Windows 10: Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good

Discus and support Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Reset File History to Default in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials My File History is a complete and total mess, leading to Search being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by chuckiechan, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good

Reset File History to Default in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

My File History is a complete and total mess, leading to Search being unusable. I'd like to start over to see if I can fix it before I start posting my tale of woe.

EDIT: I think my problem may be my search index. Should File History be in there in Indexing options?

:)

chuckiechan, Oct 22, 2017

2. WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR

Try clearing/deleting Update History using the script [BAT file] in this tutorial and
    reboot once more =>
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/clear-windows-update-history-in-windows-10.10401/

1. Is Update History blank/empty now?

2. Does the behavior persist now?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 22, 2017
  3. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good

Hello Chuckie. *Smile

Yes, the tutorial is still valid.

Brink, Oct 22, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Oct 22, 2017
  6. It seems my problem with Search was due to Indexing, not File History.

I deleted and rebuilt the Index, and everything seems to be OK for now. At this point in time the Index is "off" should it be off? It's set on Delayed Start.

chuckiechan, Oct 24, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you mean the "Windows Search" service, then it's set to "Automatic (Delated Startup)" and not running by default.

Brink, Oct 24, 2017
  8. Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good

Well, I think we got it.

Thanks to to you all for your help.

chuckiechan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good

1. Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good - Similar Threads - Tutorial Reset File

2. Reset Host file to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Host file to default?: So i found this artical of how to reset the host to default so the file is nolonger empty on notepad, but i dont entirely comprehend it could someone please help me?our internet provider is comcast...
  3. File History - still slow......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History - still slow......: Tried FH many years ago when it was first introduced - slow write speed so moved to a different program - Altaro Opps!Backup which was 4x fasterAltraro stopped supporting the program some 9-10 years ago but it still works okay.Turned on FH to see what improvements have...
  4. File History - still slow......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History - still slow......: Tried FH many years ago when it was first introduced - slow write speed so moved to a different program - Altaro Opps!Backup which was 4x fasterAltraro stopped supporting the program some 9-10 years ago but it still works okay.Turned on FH to see what improvements have...
  5. File History - still slow......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Resetting a Registry file to it's default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting a Registry file to it's default: Hello, I'm a gamer who play Escape from Tarkov, I have a moderate laptop so my fps isn't so good... a month ago I saw a reddit post that had a method to increase FPS, he said to disable full screen optimization of the .exe first then said to change some registry files that...
  7. request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial: Hello guys and Master Brink Is it polite to ask somebody to make a .reg file like the ones used in the tutorials and mostly written by Brink. It is about cleaning up the windows update history - I do this manually every patch Tuesday with the following commands from...
  8. File History. What are the defaults included in a backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History. What are the defaults included in a backup?: Hi I’ve been trying Win 10 File History and am most confused. First I did a Test run and selected just one folder (Test Folder) to be backed up to an external drive. After the backup had been running for about 5 minutes & my Test Folder was only about 2Mbs in size I looked...
  9. Good basic networking tutorial?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Good basic networking tutorial?: Can you point me to a basic Win10 networking tutorial? Thanks 106058
  10. Reset File History to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset File History to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset File History to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset File History to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically back up versions...