Windows 10: Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu

Discus and support Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot use cortana or most importantly search on the windows start box. I cant open edge browser or weather and my location changed to washington dc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bright Eyes, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu

I cannot use cortana or most importantly search on the windows start box. I cant open edge browser or weather and my location changed to washington dc.

Im posting here because the deathly similar report written on this page over a year ago but for windows 8: Windows 10 Weather live tile showing Washington DC... : windows

Restarting the taskbar now longer works.

Please view video here to see fullscreen: https: // vimeo.com /190424071

Restarting the explorer was very temporary and it came back quickly not sure why I said solved before. Now, I have solved it though. Just glad I didnt need to do a restore.

:)

Bright Eyes, Nov 5, 2016

2. recoveryAMD64.exe what is this app from unknown publisher

Hi, Thanks for your response.

Cannot find this file anywhere. Have tried searching the full path and still not able to locate it and therefore unable to "put the file in the 'box' for Virustotal to analyse". At the moment I do not have any other problems so will continue looking,
    but it occurs to me that if the file is sitting in my start\menu awaiting download it therefore cannot yet be downloaded as a programme. Is my thinking correct?

Best regards

Cannotfixit, Nov 5, 2016
  3. Cannot access Start Menu, Search, or Settings in Windows 10

I ran all these steps plus some registry key changes I found on the Microsoft site but mine still does not work. I am with above wanting to revert back but cannot as i can't get to settings. Even when I try an alternate route to settings I see the settings
    window for a minute then it closes. I thought maybe automatic updates may not be working but I am unable to find a means to acquire latest updates. Everything I read says to go to auto update which I can't get to. So at this point I don't how to proceed and
    would appreciate any pointers.

SylviaBedell, Nov 5, 2016
Thema:

Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu

1. Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu - Similar Threads - update issue Cannot

2. Start Menu and Search Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Search Issues: Hi all,I'm currently on Windows 11 Home 22H2 edition and, following the latest update it feels like everything revolving around the OS has begun to break.Start Menu: whenever I click the start menu, it will stay up, if I click anything else and I mean anything on the start...
  3. Start Menu and Search Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu and Search Issues: Hi all,I'm currently on Windows 11 Home 22H2 edition and, following the latest update it feels like everything revolving around the OS has begun to break.Start Menu: whenever I click the start menu, it will stay up, if I click anything else and I mean anything on the start...
  4. Cannot access search bar in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access search bar in start menu: I cannot access the search bar in the start menu. Additionally, the multiple desktops icon on the taskbar is no longer available. This bug started yesterday, updating and restarting did not fix it. I would go to the searchbar, type in "microsoft feedback", and download the...
  5. Issues with Windows start menu SEARCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Windows start menu SEARCH: [ATTACH] Previously, when I would search using the Windows start menu search I would get the result highlighted for me and I could just press enter. Press WIN key > type app name > press enter Now, if I follow the same process above, it doesn't highlight, it shows all...
  6. Update search in Start Menu - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update search in Start Menu - Windows 10: Hello, I deleted Tor and installed the new version, in the search menu I have got the old version. How can I update the search in the start menu? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  7. start menu and search issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu and search issue: [ATTACH] Hi, i have update to 2004 version and now the search panel opens at the same time that the start menu ! wtf ! how to get rid of it even if it's permanently, i don't use the search panel......
  8. windows start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    windows start menu search: i can't seem to see that windows finds simple "apps"\(programs)" like the blizzard app, twitch app etc... is there some setting that enables me to do this? so far i narrowed it down to the indexing of files. maybe that'll do something. every time i search for "twitch"...
  9. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...
  10. Cannot add things to the start menu... also search issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot add things to the start menu... also search issues.: I went to Start10 in the meantime but I think I would really like to use and configure the default.. it seems nice. however, when I try to pin things by dragging, I get this: (red circle with slash) Dropbox - 2015-08-02_14-41-44.png Dropbox - 2015-08-02_14-40-17.png...