Enter the password for the administrator account if prompted.

• Click on the account which you want to delete (Microsoft admin account).

• Click on Delete the account.

• Click on Delete the files.

Important: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account. You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first. Be sure to always have at least one
    enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Its almost certainly a trojen can you upload to virus tool and see what it says VirusTotal

Is there a service running with the same name?

Samuria, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Lucske Win User
    Hi,
    It was a process...
    A filesearch on all my drives found nothing.
    And there's no service running with that name.

Lucske, Aug 14, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Did you delete the file or upload it its likely you may get more with a simliar name

Samuria, Aug 14, 2017
  7. Lucske Win User
    After a wider search i found in windows/temp this file.
    I renamed the extention to .EX- so i hope it won't start at reboot.
    When i uploaded it to Virustotal it had a score of 14/64.
    So i suspect it not to be good...

Lucske, Aug 14, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Google comes up with a lot of results for <lots of other random strings>.tmp.exe and all of them seem malign. A scan with something like AdwCleaner would seem to be a good idea.
    AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

9. Lucske Win User
    Hi,

When i download adwcleaner and try to install it my system tells me that the signature is missing or corrupt and the manufacturer is blocked.
    I thought it may be better to download it using another browser bud IE, Chrome and Firefox give the same result .
    Any idea how to go on now ?

Luc

Lucske, Aug 16, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    If you downloaded AdwCleaner from the link I gave that should not happen. If you downloaded it from elsewhere, try again with the link I gave. It doesn't require installing, you just download it and run it. If it still doesn't run, most likely malware is blocking you from running it. Run Rkill first which will try to stop any malware processes that are blocking you. Then, without restarting, run AdwCleaner.

Download RKill

11. Lucske Win User
    I did download from the link in your message.
    Now i runned Rkill and after finishing it told me that i should be able to use the normal programs...
    Then i tryed again to download and install AdwCleaner .
    It still won't install because my system says the signature is corrupt or not valid.

Lucske, Aug 17, 2017
  12. Samuria Win User
    Try this it doesnt fix anything but tells us whats the problem is so we can deal with it be sure to post BOTH results

Please download and save FRST 64bit or FRST 32 bit to your Desktop.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Make sure that Addition option is checked.
    Press Scan button.
    It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    Please copy and paste log back .
    The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe).

Samuria, Aug 17, 2017
  13. Lucske Win User

Hi,

I attached the 2 files in this message.
    Hope you find anything...

Luc

Lucske, Aug 18, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this a genuine file or malware ? - Similar Threads - genuine file malware

2. Malware Files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware Files?: Update to my other post. It got worse. Error Broker and Kernel Broker keeps reinstalling, I cant access any browsers or applications except the ones with auto startup. It says I do not have permission to open them. Files Explorer too, after some time, I get a window popup...
  3. is iso file genuine or cracked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is iso file genuine or cracked: I have an doubt on windows ISO file weather its genuine or cracked i created a boot when it asked for a product key then i typed the 3v66t product key after that all the steps were finished when i went to activation its showing its activated through a digital license i was...
  4. Is this file a malware virus ... ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this file a malware virus ... ???: Hi, I just see this stranger file called NULL without any file extension I try to delete but always go backalso try to delete de main folder but can't do thatI did the scan with MSERT and nothing detected,also I try to remove this file and the folder from SAFE MODE Windows...
  5. Can an ISO file be cracked or genuine?

Can an ISO file be cracked or genuine?: Hello everyone, I had recently upgraded my Windows 10 from 1909 version to the latest 20H2 version. After the update repeatedly failed when installed through the Windows 10 update assistant, I had no other option but to download the Windows 10 20H2 ISO file and install it,...
  6. sppextcomobjpatcher.exe is it a genuine file or a virus?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sppextcomobjpatcher.exe is it a genuine file or a virus?: sppextcomobjpatcher.exe file is moved to quarantine by my AVG antivirus every time it tries to doi dont know what something. And when it's moved something published from "open vpn" company tries to install a network driver. Is it safe to install? or should i remove...
  7. If IT IS Not Genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If IT IS Not Genuine: My USB controller is not genuine?. Therefore the screensaver has permission to not start. Even though my USB xbox 360 after market controller is not genuine, the screensaver could squish and kill someone if it starts. Am I wrong?...
  8. Are these files Malware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these files Malware?: I woud like to know how to delete 2 files in my temp files folder and if they are dangerous. The first one is DBUtil_2_3.sys. It only shows up sometimes. The secone is CR_0EDE.tmp. They don't automa tically delete when I check all the files in the temp folder indicating I...
  9. Malware or legit file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware or legit file: Is this a real windows file? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-or-legit-file/97333b49-73be-4ebd-ad21-cd47aea47253"
  10. tmp file malware

tmp file malware: I believe my new laptop has been attacked and is now affected by a file named tmp file. How do I remove this tmp malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/tmp-file-malware/31b58fd1-b852-41c9-911f-5d28e92e6472