Windows 10: Is W10 uninstalling apps itself?

Discus and support Is W10 uninstalling apps itself? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Two versions of CPU-Z and one of GPU-Z have mysteriously disappared from my computer without any trace a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else who have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Submarine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Submarine Win User

Is W10 uninstalling apps itself?

Two versions of CPU-Z and one of GPU-Z have mysteriously disappared from my computer without any trace a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else who have experienced anything similar?

:)

Submarine, Apr 22, 2016

2. Uninstalling W10 apps

Hi,

Most of the time, there is no need to remove or uninstall a default program from Windows 10. For us to better understand your concern, we'd like to know which apps are you trying to uninstall?

In the meantime, we recommend checking out this thread
    and check the list of apps you can remove using PowerShell.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Apr 22, 2016
  3. M.Forrest Win User
    Uninstalling W10 apps

"Certain apps come with Windows 10 & can't be uninstalled. That's ridiculous there's always a workaround.
    So what's the work around?
    Because that seems to be telling customers such as myself that there's no actual way to truly customize our pc's. And in customer relations terms, that's a fairly big deal
    breaker. Seems to be saying I'd need to become a pc programmer to get stuff done. If so challenge accepted.

M.Forrest, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

I have had CCleaner uninstalled by Windows 10. I'm not sure if any other programs were uninstalled. Old age, my memory isn't what it use to be.

Winuser, Apr 22, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    OP,, yes. Windows will uninstall those when you get an update.

BunnyJ, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    Actually, Windows doesn't "uninstall" apps. What it does is fail to migrate them during an upgrade.

If Windows detects a version of a piece of software that it currently considers incompatible, or it just doesn't understand the way the app installed itself, then it will not migrate it to the new instance of Windows (most people don't realize that during an upgrade, it actually installs a completely new copy of Windows and then migrates apps from the old to the new).

Mystere, Apr 22, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    Do you have a link so I can check that out?

Winuser, Apr 22, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

How exactly do you think the Windows.old folder happens? It first renames your old System, Program Files, Users, etc.. then it installs the new OS.

If you're quick, you can actually see this by pressing SHIFT-F10 during the install, which brings up a command prompt and you can go look at the filesystem structure.

Mystere, Apr 22, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    I just asked for a link. I was curious of what MS said about programs being removed.

Winuser, Apr 22, 2016
  10. Submarine Win User
    I have not made any upgrade. I have a virgin retail installation of version 10240. Updates have been installed of course.

Submarine, Apr 22, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    I had the same happen to me with CCleaner. As I recall it was after a update and not a new build. That is why I asked about a link so I could see what MS had to say about programs being uninstalled.

Winuser, Apr 23, 2016
  12. Fafhrd Win User
    Check Windows Defender. I have had Winword.exe from Office97 twice quarantined and removed from its installed folder across the network, with open documents, without anything more than the bland "Defender has found Malware and removed it".

Fafhrd, Apr 23, 2016
  13. Winuser Win User

I didn't think about Defender uninstalling it. If it ever happens again I try to check if it was caused by Defender.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is W10 uninstalling apps itself? - Similar Threads - W10 uninstalling apps

2. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  3. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  4. Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself: Hello all, Since the last windows 10 update (19042) my mail and calender app keeps uninstalling itself. Anyone else having the same problem or can point me towards a fix? submitted by /u/H2-Joe [link] [comments]...
  5. Uninstallation of w10 apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstallation of w10 apps: I wanna ask what is the disadvantage of uninstalling ALARMS AND CLOCKS app in windows 10?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstallation-of-w10-apps/76841b41-9e34-42d0-bae9-28375684e876
  6. games are uninstalling itself

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    games are uninstalling itself: this is the third time this week that the game has uninstalled and its not the game its something to do with microsoft ive had to reninstall 50gb 3 times and its not just getting boring plz have a fix for me...
  7. Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself: Hi there, I am having an issue with my asus r510v and wifi adapter "realtek 8821AE Wireless 802.11ac PCI-E". Randomly when I navigate through the Internet or playing online games my connection falls, but the status icon in tool task says I am still conneced until I try...
  8. windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself: I have MS Outlook installed, which I use for work email but I wanted to use the windows mail app for personal email, which was not installed. I went to the MS app store, installed the Mail App and configured my personal email and thought everything was well. Then when I...
  9. RealTek uninstalled itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTek uninstalled itself: Hi, my Realtek HD Audio uninstalled by itself and now I can't re-install it. I've tried many solutions like install the driver from my manufacturer website ( Gigabyte ) and even tried solutions offered by people online but nothing seems to work. Is there any chance you guys...
  10. software is opening by itself? w10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    software is opening by itself? w10: software opening by itself? w10 i think i use the 'task scedular' to auo-open an app when it set it it gave an error, so guess it didnt work but on 'task scedular' it shows nothing it also says 0 for everything how to find out what's going on here? cos set it and it...