Windows 10: Is this true??

Discus and support Is this true?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just read this article out of curiosity and am shocked at what is being stated in point 1 is this true or not?? Windows 10: Ten big things to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ICIT2LOL, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Is this true??

ICIT2LOL, Dec 29, 2015

2. Can't delete a video file from my foldier

Oh wow thanks!!!! That peskily file is gone!! Much appreciated Is this true?? :D

This is Haloprov, Dec 29, 2015
  3. How do I "delete all" email messages, as opposed to one-by-one

Is there a way to "delete all" emails, as opposed to having to select and delete them one-by-one?

I get hundreds of emails per day and would like to be able to e.g. "mark all as read", then "delete all read".

Thanks!

this-is-alex, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Is this true??

All the user needs to do(should need to do, anyway) is turn off "Updates for other Microsoft products". And if needed update their extras like Skype manually, until the Windows 10 Free offer is through in June(or is it July?)

Of course the question is, "Howe many people know to do this?", even though it has been published all over(from serious sites and not click bait ones).

Cliff S, Dec 29, 2015
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks Cliff I am going over to 10 at some stage of the game on a couple of my machines - I just saw this and after all the shenanigans re the new OS and the resulting angst for the users of 7 and I guess 8 it seemed to me to be that the bullying was going beyond what I consider normal selling/business tactics.
    I have already conceded that resistance is futile and like I said I shall have to eventually use 10 although I would still like to keep 7 as my main OS in use and I was prepared to use 7 until support for it ran out in 2020 - but it looks like that is not going to be an option anymore.
    I don't like or appreciate the methods that Microsoft are using or lengths they will go to - to get us to use 10, and it is a sad day when we are subjected to such treatment - almost like living under a dictatorial regime that is not prepared to even grant us that privilege of deciding what we can do or use anymore.

Big brother has arrived!!

ICIT2LOL, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I don't find it much more different than what other OS's do, be it Apples OS, or even Linux(every 6 months, unless using an LTS version) or Android and so on. It's just something new for Windows users(my view anyhow) because you would expect to be left alone until shortly before all support drops for your version, where they would want to sell you the newer version $$$.

Cliff S, Dec 29, 2015
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yep I know where you are coming from and like I said I have given up trying to understand why Microsoft has to go to such lengths - I just think it is heavy handed and does nothing to improve my view on their ethical behaviour albeit not much different from the other companies you mention.
    It just seems to me that greed takes precedence over anything else - just why could not they have left the roll over until 7 support runs out??

ICIT2LOL, Dec 29, 2015
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

Is this true??

Even when 7 support ends I should be able to still use it. It is my decision whether I want support or not.

9. Cr00zng Win User
    Linux is a kernel that gets wrapped around by different distros that use various GUIs and applications. Linux in itself won't spy on you, but distros may, like Ubuntu...

Apple does not force updates, it's up to you if you want to upgrade the OS or not. Nor does Apple make it complex to disable diagnostics and usage uploads:

Is this true?? [​IMG]

The other five above "diagnostics and usage" control applications access to the system and user data. During installation of the OSX, the end user is presented the same interface, where the default settings are disabled. If Windows 10 would similarly use a simple single interface and handles updates the "old MS way", I'd be running W10 as my production system, instead of installing it in VMware....

Cr00zng, Dec 29, 2015
  10. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes Wolfgang I suppose I am lucky to have enough machine to run both at once.

Having said that to go back to what I originally posted I am not impressed at the way that Microsoft has gone about this whole issue. It would have been nice for them to be a tad more transparent from the very start.

ICIT2LOL, Dec 30, 2015
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    I drink to that.

Thema:

Is this true??

1. Is this true?? - Similar Threads - true

2. Error installing update, but claimed answer recovery partition <250MB isn't true for me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error installing update, but claimed answer recovery partition <250MB isn't true for me...: Found this that looked like it applied...https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306"... The 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 will not install...
  3. Error installing update, but claimed answer recovery partition <250MB isn't true for me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error installing update, but claimed answer recovery partition <250MB isn't true for me...: Found this that looked like it applied...https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306"... The 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 will not install...
  4. Error installing update, but claimed answer recovery partition <250MB isn't true for me...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My battery not showing it's true capacity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery not showing it's true capacity.: My battery not showing it's true capacity, It had been used for 4 years but it still showing the same battery value as it was new. I've tried to retry batterycfg multiple times and it still showing the same capacity. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. My battery not showing it's true capacity.

My battery not showing it's true capacity.: My battery not showing it's true capacity, It had been used for 4 years but it still showing the same battery value as it was new. I've tried to retry batterycfg multiple times and it still showing the same capacity. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Windows 11 - Windows Configuration Designer - OOBE Hide True not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Configuration Designer - OOBE Hide True not working: Hi all,We normally use the Windows Configuration Designer to pre-configure our work computers. The package has worked flawlessly with Windows 10 but on Windows 11 devices the package runs but does not bypass the OOBE questions.Even though the package creates a local admin...
  8. Windows 11 - Windows Configuration Designer - OOBE Hide True not working

Windows 11 - Windows Configuration Designer - OOBE Hide True not working: Hi all,We normally use the Windows Configuration Designer to pre-configure our work computers. The package has worked flawlessly with Windows 10 but on Windows 11 devices the package runs but does not bypass the OOBE questions.Even though the package creates a local admin...
  9. Are Windows 12 upcoming next year? this news is true?

Are Windows 12 upcoming next year? this news is true?: Does anybody know about the upcoming version of Windows 12, after Windows 11? I am very curious to know about the Windows 12 version, whether is true or not, or only rumors....
  10. Are Windows 12 upcoming next year? this news is true?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Windows 12 upcoming next year? this news is true?: Does anybody know about the upcoming version of Windows 12, after Windows 11? I am very curious to know about the Windows 12 version, whether is true or not, or only rumors....