Windows 10: Is Windows 10 missing the application background setting?

Discus and support Is Windows 10 missing the application background setting? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is Windows 10 missing the application background setting? Just a note I am use to windows 7. Control Panel\Appearance and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by groze, Oct 3, 2014.

1. groze Win User

Is Windows 10 missing the application background setting?

Is Windows 10 missing the application background setting? Just a note I am use to windows 7.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization\Color and Appearance

I need duller color-eye issues. I don't want color that is intense.

:)

groze, Oct 3, 2014

2. Background colour of applications, under Windows 10 I haven't been able to find this function

<Original title: Background colour of applications>

In previous versions of windows I was able to select the colour (grey - easier on the eyes) for the background of applications such as excel, word and explorer. This isn't the background picture I am talking about on the desktop, nor changing the theme or
    colours in each program. This was everything; from pop up messages from Windows to the applications aforementioned, all done through one function. This option allowed you to change menu bar colours, text box colours and everything in between.

Under Windows 10 I haven't been able to find this function. In another post I saw someone had outlined that this feature was missing; is this really the case and if so is there a work around?

QWERTY123456_783, Oct 3, 2014
  3. Background colour of applications, under Windows 10 I haven't been able to find this function

Ankit, I think you missed the question, it's not about taskbar, start menu, or
    desktop background. It was about
    applications background. For example, right now I'm using the application Internet Explorer 11. Inside this app, I am typing black letters on a white background. Which, for me, has always been like
    reading tiny text on a lightbulb... that is turned on.

We use to be able to change this to something easier on the eyes like white text on black or dark grey background. In Windows 10, can we don't see where we can change colors of individual screen elements.

Thanks, Mike H

Mike Hilsabeck, Oct 3, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 3, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is Windows 10 missing the application background setting? - Similar Threads - missing application background

2. Change application background color window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change application background color window 10: I read through an earlier thread with the same title, but found no real solution.However, some mentioned themes, but I was unable to find it again when I wanted to try.Using that idea, I created my own theme, edited the theme file in the folder...
  3. Windows 10 Background setting

Windows 10 Background setting: When I go to settings to set up a background there is a text box square there. I can't remove it so when my background is on there is a black box in the picture. For the life of me I don't know why this is happening since it wasn't like that before. I need help with this....
  4. Background Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Applications: This question is NOT related to windows background app control found in settings. I have applications that, in the middle of the day, hours after my computer was turned onthus nothing to do with start-up, randomly start on their own and run in the background. Zoom, dropbox,...
  5. Background applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background applications.: Regards. What background applications should not be disabled? Thanks in advance for your answers. Windows 10 64 bits Home. 172314
  6. missing background settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing background settings: Since yesterday my Classic Jigsaw blocks are twice as large as they were before and I've lost about half of my background setting choices. Anyone know how I can shrink the blocks and get my favorite background settingsback?...
  7. Background applications doesnt appear in windows 10

Background applications doesnt appear in windows 10: Hi, my Windows 10 doesnt appear the background apps https://prnt.sc/tv2nw1 As show here the arrow doesnt appear, and I need to close some apps to dont lag my pc lol Is there any way to get it back?...
  8. Application background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application background: Hi, when I open an application the background has change from white to light blue, if I have a picture or video displayed the colour is distorted.??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-background/ab794e08-11c5-45be-a7b7-7b5d5dd917d1
  9. Background Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Application: Hey Guys In my leotop manny Backgroud application runing more than one time like runtime broker. I attached the screen short of problem i was just asking its safe for system because it tak's system resources [ATTACH]...
  10. Theme settings - missing Desktop Background functionality

Theme settings - missing Desktop Background functionality: I would like to select which pictures from a theme I would like to use for my background. To be more specific, I want to disable a few pictures. This used to be possible in Win 7/Win 8.1 by going to the Theme settings (in win 10: Personalize/Themes/Theme Settings), and...