Windows 10: Is this Progress

Discus and support Is this Progress in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In windows 7 I could display a map of my workgroup networked computers. Windows 10 does not give me that option. I must use Netgear Genie to do what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pepegotme, Aug 6, 2016.

1. pepegotme Win User

Is this Progress

In windows 7 I could display a map of my workgroup networked computers. Windows 10
    does not give me that option. I must use Netgear Genie to do what Windows 10 should do.
    Is the progress? The only way that Windows 10 works is through Explorer where you can see the
    networked computers. No map though!
    Another displeasure is getting into the Safe Mode-not an easy F8 click as before.

:)

pepegotme, Aug 6, 2016
  2. tobbykhan Win User

N85- No progress in Software Update-this is SERIOUS

yeah it is the worst nightmare...cause even after a successful firmware install, the phone gives the error of SYSTEM ERROR when i try opening the n-gage application. this phone shouldnt have been manufactured in the first place, if it had so many software
    hurdles.

tobbykhan, Aug 6, 2016
  3. tobbykhan Win User
    N85- No progress in Software Update-this is SERIOUS

N85- the worst nightmare i could ever had.

i reinstalled the software via NSU and goodness..it would go to the phone recovery message each time... i got another data cable for it...no chance of working it out. i used both my pc and laptop for the phone to get updated(reinstalled) BUT NO WAY...

then i took my phone to a friend's computer and there it worked just fine.

NOW WHAT IS ALL THIS????

tobbykhan, Aug 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Is this Progress

F8 disappeared 'cos boot speeds are much faster and the boot sequence has changed significantly with the introduction of fast startup. It takes about 10s to boot to a lock screen with my SSD- succeeding with F8 would be relatively unlikely.

Good summary here:
    4 Ways To Boot Into Safe Mode In Windows 10

You could try:
    Safe Mode - Add to Boot Options in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    This was suggested in Win 8, when the change was introduced - you could check its relevance for '10, but I can't recommend it.
    Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot Menu | Windows 10 Forums

I'll leave the rest for someone else.

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  5. pepegotme Win User
    dalchina, thanks for the input. It works for Windows 10 and now I have the F8 key with all its advantages and no decrease in boot time.

pepegotme, Aug 6, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That feature was mainly for Windows 95, 98, 98se, XP. They removed the Network places when Vista came out.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is this Progress

1. Is this Progress - Similar Threads - Progress

2. How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...: I tried to update my Windows 10 but suddenly it came out We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update. how to fix it? stafaband I've tried other tutorials on Google but it doesn't...
  3. Is progression for a UWP game the same when played with different accounts on the same device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is progression for a UWP game the same when played with different accounts on the same device?: I'm wondering cuz i want to switch accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-progression-for-a-uwp-game-the-same-when-played/1a5c5215-9033-4cae-9103-36561aed106c
  4. Task View gets progressively slower based on up time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View gets progressively slower based on up time: Is it just me, or does Task View take longer to open the longer your system has been on? I recently upgraded to 32 GB of RAM and am still encountering the issue. submitted by /u/grizzlypass [link] [comments]...
  5. recent updates to windows ten progressively "killed" perfecty working three year old...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent updates to windows ten progressively "killed" perfecty working three year old...: About a month back, Windows aimed to automatically install an update on my then functioning perfectly (minus a freeze or so since then recent new installed Norton –old software still on board, in brief…) Toshiba Satellite C70-C. Windows 10 OS. Model # PSCSEU-03P010. During...
  6. Bluetooth speaker functionality gets progressively worse with each update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth speaker functionality gets progressively worse with each update: Hi! I am using a JBL GO 2 (bluetooth speaker) on my Dell 7520. At first it worked fine but since summer, using it with windows 10 turned into a nightmare. Here is my storyline: Bought bt speaker, paired with W10, works fine. An update later.. When computer wakes up from...
  7. Microsoft Mahjong not saving progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mahjong not saving progress: I've been playing free on line Microsoft Mahjong for a couple of years now and love it. As of Nov. 1 the game no longer saves my progress. I've tried it through Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and the result is the same. Help! (I've also been having recurring multiple problems...
  8. How i can find my MSA profile for In order to restore the progress of online game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can find my MSA profile for In order to restore the progress of online game: I lost the link between my game and my account . I called the game support team and they told me that I can regain progress by logging in with the correct MSA profile . I want to help me or at least guide me . windows 10 ....
  9. No progression on level 99!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No progression on level 99!: Leveled up to 99 a month ago. Been playing daily since then, but no progression shows on the level, What's up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-progression-on-level-99/d55116eb-a58d-4ef9-bf17-8595bdef8ddc
  10. My windows 10 working on update is on 22% progressing waiting for more than 18 hours is it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 working on update is on 22% progressing waiting for more than 18 hours is it...: My window 10 working on update is on 22% progressing but I am waiting for more than 18 hours is it OK or something wrong..how many days I have to wait. There is blue screen with 22% for more than 18 hours what to do my wifi network speed is very slow just 54mpbs so how many...