Windows 10: Is Windows 10 stable enough for main desktop?

Discus and support Is Windows 10 stable enough for main desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Preview has been out for a couple of weeks now and I'm sure its had a few updates since release. Would you guys think its stable enough to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swarfega, Oct 17, 2014.

1. swarfega Win User

Is Windows 10 stable enough for main desktop?

Windows 10 Preview has been out for a couple of weeks now and I'm sure its had a few updates since release. Would you guys think its stable enough to be used on main desktop without too many issues?

What about drivers, are companies beginning to release them?

I am eager to test out Windows 10 for myself.

:)

swarfega, Oct 17, 2014
  2. {PeteH} Win User

Lumia 930 WiFi stops working

Is Windows 10 mobile in a stable enough condition for an average user yet? I had Windows 8.1 developer preview for a couple of months before launch, no real issues that I couldn't resolve.

similar here or not yet stable enough?

{PeteH}, Oct 17, 2014
  3. update to windows 10 on phone

The social messaging apps and all other apps do lag and crash sometimes in the current build of windows 10 mobile (especially if you have a 512mb RAM device)

The insider preview is not stable enough for normal users who are totally dependent on their current device, thus it is recommended that you install the windows 10 mobile preview if you have a backup device.. Is Windows 10 stable enough for main desktop? :)

I would personally recommend you to wait for sometime until the preview OS is stable enough..

Pratyay Banerjee, Oct 17, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

It's stable enough to tinker with but I wouldn't use it as your main OS.

Edwin, Oct 17, 2014
  5. I am unable to see any major differences with 8.1. I flip between the two. If there is a difference it would be no bugs with 8.1.

noelbeth55, Oct 17, 2014
  6. swarfega Win User
    How long will the preview registration last?

swarfega, Oct 17, 2014
  7. rmonroe36 Win User
    How I'm testing:
    1. At home I am dual booting with a clean install of Win10 on a separate drive.
    2. At my computer club I cloned my Win8.1 to another drive and upgraded that with Win10.

Both installations are running my programs in stable fashion. No BSOD's or driver problems.

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 17, 2014
  8. Edwin New Member

Until April 15, 2015, I believe.

Edwin, Oct 17, 2014
  9. swarfega Win User
    Is that likely when 10 will be released?

swarfega, Oct 17, 2014
  10. Edwin New Member
    Allegedly, yes.

Is Windows 10 stable enough for main desktop? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 17, 2014
  11. swarfega Win User
    Thanks guys. I'm going to give it a go as my main desktop. I know enough to either try and fix problems or to re install Windows 8.1.

swarfega, Oct 17, 2014
  12. Mystere Win User
    No, actually, the first Consumer Preview is intended to be released in the spring. Retail release isn't expected until next fall.

Mystere, Oct 17, 2014
  13. swarfega Win User

So it'l be like Windows 7 then. We first tested the preview release, then a beta before final release. So I'm guessing this is what will happen this time.

swarfega, Oct 17, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
    I stand corrected. Thanks.

Edwin, Oct 17, 2014
  15. jadinolf Win User
    I have had absolutely no problems with it so my in humble opinion-- YES!

jadinolf, Oct 17, 2014
Thema:

1. Is Windows 10 stable enough for main desktop? - Similar Threads - stable enough main

2. Is Windows 11 stable enough for daily usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 11 stable enough for daily usage?: I've a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 13ACN5 and I need to do a clean install to get Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision working again.I want to install Windows 11 but I want to know if it's stable enough for daily use.So is Windows 11 stable enough for daily usage?...
  3. Is Windows 11 stable enough for daily usage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 11 stable enough for daily usage?: I've a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 13ACN5 and I need to do a clean install to get Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision working again.I want to install Windows 11 but I want to know if it's stable enough for daily use.So is Windows 11 stable enough for daily usage?...
  4. Stable Builds in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stable Builds in Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently left the Windows Insider Dev Channel formerly the Fast Ring, and am no longer signed up to receive any Windows Insider builds. Will I have to wait until stable build reach up till build 20161 or is there another way to move to a stable build while...
  5. Is windows 10 version 1909 stable enough to allow the update

in Windows 10 Support
    Is windows 10 version 1909 stable enough to allow the update: I have a Dell Latitude E7440 with the i5 processor and 256gb ssd drive with 8gb of ram, it is running windows 10 pro version 1903 just fine and is very fast. my question is, is windows 10 pro version 1909 stable enough to allow the update yet? I really do not want to have to...
  6. Is W10 1903 stable enough to replace 1809?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is W10 1903 stable enough to replace 1809?: Intel support advised me that I may have to (re)install Windows because of a problem between Windows and Intel's latest Intel video drivers for my chipset. I am using now 1809 and it was very stable for me, so I am asking if there are any issues with 1903. With either version...
  7. Windows 10 stable Patch

Windows 10 stable Patch: Hi, We were trying to find out suitable patch and build for windows 10 which has low bugs and issues, right now we have 1809 latest build and it throws lots of audit log errors which we can't solve daily. So we are looking for old build but it should be stable one....
  8. Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop"

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop": Hello, Copying files from external HD to my new PC and: "There is not enough space on Desktop. You need an additional 210 GB to copy these files" I have 2 drives on the machine: SSD (for apps) HD (1.8 Tb for files) .. when I copy files to desktop, they should...
  9. Is version 1703 stable enough for clean installation?

Is version 1703 stable enough for clean installation?: So I done a manual upgrade to the Creators Update a few days ago but appear to have a corrupted user profile/s and possibly even a corrupted upgrade installation. I'm not sure what to do, I could transfer user files to a new user profile but it may be more trouble than...
  10. Main monitor desktop freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Main monitor desktop freeze: Hello! Lately I've encountered this strange bug and I'm not sure where it's from. Sometimes, just after booting, the main screen desktop will fail to become interactable. None of the icons are clickable, it is impossible to open a right-click menu and the taskbar is...