Windows 10: Is this a good prebuilt gaming desktop?

Discus and support Is this a good prebuilt gaming desktop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am looking to buy a prebuilt desktop for 1080p 60fps gaming (e sports and "AAA"). I have found an Acer GX desktop for $1300 AUD ( ~ $1000 USD). The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mnsdfhrug, Nov 11, 2017.

1. mnsdfhrug Win User

Is this a good prebuilt gaming desktop?

I am looking to buy a prebuilt desktop for 1080p 60fps gaming (e sports and "AAA"). I have found an Acer GX desktop for $1300 AUD ( ~ $1000 USD). The specifications are:

i7 7700
    16 gb ddr4 ram
    1 TB HDD
    256 GB SSD
    500 W Power supply
    Gtx 1060 3 gb.

These are the best specs I can give. The part manufacturers aren't mentioned.

For the price, the CPU, RAM and SSD are good imo but obviously the 3gb gtx 1060 is a concern. I am aware that rx 480/580 or gtx 1060 6 gb would be better but I don't have that choice since its a prebuilt.

Would you guys still recommend getting this? I have seen better deals on prebuilts but they ship from US so import taxes make them not worth it. I can get this locally in australia so shipping is very small cost and no import taxes. Other desktops around this price range might have rx 480 or gtx 1060 6gb but they will have i5 6400 cpu, 8 gb ram and no ssd which seems like greater shortcomings than the gtx 1060 3gb imo. What is ur opinion?

Thanks.

:)

mnsdfhrug, Nov 11, 2017

2. Windows 10 isn't active when HDD was moved to another PC.

I had bought a prebuilt Dell inspiron and added a gpu to use as my primary gaming driver. I had just recently bought and built a new pc, and took the HDD out of the prebuilt to keep all my files and games instead of having to redownload them. However, now
    that I am using the new pc with the old HDD, I have the watermark that says "activate windows go to settings to activate windows".

The key was active while in the prebuilt, so any ideas on how to fix this?

jaxonmoore, Nov 11, 2017
  3. What is a good gaming laptop?

A good, flexible laptop, no doubt. Gaming capacities may be hindered, however, by the limitation to integrated Intel HD graphics. If you can choose, a dedicated (discreet) graphics card is always better.

Sanmartin2016, Nov 11, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Yes, I think that is a good build for gaming. Like you said, the GPU is a little low on Vram, you could possibly upgrade it later if needed. Also, I would be concerned if it is a quality PSU.

5. fireberd Win User
    I agree that the power supply seems to be low wattage for a system like that. Its probably "adequate" but probably no reserve power. Can you check with the Builder (company) to see if there is an option for a larger power supply?

fireberd, Nov 11, 2017
  6. i7 7700

yeah that's a good heater in there *Smile

jokes aside, I don't think Acer will put a horrifying power supply in there. It probably has a PSU that's around Silver or Gold tier in efficiency.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this a good prebuilt gaming desktop? - Similar Threads - prebuilt gaming desktop

2. No OS on prebuilt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No OS on prebuilt.: I'm about to get a used/new computer with no OS installed. I want to stay with WIN10 PRO like I have on my current computer and keep things simple. My question: do I need to buy a new WIN 10 PRO key/edition? Or can I use the same WIN 10 PRO on my current PC? Is it possible?...
  3. No OS on prebuilt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No OS on prebuilt.: I'm about to get a used/new computer with no OS installed. I want to stay with WIN10 PRO like I have on my current computer and keep things simple. My question: do I need to buy a new WIN 10 PRO key/edition? Or can I use the same WIN 10 PRO on my current PC? Is it possible?...
  4. No OS on prebuilt.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good: Hi, I changed screen resolution from 1920*1080 to 1366*768, and now I am unable to see my desktop icons there are 8 icons and I can see only 3 in 100% resolution, and if I increase the number will decrease. I have tried all possible solutions and unable to see all the icons....
  6. Windows 10 From prebuilt desktop to custom desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 From prebuilt desktop to custom desktop: Hello, I am wondering how I transfer the license from an Omen Hp Desktop to an upgraded version of the desktop. If not can i get the product key so I can activate the license for the new one, or is that not possible....
  7. Good PC, Games not running

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Good PC, Games not running: I just purchased an iBUYPOWER Gaming PC, Model TRACE940 from my local bestbuy. I got it all set up, installed geforce experience as well as the drivers associated with my graphics card (GTX 1060). The first game I initially installed and played was of course fortnite, which...
  8. good cheap steam games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    good cheap steam games: As mentioned in a previous post, i only have a laptop (and a bad one at that) I have, however, just ordered a new gaming PC. after spending £800+ on a PC, i'm a little tight for cash, but i still want some good games. What are some good steam games that are free or under...
  9. Is a Latitude E6410 good for gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a Latitude E6410 good for gaming?: Hello everyone! I have a question. Is a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop good for gaming? Beacuse I'd like to buy myself a PC, but I don't know if it will be worth to buy a cheap one... *sarc Most of the PC's I saw on Allegro (Polish site for buying stuff, like Ebay) are 100, 200...
  10. Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?: Right now I have an Intel Pentium E6300 on my Eureka3 motherboard, and that's not running BeamNG at all... If I upgraded to a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 I am worried about it overheating constantly, because everyone has that problem. Would it not overheat badly if in a HP...