Windows 10: Is UAC gone?

Discus and support Is UAC gone? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can no longer find any trace of the User Account Control "slider" in settings or the control panel. Has this been removed or did I somehow... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by John Pombrio, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Is UAC gone?

I can no longer find any trace of the User Account Control "slider" in settings or the control panel. Has this been removed or did I somehow permanently disable it? I am on fast ring.

:)

John Pombrio, Oct 16, 2017
  2. B Warner Win User

UAC

Help! I am locked out of UAC. All I see are those blue and yellow

shields. I keep getting that damn prompt asking for Administrator name

and password. I've tried every password I can think of, but nothing

seems to work. If I wanted to create a password reset disk, that damn

prompt would appear again, in which case I have no answer to it, nothing

works. If I wanted to use the Command Prompt, I wouldn't be allowed to,

as the prompt would appear.

I have Malwarebytes and it needs to upgrade a new version, but when I

click on yes, that UAC prompt comes up again asking for Administrator

name and password, so I have to click NO. If I wanted to remove a

Program that I didn't want from the program list, the screen would

darken and the only thing on the screen would be the UAC prompt. If I

wanted to do a system file check scan, the prompt would again appear.

Now, I am completely blocked from accessing Malwarebytes, as there is a

yellow and blue shield attached to the icon on the desk top. So if I

wanted to do a scan, I would get that prompt again asking for my

Administrator user name and password which I don't have and don't know

how to get.

I have Windows 10 Home, version 1709 for a Desk Top.

Why is this happening and what do I do?

B Warner, Oct 16, 2017
  3. jimcar22 Win User
    UAC

Is UAC gone? [​IMG]
    This
    screen comes up right after a window titled User Account Control, asking for amin's pin and saying "do you to allow this app to make changes". After the pin is put in this window appears.

jimcar22, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is UAC gone?

Brink, Oct 16, 2017
  5. Thanks Brink. I actually had that tutorial up before I posted this. Turns out that I cannot query the Start box with UAC but instead have to pull up control panel and THEN do a search. Marked as solved.

John Pombrio, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is UAC gone?

1. Is UAC gone? - Similar Threads - UAC gone

2. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...
  3. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...
  4. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. UAC prompt YES button is gone, even after using build-in Administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC prompt YES button is gone, even after using build-in Administrator.: Hello! I have been trying to update this specific anti-cheat application for a game on my PC, but there is no "YES" option when the UAC prompt comes up. Here's what I did:I typed SHUTDOWN /R /O -T 00 in Command Prompt and hit Enter. Clicked on Advanced options.Clicked on...
  6. UAC prompt YES button is gone, even after using build-in Administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC prompt YES button is gone, even after using build-in Administrator.: Hello! I have been trying to update this specific anti-cheat application for a game on my PC, but there is no "YES" option when the UAC prompt comes up. Here's what I did:I typed SHUTDOWN /R /O -T 00 in Command Prompt and hit Enter. Clicked on Advanced options.Clicked on...
  7. UAC prompt YES button is gone, even after using build-in Administrator.

8. How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...: I have one year old HP laptop. And, my administrator privileges have disappeared for the second time. The first time was right after I purchased laptop last year and second time occurred a few days ago. I thought I had instructions from last year but nothing works.Internet...
  9. How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...

How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...: I have one year old HP laptop. And, my administrator privileges have disappeared for the second time. The first time was right after I purchased laptop last year and second time occurred a few days ago. I thought I had instructions from last year but nothing works.Internet...
  10. How to turn on admin right when UAC Yes box is gone and System Error 5 Access Denied msg...

in Windows 10 Customization