Windows 10: Is this SSD seriously ill?

Discus and support Is this SSD seriously ill? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Got this OCZ arc 100 a week ago - it was 'funky' from day one, but I managed to install Win 7 on the desktop, but I could only open Win 7 on a laptop!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bjorn1, Dec 10, 2015.

1. bjorn1 Win User

Is this SSD seriously ill?

Got this OCZ arc 100 a week ago - it was 'funky' from day one, but I managed to install Win 7 on the desktop, but I could only open Win 7 on a laptop! Ran CHKDSK. Anyone?

PS C:\Windows\system32> CHKDSK E: /R
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is ssd2.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    File record segment 45821 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45823 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45824 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45829 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45830 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45831 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45833 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45834 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45839 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45840 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45842 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45843 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45847 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45914 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45915 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45916 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45917 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45918 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45919 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45930 is unreadable.
    File record segment 45931 is unreadable.
    139264 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 3288.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 3289.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 3291.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 3366.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 3367.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 15810.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 15811.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 18680.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 18681.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 18683.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 18756.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 18757.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 18759.
    Deleting orphan file record segment 18836.
    PS C:\Windows\system32>

:)

bjorn1, Dec 10, 2015

2. Is There Seriously No Fix For This?

I've been using Windows 10 for a little while now. I mostly enjoy the Microsoft Store and the apps it provides at the click of a button. However, what I don't like is the history of apps forever stored on my Microsoft account. I understand the positive aspects
    of keeping a history for the user, but it should still be up to the user's discretion to manually clear it. I just can't believe that there's absolutely no solution other than choosing to "hide" the unwanted apps in my Microsoft store app.

My question is: is there really no way for me to clean up my app history? I can't file a ticket somewhere or ANYTHING?

john.m.norby, Dec 10, 2015
  3. David Haz Win User
    Is There Seriously No Fix For This?

Hello John,

Unfortunately, that feature is not yet applicable. We acknowledge your concern about using the Windows Store, we suggest that you provide feedback through the Feedback App:

• Click Start, then type feedback.
    • Select Feedback Hub.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

***edited for clarity by the moderator.***

David Haz, Dec 10, 2015
  4. bjorn1 Win User

Sigh of relief! I somehow got it working by using SSD Guru's Erase option and creating partition in Easeus - knock on wood!

bjorn1, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Is this SSD seriously ill? - Similar Threads - SSD seriously ill

2. Seriously inconvenient

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seriously inconvenient: I started using the touch screen because the File Explorer is so complicated. File explorer is copying folders, dropping me to the bottom of the page, selecting tons of files I don't want. Tried to turn off the buttons on the touch-pad and it looks like you can only turn off...
  3. Seriously inconvenient

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seriously inconvenient: I started using the touch screen because the File Explorer is so complicated. File explorer is copying folders, dropping me to the bottom of the page, selecting tons of files I don't want. Tried to turn off the buttons on the touch-pad and it looks like you can only turn off...
  4. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Serious Issue: Hi,I was trying to reset my PC yesterday but it got stuck at 39% for over 2 hours, then the power got cutted off. After I re-charged my PC, it showed me option to choose operating system for 2 times and later it restarted and got stucked in blinking page. Now it just turns on...
  5. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  6. Seriously?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seriously?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/koskenjuho [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/spzevv/seriously/
  7. Seriously?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Seriously?: I just resetted microsoft store and.. It won't open Any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seriously/543ab168-7206-444a-af88-66cbd82d2dd2
  8. serious help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    serious help: iam very frustrated plz help me my windows installer i think its called it wont uninstall any downloaded programs it files are deleted but from control panel nothing is also my laptop has beeen not shuting down correctly like it says shutting down and stays there then i hold...
  9. you ill need to take permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    you ill need to take permission: respected sir i am facing problem in copying my files to my pendrive i am not able to delete from my pendrive please help me in this concern matter as i am using original windows 10 lincensed thanking you...
  10. My computer is very ill.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer is very ill.: Number one: "Slower than molasses in a Chicago winter," It takes approximately 38 seconds for anything to fully appear. (For example if I select Outlook I have to wait for 38 seconds before it fully shows up on screen to work with. This is the same for my home page Google and...