Windows 10: is windows defender security center is enough for my windows 10 pc?

Discus and support is windows defender security center is enough for my windows 10 pc? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i am using windows defender security center and malwarebytes is this enough to protect my windows 10 pc ? will windows defender protect as other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by raunakniroula, Jul 8, 2018.

1. is windows defender security center is enough for my windows 10 pc?

i am using windows defender security center and malwarebytes is this enough to protect my windows 10 pc ?

will windows defender protect as other antivirus like avast, avira etc...?

:)

raunakniroula, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jul 8, 2018
  3. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

is windows defender security center is enough for my windows 10 pc?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

is windows defender security center is enough for my windows 10 pc?

1. is windows defender security center is enough for my windows 10 pc? - Similar Threads - defender security center

2. Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC: Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC and says that there was an attempt using my IP to access websites for identity theft, and to contact Microsoft support. I can't find any support number to call. What should I do?...
  3. Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC: Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC and says that there was an attempt using my IP to access websites for identity theft, and to contact Microsoft support. I can't find any support number to call. What should I do?...
  4. Windows Defender Security Center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center: My Windows Defender Security Center is not working. There are no options like virus & threat protection and others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-center/2f1968ec-0098-4aae-b4c5-ef25f94f5cc6"
  5. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Hi, Every time I connect to VPN(Client Network) from My personal laptop I get windows defender security center popup- Its shows all as green but yet it continuously pop up. I can not type a mail or do anything else. It happens only when VPN connection is done. I tried to...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I have a problem with access to Windows Defender settings. I am not able to turn application and file checking on. It says that in order to change the setting I have to be an administrator but I am already an administrator. I am sorry for this being written in Croatian. I...
  7. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I keep getting notification that threats has been found, "Windows anti virus protection found threats. Get details. When I click on the message or manual open the defender center I get the message there are no current threats and the center is locked up. I have rebooted...
  8. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Under Virus & Threat protection I click on learn more and it then goes to sign in. When I try to sign it tell me This doesn't look like a work or school email. You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead This is a personal...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When I boot my system (Windows 10 Home Ed.) "Windows Defender Security Center" always pops up windowed (not minimised). is this normal (I can't remember that it was always like this) and can I do something about it so that it starts minimised ? 112234
  10. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When booting my Window 10 (Home Edition) the "Windows Defender Security Center" program starts no longer minimized as it used to be. I don't know what caused this or what can I do about this. I know this isn't a big deal but it some could help me remedy this I would be most...