Windows 10: Is Windows 10 OEM?

Discus and support Is Windows 10 OEM? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is Windows 10 OEM? If I buy the Windows 10 software and my computer ends up at the bottom of the ocean then don't I have to buy another Windows 10 OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Is Windows 10 OEM?

Is Windows 10 OEM? If I buy the Windows 10 software and my computer ends up at the bottom of the ocean then don't I have to buy another Windows 10 OS for my next computer build?

:)

lostsoul65, Nov 3, 2015

2. How To Restore Lost Memory From Disk Optimization?

Thanks for your help & sorry for late reply but problem has been solved Is Windows 10 OEM? :)

Windows 10 is annoying, Nov 3, 2015
  3. How Do I Downgrade from Windows 10?

This did not help me at all, It said It wasn't able to go back to the previous build and recommended that I reset my PC. I chose to do so and "Keep My Files" and it didn't. It downloaded Windows 10 again and I HAVE LOST MOST OF MY FILES that I probably
    won't be able to get...

Windows 10 is annoying, Nov 3, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is Windows 10 OEM?

That would depend on which type of license you purchase and if you abide by the EULA for that license, just like it always has with previous versions of Windows.

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  5. My post was about Windows 10 but all previous versions had 3 ways you could buy. Full, Upgrade, and OEM. I guess Windows 10 like all the other OS's (Now) are OEM. Oh well all good things always come to an end.

lostsoul65, Nov 3, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Huh?

There are retail versions of 10 for sale. Home is $120US, Pro is $200. The OEM (system builder) versions are $100 and $140 at Newegg.

I haven't studied the license restrictions, but I assume that the retail versions are transferrable as before.

I have seen no upgrade versions for sale. Perhaps there will be after the free upgrade offer ends in 2016.

bobkn, Nov 3, 2015
    lostsoul65, Nov 3, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Is Windows 10 OEM?

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  9. bobkn Win User
    Windows 8 became generally available 3 years ago. I doubt that MS wants anyone to buy 7 in any form. I presume that 8 will similarly become less available over the next year or so.

I can't predict Microsoft's licensing scheme for the future. If their philosophy goes as stated, I interpret it that they won't refer to Windows 10 for long. It'll just be Windows.

I've never seen a breakdown of Microsoft's OS business, but I find it hard to believe that they make much money off of DIY types. Maybe they'll pay more attention to us in future, as more people conduct more of their online life on non-PC devices.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is Windows 10 OEM?

1. Is Windows 10 OEM? - Similar Threads - OEM

2. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  3. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  8. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  9. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  10. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...