Windows 10: Is this Progress

Discus and support Is this Progress in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In windows 7 I could display a map of my workgroup networked computers. Windows 10 does not give me that option. I must use Netgear Genie to do what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pepegotme, Aug 6, 2016.

1. pepegotme Win User

Is this Progress

In windows 7 I could display a map of my workgroup networked computers. Windows 10
    does not give me that option. I must use Netgear Genie to do what Windows 10 should do.
    Is the progress? The only way that Windows 10 works is through Explorer where you can see the
    networked computers. No map though!
    Another displeasure is getting into the Safe Mode-not an easy F8 click as before.

:)

pepegotme, Aug 6, 2016
  2. tobbykhan Win User

N85- No progress in Software Update-this is SERIOUS

yeah it is the worst nightmare...cause even after a successful firmware install, the phone gives the error of SYSTEM ERROR when i try opening the n-gage application. this phone shouldnt have been manufactured in the first place, if it had so many software
    hurdles.

tobbykhan, Aug 6, 2016
  3. tobbykhan Win User
    N85- No progress in Software Update-this is SERIOUS

N85- the worst nightmare i could ever had.

i reinstalled the software via NSU and goodness..it would go to the phone recovery message each time... i got another data cable for it...no chance of working it out. i used both my pc and laptop for the phone to get updated(reinstalled) BUT NO WAY...

then i took my phone to a friend's computer and there it worked just fine.

NOW WHAT IS ALL THIS????

tobbykhan, Aug 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Is this Progress

F8 disappeared 'cos boot speeds are much faster and the boot sequence has changed significantly with the introduction of fast startup. It takes about 10s to boot to a lock screen with my SSD- succeeding with F8 would be relatively unlikely.

Good summary here:
    4 Ways To Boot Into Safe Mode In Windows 10

You could try:
    Safe Mode - Add to Boot Options in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    This was suggested in Win 8, when the change was introduced - you could check its relevance for '10, but I can't recommend it.
    Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot Menu | Windows 10 Forums

I'll leave the rest for someone else.

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  5. pepegotme Win User
    dalchina, thanks for the input. It works for Windows 10 and now I have the F8 key with all its advantages and no decrease in boot time.

pepegotme, Aug 6, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That feature was mainly for Windows 95, 98, 98se, XP. They removed the Network places when Vista came out.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is this Progress

1. Is this Progress - Similar Threads - Progress

2. How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?: How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall? I never had the option to connect to Facebook either. I wasnt able to join a clan that I was invited to becuz I always got the "Oh No Something Went Wrong" message then it would kick me from the...
  3. How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?: How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall? I never had the option to connect to Facebook either. I wasnt able to join a clan that I was invited to becuz I always got the "Oh No Something Went Wrong" message then it would kick me from the...
  4. Repeated progressive crashes/BSOD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated progressive crashes/BSOD's: I have been suffering from repeated BSODs lately. I upgraded most of my PC at the end of last year and have been having progressive issues since a month or two ago. It started with discord crashing whenever someone would view my stream. Then progressed to discord crashing...
  5. Repeated progressive crashes/BSOD's

Repeated progressive crashes/BSOD's: I have been suffering from repeated BSODs lately. I upgraded most of my PC at the end of last year and have been having progressive issues since a month or two ago. It started with discord crashing whenever someone would view my stream. Then progressed to discord crashing...
  6. Why does the Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?: Hello,Why is my Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?I am running Windows 11 23H2 Build Number 22631.3447 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-windows-11-boot-logo-and-progressive/2052d493-852f-4eb0-adfd-9de1d9ff146e
  7. Why does the Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?

Why does the Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?: Hello,Why is my Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?I am running Windows 11 23H2 Build Number 22631.3447 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-windows-11-boot-logo-and-progressive/2052d493-852f-4eb0-adfd-9de1d9ff146e
  8. I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-see-no-sign-of-progress-in-by-unistalling-task/62a9945d-65c1-45b5-a42a-86528adf0968
  9. I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue

I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-see-no-sign-of-progress-in-by-unistalling-task/62a9945d-65c1-45b5-a42a-86528adf0968
  10. I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade