Windows 10: Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?

Discus and support Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Online searches give me no good information about whatsnewapp.exe, which is at c:\windows\systemapps\. The first search result points to a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kkooz, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Kkooz Win User

Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?

Hello,

Online searches give me no good information about whatsnewapp.exe, which is at c:\windows\systemapps\. The first search result points to a known malware site (spywareremove dot com).

Is this whatsnewapp.exe part of Windows? What function does it perform? I can't remove the app with Powershell.

My firewall noticed that whatsnewapp.exe was connecting to internet. I blocked it for now.

:)

Kkooz, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - whatsnewapp exe windowssystemapps

2. Not able to register a C++ exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to register a C++ exe: We have a C++ executable that is built in the release configuration. As a project requirement before running the same, it first needs to be registered using /RegServer option. And doing so, it fails and throws this application error: 'The application was unable to start...
  3. Not able to register a C++ exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to register a C++ exe: We have a C++ executable that is built in the release configuration. As a project requirement before running the same, it first needs to be registered using /RegServer option. And doing so, it fails and throws this application error: 'The application was unable to start...
  4. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied: I have a Windows 10 workstation that used to have a Fujitsu scanner installed. We have replaced that with a Brother scanner and now I am trying to uninstall the Fujitsu software. I am logged in as the administrator and go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and...
  5. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied: I have a Windows 10 workstation that used to have a Fujitsu scanner installed. We have replaced that with a Brother scanner and now I am trying to uninstall the Fujitsu software. I am logged in as the administrator and go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and...
  6. Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.: Hello, I have encountered the problem that when trying to expand parts of the main drive it does not work. Parts of the main disk, that is, C and D can themselves divide into parts, but at the same time join into one can not. Does not help neither as a disk management itself...
  7. Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.: Hello, I have encountered the problem that when trying to expand parts of the main drive it does not work. Parts of the main disk, that is, C and D can themselves divide into parts, but at the same time join into one can not. Does not help neither as a disk management itself...
  8. Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.

9. C++ Build and .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C++ Build and .exe files: I have been developing a game in C++ for a while now, and I finally decided to make an alpha build and send it to my friend and have him test it. At which point, we ran into the issue of windows defender deleting the file saying its a virus. I know how to circumvent for this...
  10. Runtime Error! Program C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\RunDll32.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Runtime Error! Program C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\RunDll32.exe: Hello. I've been trying to update my Nvidia drivers and I haven't had this problem until now (been using Windows 10 for about a month or two with many past driver updates not giving me any problems) and I keep getting this error. One solution was to do a registry cleaner, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whatsnewapp

2. Windows 10 Whatsnewapp.exe

3. uninstall whatsnewapp.exe

4. whatsnewapp.exe,
  5. win 10 cannot find path c:\windows\systemapps