Windows 10: Is this security or is it crazy?

Discus and support Is this security or is it crazy? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is getting crazier every day. All of a sudden when I try to open my CD ROM drive I get this message. “Frank (frank-1) is denying access to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Frank1 Win User

Is this security or is it crazy?

This is getting crazier every day. All of a sudden when I try to open my CD ROM drive I get this message. “Frank (frank-1) is denying access to your PC. Contac the owner of the media server to allow your PC to access it. “So it’s telling me that I am denying access to my PC and I should contact myself to gain access. *Banghead How crazy can their security get???? The guy banging his head is me.

:)

Frank1, Jan 12, 2016

2. is this email spam or scam - it is headed Introducing new Microsoft family features

It is legitimate.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 12, 2016
  3. JLBOZ Win User
    is this email spam or scam - it is headed Introducing new Microsoft family features

Thanks ZigZag. Even if legitimate, it is still unsolicited, so it is spam. There appears to be no option to unsubscribe, which adds to the annoyance. And it includes obviously false statements such as claiming to have listened to my feedback, which has to
    be nonsense since I provided none.

Altogether, not Microsoft's finest moment.

JLBOZ, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

I had once the same issue, found out that after a build upgrade I had accidentally blocked media streaming. Allowing all devices solved this.

Is this security or is it crazy? [​IMG]

5. Frank1 Win User
    Thank you, Kari--that solved my problem.

Frank1, Jan 12, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this security or is it crazy? - Similar Threads - security crazy

2. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...: I have tried all my user names and passwords i.e. microsoft, admin, and yahoo but it has not fixed the issue. I also receive a message Microsoft OutlookAccess to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a Web site, sign out of...
  3. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...: I have tried all my user names and passwords i.e. microsoft, admin, and yahoo but it has not fixed the issue. I also receive a message Microsoft OutlookAccess to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a Web site, sign out of...
  4. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. So I am having crazy windows security issues. I have got at least five error messages in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I am having crazy windows security issues. I have got at least five error messages in...: Plus, it's always saying I have TPM turn off and then a few seconds later it will say it' on. I have recently reset the app but I'm still having issues. I have reported it in Feedback hub and Microsoft is asking me for more details and I'm working on sending them that. So,...
  6. So I am having crazy windows security issues. I have got at least five error messages in...

So I am having crazy windows security issues. I have got at least five error messages in...: Plus, it's always saying I have TPM turn off and then a few seconds later it will say it' on. I have recently reset the app but I'm still having issues. I have reported it in Feedback hub and Microsoft is asking me for more details and I'm working on sending them that. So,...
  7. I have a CRAZY security problem with one of my two HP desktop PCs in our home!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a CRAZY security problem with one of my two HP desktop PCs in our home!: I have a CRAZY security problem with one of my two HP desktop PCs in our home! On one of the PCs, I can play any MP3 file from any drive on my home network; when I try to play the same or any album from my NAS box on the other HP PC, I get this stupid error screen indicating...
  8. I have a CRAZY security problem with one of my two HP desktop PCs in our home!

I have a CRAZY security problem with one of my two HP desktop PCs in our home!: I have a CRAZY security problem with one of my two HP desktop PCs in our home! On one of the PCs, I can play any MP3 file from any drive on my home network; when I try to play the same or any album from my NAS box on the other HP PC, I get this stupid error screen indicating...
  9. I have a CRAZY security problem with one of my two HP desktop PCs in our home!

10. Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen

Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen: Hi, I downloaded Windows 10 last year and overall I'm happy with the OS. The one thing driving me crazy is the virus scanner. I hope I can describe this clearly and to the point. Some background info: I randomly scan the computer whenever I have the urge to do so. Not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. it security craze