Windows 10: Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up?

Discus and support Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up? --- Are there better choices I can look into? [img] I’m using the 19Vdc 4.74A as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeAndMyComputer, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up?

Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up?
    --- Are there better choices I can look into?

Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up? [​IMG]

I’m using the 19Vdc 4.74A as a guide based on the battery compartment information which I suppose is really for the battery if there was one in it.

According the HP manual the AC Adapter P/N is 693712-001 & replaces whatever the original PN is but the manufacturer’s PN isn’t included in the charger buy’s company information.

In the additional info section, it states
    “Attention! Please make sure the part will match your laptop. If there is no central smart-pin in the connector of your original AC Adapter, please stop bidding this item.” I don’t know how to determine that because I don’t have the original AC Adapter. In the connection port of the laptop I do see a gray central receptive section that an HP AC Adaptor cord I’m using accepts the center pin, but I don’t know if that is a central smart-pin. If it is it appears to me I shouldn’t have a problem ordering this unit.

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Jul 9, 2018
  2. brightene Win User

how to upgrade to windows 10 in hp elitebook

i cant install and update my hp elitebook 8540w to windows 10 please help

brightene, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Wake up from sleep with Microsoft AC Adapter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to restart the laptop from sleep mode when connected to AC power adapter.

Please be informed us if you are facing any problem with while waking the computer from sleep mode.

I suggest you to update the drivers for AC power adapter from
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps :

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand AC Power Adapter.
    • Right on the W and click on Update driver software.

If the drivers are updated, you will not have the option to Update Driver Software.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter
      that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up?

Smart AC Adapter capacity

Hi

An AC Adapter is the small black box that is typically located on the Power Cord that you plug into a wall socket to provide AC power to the computer and charge the battery at the same time.

AC adapter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_adapter

An AC Adapter should have been included with the device, it is important to use an adapter that is compatible with the device you are using.

I would recommend that you contact HP for more information.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up?

1. Is this AC Adapter ok for an HP EliteBook 8540w I just picked up? - Similar Threads - Adapter EliteBook 8540w

2. Hp Elitebook Glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Elitebook Glitching: My Hp Elitebook keep glitching for no reason. I got it fixed but it happens again and again. Is there anything I can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-glitching/8eeb4752-c45c-4a88-9642-25e3c91e9820
  3. Hp Elitebook Glitching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Elitebook Glitching: My Hp Elitebook keep glitching for no reason. I got it fixed but it happens again and again. Is there anything I can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-glitching/8eeb4752-c45c-4a88-9642-25e3c91e9820
  4. I deleted microsoft ac adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted microsoft ac adapter: Now my laptop isnt turning on, probably doesnt have battery leftI was adviced to install win 10 to a usb stick, is this free and how much sapce do i need Also, do i need to have power on my device to install it I probably dont have any power...
  5. I deleted microsoft ac adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted microsoft ac adapter: Now my laptop isnt turning on, probably doesnt have battery leftI was adviced to install win 10 to a usb stick, is this free and how much sapce do i need Also, do i need to have power on my device to install it I probably dont have any power...
  6. Ac adapter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ac adapter: hello, i have dell inspiron 5559, my main battery is dead so i removed it, when i run the laptop using only the AC adapter it's running slower than when it was with the battery installed. I get a warning at the startup of windows alert the ac power adapter wattage and type...
  7. Trying to install Windows 10 on an old HP Elitebook 8540w (2010) - any tips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install Windows 10 on an old HP Elitebook 8540w (2010) - any tips?: So, I'm trying to revive an old HP Elitebook 8540w notebook that had a harddisk failure. The problem is that I can't seem to get the Windows setup to start, neither from a flash drive nor an SD card: I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a bootable flash drive and...
  8. HP Elitebook 2560p

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Elitebook 2560p: Is there a driver for fingerprint reader for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-2560p/6d97a867-1c29-4a4d-80ee-a4d30a66d951
  9. Microsoft AC Adapter

Microsoft AC Adapter: Hello For months I have being trying to charge my laptop battery, but when I plug in my AC Adapter, my laptop will say "plugged in, not charging". I have tried changing my battery and charger but its still doing the same thing. Right now I am running on AC. I tried to...
  10. Ac adapter not recognised.

Ac adapter not recognised.: Windows 10 Oct 2018 update .Hp Envy m6. Ac adapter when do battery check states it is not attached yet device manage shows working correctly. Optimization and system check states okay.Have updated the bios and drivers and removed an reattached battery and ac adapter. Have...