Windows 10: Is this a problem? Phishing or otherwise

Discus and support Is this a problem? Phishing or otherwise in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a message in the notification area on my Windows 10 HP laptop. It was a request from Microsoft (Maybe Microsoft) requesting me to log onto my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gregathome, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Is this a problem? Phishing or otherwise

I got a message in the notification area on my Windows 10 HP laptop. It was a request from Microsoft (Maybe Microsoft) requesting me to log onto my Microsoft account using my password. They wanted to me to verify my account so I would not loose access to it. I was logged on under my PIN. What I did was to log out and relog on using my password. Everything is ok so far. Was this a Legitimate request from Microsoft?

:)

Gregathome, Jul 25, 2018

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Is this a problem? Phishing or otherwise

quietman7 - MVP, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Is this a problem? Phishing or otherwise

1. Is this a problem? Phishing or otherwise - Similar Threads - problem Phishing otherwise

2. Phish!pz cause a backup problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phish!pz cause a backup problem: WIN10 system.For about two weeks, when making a backup, the system interrupts it with an error message and the Microsoft security program built into the system reports a message about the detection of unwanted software Trojan:HTML/Phish!pz, at the same time informing that it...
  3. PHISHING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PHISHING: To day I receive e-mails from :McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> , McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>with PHISHING :Your Antivirus Has Expired, You are not...
  4. PHISHING or Not

PHISHING or Not: J’ai reçu un e-mail en anglais alors que mon compte est en français provenant de l’adresse suivante *** Email address is removed for privacy *** concernant « service agreement ». Est-ce un e-mail de Microsoft ????Merci...
  5. Phishing

Phishing: I received a suspicious email claiming to be from Microsoft, can I forward it so it can be investigated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phishing/f6992c69-8058-4790-bc5b-140977070d19
  6. Phishing

Phishing: I clicked on a phishing link and entered a password. I've already changed the password on the account it was linked to but how can I be sure there is no malware on my computer? I ran a scan using the virus and threat protection software on the computer and they came back...
  7. Phishing Problem

Phishing Problem: I clicked on an email and sent my email, password and country to someone called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that posed as MSN Service. I have changed the password but am worried if that will solve the problem. The email seems to slow down a lot. It said I...
  8. Problem with Phishing Email

Problem with Phishing Email: I keep getting emails saying "Note to self" with my Hotmail profile that are phishing. I am reporting them but obviously cannot block them. What has happened [Original Title: Phishing]...
  9. Phishing

Phishing: I keep getting emails saying "Note to self" with my Hotmail profile that are phishing. I am reporting them but obviously cannot block them. What has happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phishing/c5ec6333-f368-4957-a64f-7964bcef2589
  10. Phishing

Phishing: I got phished about a month ago by an Indian outfit. They trailed an HP printer driver installation page I was trying to use for a new printer, and place a "chat" ear at the bottom of the page. After I could not find what I was looking for, I clicked on the chat ear and the...