Windows 10: Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?)

Discus and support Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Argh. so i decided to give cortana a go. Turns out much less resource intensive than I anticipated so theres that. However, I use my accessory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 23, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?)

Argh.

so i decided to give cortana a go. Turns out much less resource intensive than I anticipated so theres that.

However, I use my accessory display for my main taskbar so the notification tray shows up there. Apart from issues with cortana picking the proper monitor to display on when i "hey cortana" ive noticed something obscure i spent a ridiculous amount of time already trying to troubleshoot. Ive gone through the dism thing. the sfc thing. The create another account thing. I even tried an entirely different pc (which admittedly has much synced and almost the same group policy settings so i cant be sure).

Further compounded by the fact I have no more pc's with multiple monitors to test on Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?) :p

So whenever cortana is "listening" whether it be via "hey cortana" or win+C (yep tried that too) it results in one monitor showing cortanas box proper, and the other monitor having a file explorer icon pop up in the taskbar.

It goes away when im done of course, im just trying to ascertain A) why is anything at all popping up on another monitor when I have it set to only pop up on the "main taskbar, and any others that the window is active on" and more importantly B) why is a file explorer icon popping up and not a cortana icon or some such?

Is something corrupted?

My secondary pc mirrored the same behavior but I want to be sure. Anyone with multiple displays care to confirm or deny for me? Have anything to add etc?

Not sure what id do without these forums Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?) :)

:)

klepp0906, Jun 23, 2018

2. Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

Hi James,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set up this other user account on only one monitor but with a different set of mouse and keyboard?
    • Are going to be using the same CPU on these four monitors?
    If the above questions are true, the setup that you currently have is not possible. You would be needing to use a third party software and external additional hardware to separate the keyboard and the mouse.

You can read about KVM switch and setting up multiple users with

KVM switch

For a thorough assistance regarding your concern, we suggest that you also post this concern through our Technet Forums, visit this

link

For more information about multiple user setup, visit this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

• They will be using the same mouse and keyboard on the same PC.
    • The only difference is when one user logs on it will use only 1 of the 4 monitors and when the other user logs on it will use 3 or all of the monitors what ever they choose

JamesSalisbury01, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

Hi James,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set up this other user account on only one monitor but with a different set of mouse and keyboard?
    • Are going to be using the same CPU on these four monitors?
    If the above questions are true, the setup that you currently have is not possible. You would be needing to use a third party software and external additional hardware to separate the keyboard and the mouse.

You can read about KVM switch and setting up multiple users with

KVM switch

For a thorough assistance regarding your concern, we suggest that you also post this concern through our Technet Forums, visit this

link

For more information about multiple user setup, visit this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?)

Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

I have a PC with windows 10 setup with 4 monitors and multiple user accounts, I would like to know if it is possible to set certain user accounts to use only a certain monitor or monitors?

for example:

• One user just plays games so when they log on it doesn't turn on all the monitors but only one (a 42" TV).
    • Another user, uses three monitors but has no need for the TV.

JamesSalisbury01, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?)

1. Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?) - Similar Threads - normal behavior cortana

2. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors: Hi,I replaced my second monitor this week. It will only duplicate the laptop screen; it will not extend.In display they show up as one monitor and windows does not detect the new monitor. I've run the windows update and checked the one video adaptor driver that's listed. I...
  3. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors: Our teachers have Dell Latitude 3310 2-in-1 laptops and corresponding docks in classrooms. The docks are connected to a monitor and a projector. When we clean install the laptops, the teacher can either duplicate the display on all three output devices laptop screen, monitor...
  4. Printnightmare and Normal Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printnightmare and Normal Users: There's a lot of talk lately about this new unpatched vulnerability. It seems that everyone is being implored to disable the print spooler service or file and printer sharing in the Windows Firewall. Does this apply to normal users? Normal users are those with an internet...
  5. Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  6. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors: I have a RazerBlade Pro and am trying to set up multiple monitors. The computer has 1 HDMI Port and1 Thunderbolt port. Was able to connect 1 additional monitor to the HDMI port. This works with either my Samsung 32" monitor or the HP 29" monitor. When I try to add a...
  7. Cortana and multiple calendars

in Cortana
    Cortana and multiple calendars: This more of a verification. Cortana cannot track multiple calendars within the same account, correct? This means to use the feature, everything has to be under one list. Is there something missing in settings that can correct this?...
  8. Is it normal behavior for 1903?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal behavior for 1903?: My CPU being loaded under 60% when I open File Manager. On Task Manager opening it loads at 100%. Is it normal or abnormal? What are yours? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-behavior-for-1903/403918bf-04fa-49d6-916f-cf1380cf7042
  9. multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple monitors: how to switch my 1 and 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/multiple-monitors/101ec3d8-0e37-497f-8656-1df332c50ba6
  10. Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?: Booted up Gayle's little HP Laptop this morning and got the update window with "Lets Get Started" and saying "they" had some things to perform before the update. In retrospect, I should have connected an Ethernet cable, but oh well. After just over two hours of what I...