Windows 10: Is windows defender enough ?.

Discus and support Is windows defender enough ?. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everybody. Is windows defender enough for virus and malware ?. If not please suggest freeware. Thanks. 79080 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mailaty, Mar 9, 2017.

1. mailaty Win User

Is windows defender enough ?.

Hi everybody.

Is windows defender enough for virus and malware ?.
    If not please suggest freeware.

Thanks.

:)

mailaty, Mar 9, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 9, 2017
  3. Windows Defender enough?

Hello, so I'm using Windows 10 and Windows Defender for a while now, all my definitions are up-to-date and it found some malware after all this time because I am a game pirate Is windows defender enough ?. :D I have my safe sources of games, but sometimes there is a little miner here
    and there and now I was thinking...it is enough...? For now, Windows Defender found them all and I don't use anyway credit cards on my PC, so my money are safe Is windows defender enough ?. :D But I am still aware of any information stealer out there

caina_vlad, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Jeddie Win User

Jeddie, Mar 10, 2017
  5. The default Windows Defender unless you always visit shady sites, but for normal everyday use, it's all you need. I've relied on Microsoft's own AV since Windows 7 came out, and I admit I do visit some sites that may not be the best, but I've never once had any infections.

Bobby Phoenix, Mar 10, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Answer is mostly depending on your browsing and other computer use habits.

Can only say, what I'm using: (beside being careful about what I click)

Windows defender on one and Bitdefender free on other computer.
    Besides that Malwarebytes Anti Exploit for browsers and Winpatrol to warn me if anything is messing with my startup files and registry. You can also add Spywareblaster to the list.

At least Winpatrol and Spywareblaster are older solution and many would say obsolete...

AndreTen, Mar 10, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    I have used defender without trouble for years. I do surf a lot more though on my mac.

pparks1, Mar 11, 2017
  8. munk1955 Win User

I've used WD since my old XP days(then it was called Microsoft Security Essentials)and have never had any of my many PC's infected with anything.

I also use Comodo as my firewall and use its built in sandboxing capability and use a router.

And once a month I run "Microsofts Safety Scanner & F-Secure scanner" also.

And as many people on here have said before I think alot of being safe depends on a little common sense between the ears!

munk1955, Mar 13, 2017
  9. tonez Win User
    I down load some stuff now an then, WD is not enough, but for average browsing (not into potentially bad sites) it may be enough, I personally if i was not downloading would still run another AV, the choice is yours

tonez, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is windows defender enough ?. - Similar Threads - defender enough

2. is win defender good enough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is win defender good enough: in av test feb 2023 win defender of win 10 has taken 18 our of 18 points , it was the only one who took an award from av ... then why everybody says that it is not good enough ? if that so why it always picks the trophy ? what kind of security flaw is in it ? if it has lower...
  3. is win defender good enough

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is win defender good enough: in av test feb 2023 win defender of win 10 has taken 18 our of 18 points , it was the only one who took an award from av ... then why everybody says that it is not good enough ? if that so why it always picks the trophy ? what kind of security flaw is in it ? if it has lower...
  4. is win defender good enough

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?)

in Windows 10 News
    What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?): Gone are the days when Windows would insist on installing antivirus software. Since Windows 8, you can inbuilt antivirus software known as Windows Defender. However, is this enough? Can this software keep your system and data protected? This article will look at whether you...
  6. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows defender enough: Is windows defender enough for me cuz i game and i some time install cracked softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough/608c1720-42d6-49f1-a355-a6217e373108
  7. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows defender enough: Is windows defender enough for me cuz i game and i some time install cracked softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough/608c1720-42d6-49f1-a355-a6217e373108
  8. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Is Windows Defender Enough?

Is Windows Defender Enough?: I am continuously getting popups from Mcafee, who i don't subscribe to but had a free trial when I bought the laptop. They say allsorts is wrong but Windows Defender says it is fine. Am I ok and how do I stop these pop ups?...
  10. Is Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?

Is Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?: Dear: AllIs Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?Kind Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-good-enough-to-protect-my-pc/7d0a6a2d-9c77-485d-a5c9-015245f99722