Windows 10: Is this disk usage too high for windows 10?

Discus and support Is this disk usage too high for windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, As I'm typing this with no other apps running and a clean install of Windows 10 performed an hour ago I have 97% disk usage. wsappx is showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by teatimecrumpet, May 13, 2017.

1. Is this disk usage too high for windows 10?

Hi,

As I'm typing this with no other apps running and a clean install of Windows 10 performed an hour ago I have 97% disk usage. wsappx is showing "1.8mb/s" in the task manager followed by a bunch of normal objects that show like 0mb/s or .1mb/s...hovering at 94% right now.

I've battled this before with limited success doing everything mentioned before like disabling BITS, Defender, fetch, prefetch, etc...

This is a 6month old ACER E5-575-33bm and about two days ago the original hard drive failed. It's not completely busted but I was stuck in an automatic repair loop and I tried to remedy it with all the suggestions out there. I couldn't even go into safe mode. Nor could I do a repair or fresh install on it using a WIN10 usb boot disk.

My question is. Is this just windows 10 and I have to live with it? (down to 1% disk usage at the moment after about 3 minutes). I'm concerned that the last hard drive died because of this problem of intermittent spiking. Does anyone know if this is a hardware problem? Did I just get a bad mobo? Is it my ram? Should I bring it into Acer service? Will they just tell me it's normal and tell me to carry on?

:)

teatimecrumpet, May 13, 2017

2. "Service Host: Local System" taking up every bit of disk space it can get and slowing down my computer. How do I fix this?

100% Disk Usage Windows 10 Service Host, Service Host High CPU Usage, Service Host High Memory Usage, Service Host Local System High Disk Usage, Service Host Local System Network Restricted, Service Host Local System Windows 10, Windows 10 Service Host CPU,
    Wsappx High Disk Usage Windows 10.

See tutorial here:
    svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, May 13, 2017
  3. Disk usage running 98-100%

Right after booting up my computer is too busy to allow any program to be called. A check of usage shows several MC programs running and Windows Module Installer is one of the top users of my disk usage. After being almost totally locked out for about 7
    minutes the disk usage goes down to less than 50% and I have reasonable usage without being locked out. What is causing this high Read/write on my disk.

Lee Wellman

LeeWellman, May 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Is this disk usage too high for windows 10?

Hi, in an idle state you should expect 0 disk usage. (Assuming no internet activity e.g. background downloads.

I understand you've replaced the drive and clean installed Win 10 on a newish PC- presumably the Creator's build?

You should not try to fix this by disabling Windows services.

Otherwise it's impossible to comment without information.

I believe you are in a clean boot state.

Please post a screenshot of your task manager, organising any columns of interest high to low by clicking on the relevant column tab. Repeat for different columns if useful.

Please also complete your system specs (see mine for comparison), including details of your disk(s).
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Please download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of its GUI for each drive.

What is your build number?
    (Windows key + R, winver)
    Home or Pro or...?

I agree drive failure that early is unexpected.

Please also boot to Safe Mode, and again post a screenshot of your task manager.

dalchina, May 13, 2017
Thema:

Is this disk usage too high for windows 10?

1. Is this disk usage too high for windows 10? - Similar Threads - disk usage too

2. High disk usage windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High disk usage windows 10.: Hey folks, got a problem where my pc is running terrible, just terrible. Task manager and resource monitor not really showing me anything. ran sfc /scannow and windows found corrupted files but couldn't repair them. I can upload the CBS.log if you'd all like to see, but would...
  3. Too high Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too high Disk usage.: Is this due to a virus or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-high-disk-usage/76f166e7-195c-4827-a0a4-f17719f5b3bc
  4. Too high Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too high Disk usage.: Is this due to a virus or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-high-disk-usage/76f166e7-195c-4827-a0a4-f17719f5b3bc
  5. Too high Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. High Disk Usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Disk Usage in Windows 10: I am Facing High or 100% Disk Usage in Windows 10 . The Disk is not always 100% or high but it frequently spikes and stays for 5 minutes.Thanks For Any Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage-in-windows-10/f262ed43-6b10-40d4-855b-e42a412e6368
  7. high disk usage windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high disk usage windows 10: so my computer is having a high disk usage whenever im trying to open a game or spotify or adobe reader it gets closed automatically, the browser/discord/microsoft apps are working smoothly, i still dont know the difference between the softwares working and the others that...
  8. Windows 10 high disk usage

Windows 10 high disk usage: Hi there My normally runs between 10% to 20% when using the pc and below 5% when idle, yet when i connect to a wifi norwork it jumps to 100% and freezes for a couple of minutes. I havnt installed any new programmes and i have turned off all automatic updates. please help...
  9. Windows 10 High Disk Usages

Windows 10 High Disk Usages: Hi, I have Laptop with specifications as Processor: i5-8250U 1.6GHz RAM: 12GB HD: 1TB Graphics: AMD Radeon 540 2GB C Drive size is 100GB with 36.9 GB free of 99.9GB Windows 10 version: 1909 Startup applications: Realtek HD Audio and Windows Defender are enabled....
  10. Disk usages high in Windows 10

Disk usages high in Windows 10: Hi, I recently purchased a new Laptop with specifications as Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (1.60GHz, up to 3.40GHz 4 Cores, 6MB Cache), GPU: AMD Radeon 540 2GB GDDR5 HDD: 1TB and RAM: 4.0GB PC4-19200 DDR4 Soldered...