Windows 10: Is this really a microsoft account

Discus and support Is this really a microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can this be correct? I thought I used this as a local account sign in. 54476 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by meebers, Jun 26, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

Is this really a microsoft account

Can this be correct? I thought I used this as a local account sign in.

:)

meebers, Jun 26, 2016

2. What is this Microsoft account number that is being ask? Where do I get it? Thank you. It appears when I try to reset the password. It is under the special domain.

Hi Julio,

If you are referring to a verification code that is being sent to your email, it is a confirmation if your request was really sent by you or the owner of the
    Microsoft account.

For security purposes, we are sending a security code like this to your alternate email address or phone number before you can proceed to make changes to your log –in credentials. Once you receive a request from us, you need to respond back so we will be
    able to provide our services.

Visit this link:
    Security info & security codes
    for more information about our Microsoft account verification process.

Let us know if you need more help.

Johann Eva, Jun 26, 2016
  3. What is this Microsoft account number that is being ask? Where do I get it? Thank you. It appears when I try to reset the password. It is under the special domain.

What is this Microsoft account number that is being ask? Where do I get it? Thank you. It appears when I try to reset the password. It is under the special domain.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

JulioVillacres, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 26, 2016
  5. meebers Win User
    I wrongly assumed that only .outlook and .msn. accounts could be Microsoft accounts. After going thru the link you provided, my .gmail account can and is one after I verified it. Tx Brink.

meebers, Jun 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this really a microsoft account - Similar Threads - really microsoft account

2. How is Microsoft really this terrible with helping unlocking accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How is Microsoft really this terrible with helping unlocking accounts: Hello, my name is Kenneth Olsen & i'm having problems with two of my accounts in which your automated system REFUSES to help me with. Both accounts have been compromised and locked out due to multiple log in attempts. I'm attempting to recover the first one as it's connected...
  3. How is Microsoft really this terrible with helping unlocking accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is Microsoft really this terrible with helping unlocking accounts: Hello, my name is Kenneth Olsen & i'm having problems with two of my accounts in which your automated system REFUSES to help me with. Both accounts have been compromised and locked out due to multiple log in attempts. I'm attempting to recover the first one as it's connected...
  4. How is Microsoft really this terrible with helping unlocking accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Half way between a local account and a microsoft account = nothing really works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Half way between a local account and a microsoft account = nothing really works: My hard drive was replaced, and the guy at the shop reinstalled windows with only a local account. I logged onto this account, and followed the prompts to convert it to my microsoft online account. Somehow it is stuck half way, which means my computer is stuck in a weird...
  6. Microsoft really wants my account activities

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft really wants my account activities: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/0Zyn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsr44t/microsoft_really_wants_my_account_activities/
  7. Is this really Microsoft ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this really Microsoft ?: Received an email from Microsoft Cares that tells me that I've been charged almost 500$ for Windows Defender with a number to call if I have a question. I was never asked for this and I thought Defender was free ? If this a scam or a true email ? If it is true how can I...
  8. Is this really Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this really Microsoft?: Virus and Threat Protection Settings was turned off today when I turned on my laptop, when I clicked on Turn On and got the elevation request for Windows Security I clicked on view more details and see Verified Publisher Microsoft Windows and CLSID:...
  9. Really, Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really, Microsoft?: I've been running win 10 on this PC for 10 months now. After being pestered to log in to my XBOX account every time I play solitaire for the past 10 months, I finally caved just to maybe get on with my time sink a bit sooner. I'd been playing as a guest up until today. Well,...
  10. Really deleting a work or school account from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Really deleting a work or school account from Microsoft Store: Hello, When additionally signing in to /Microsoft Store with a work or school account the first time, I was prompted whether to allow permissions which I declined, however, I have found that I am not able to install any applications from the work or school library with an...