Windows 10: Is windows 10 map app broken?

Discus and support Is windows 10 map app broken? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've seen the answers for this issue including changing the default location or setting a new one and changing my region in the settings even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlfredM10, Jul 27, 2018.

1. AlfredM10 Win User

Is windows 10 map app broken?

I've seen the answers for this issue including changing the default location or setting a new one and changing my region in the settings even though the info were correct to begin with.

The thing is I can set my current destination as a default location but it seems to be different than clicking the My Location option on the right panel. I live far from any mainlands yet My Location is set to Nepal. (Microsoft Edge recently stalled on a tab requesting for my credentials, I'm pretty sure it was the indian scam people. I just ended task. I'm just wondering if this could be their doing. Weird assumption but I just want to be sure.)

Or if it's a technical difficulty are there any way to fix this other than reinstall windows 10 because that's how I fix all the problem I come across.

:)

AlfredM10, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Is windows 10 map app broken?

Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Is windows 10 map app broken?

1. Is windows 10 map app broken? - Similar Threads - map app broken

2. Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and recently I downgraded from Windows 11. After that, one major issue I am facing is MAPSGoogle Maps or Maps app both not working properly. Location is fine. It is showing correct location but navigation or other features like zoom out/in or...
  3. Making Google Maps the default map app on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making Google Maps the default map app on windows 10: How can I make Google Maps the default map app on windows 10? I have it downloaded and the icon on my desktop. The file location is Under Google as C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exeI have Win 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.964. I s this doable?...
  4. Offline searching on Windows 10 Maps is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Offline searching on Windows 10 Maps is broken: https://youtube.com/watch?v=A2oVcKiu7-A It's been like this since it's release. I have left feedback on the feedback hub years ago concerning this and nothing has changed. I don't see why they would do away with Here Maps when their own inhouse map app doesn't even have...
  5. Microsoft Maps partially broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Maps partially broken: I've faced a strange issue. Looks like at Maps app is caching some parts of the map locally and that cache is broken on my device. When I'm zooming to the region shown on my screenshot it does not show road structure. Is there any way to fix it? I can see the aerial view but...
  6. windows 10 map app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 map app: Unable to see street view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-map-app/f8a35a15-a22a-45cf-877b-ee6a42a5a99b
  7. Problem with Windows 10 Maps App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 Maps App: When I input an address, the app suggests me the details of this address, I click on it and then I receive a message stating impossibility to find the address. It suggests me to check the spelling or edit it...
  8. Maps app

Maps app: I have problems with the maps app, it doesn't work. When it opens it doesn't show me the location, it doesn't show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app/c612800e-2c03-4e91-9269-56ca31402c78
  9. Map App

Map App: I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message: "couldn't Install. We 'll retry shortly". I use Windows 10 Home Edition (fully Upgraded). Is this app obsoleted? 100662
  10. windows 10 map app not working

windows 10 map app not working: This is on a dell venue pro 11 tablet with windows 10 pro. I downloaded an offline map in settings, then map app would not load. When I click on map, it pop up for 3 seconds then gone. I tried run App troubleshooter. It did not find any problem. how to fix this ? 36950