Windows 10: Is WAN Miniport (PPOE) needed on desktop?

Discus and support Is WAN Miniport (PPOE) needed on desktop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just installed new modem, Linksys CM3016 and modem WRT3200ACM., had to call Linksys to set up but here's my question, in Network Connections it states... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xpac5896, Apr 28, 2017.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Is WAN Miniport (PPOE) needed on desktop?

Just installed new modem, Linksys CM3016 and modem WRT3200ACM., had to call Linksys to set up but here's my question, in Network Connections it states "Broadband Connection, Disconnected, WAN Miniport (PPOE)" and the statement has a green check mark next to it, When I go to Device Manager and click on Network Adapters, it shows that the WAN Miniport (PPOE) is fine. Can I delete this or should I leave it alone?
    NOTE: I would have uploaded an attachment to show you what I'm talking about but for some reason I can't upload the file and I have no idea how to delete my old ones.

:)

xpac5896, Apr 28, 2017

2. Network & Internet

Network Adapters:

-Intel R 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

-WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

-WAN Miniport (IP)

-WAN Miniport (IPv6)

-WAN Miniport (L2TP)

-WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

-WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

-WAN Miniport (PPTP)

-WAN Miniport (SSTP)

AimanKelana, Apr 28, 2017
  3. wifi setting totally disappear

Thanks alot sir,

this is what is listed: 1. blue tooth device(personal area networking)

2.blue tooth device (RFCOMM PROTOCOL TDI)

3. Realtek PCIe FE Family controller

4.WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

5.WAN Minport (IP)

6.WAN Miniport (IPv6)

7.WAN Miniport (L2TP)

8.WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

9.WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

10.WAN Miniport (PPTP)

11.WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Thanks a lot

JonathanAdjei, Apr 28, 2017
Thema:

Is WAN Miniport (PPOE) needed on desktop?

1. Is WAN Miniport (PPOE) needed on desktop? - Similar Threads - WAN Miniport PPOE

2. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  3. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  4. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  6. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  7. Wan miniports????

8. Wifi connection WAN miniports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection WAN miniports: Hi! I use windows 10 and it turned out that recently my computer has stopped browsing any pages. Internet is connected, router is fine, all the devices work well and just my computer always displays WAN mini ports which I think inhibit dns server to open pages and following...
  9. WAN miniport IKEv2

WAN miniport IKEv2: While trying to troubleshoot/repair windows not able to automatically detect this networks proxy settings after waking from sleep mode, I have accidentally deleted WAN miniport (IKEv2). How do I get it back on windows 10? Thanks....
  10. wan miniport on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wan miniport on pc: Does not connect to modem anymore. I worked yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wan-miniport-on-pc/4f5b7f89-aa0f-43a7-81c1-b86ef4c4196a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need wan miniport

2. what is wan miniport network monitor

3. do i need aa wan miniport

4. wan miniport (network monitor),
  5. wan miniport network monitor,
  6. do i need wan miniport for my home computer,
  7. do i need this wan miniport,
  8. miniport network monitor,
  9. what is WAN mini port on a desktop computer?,
  10. what is a lan miniport network monitor,
  11. wan miniport l2tp needed,