Windows 10: Is Windows10's End-Game a fruitless hope?

Discus and support Is Windows10's End-Game a fruitless hope? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A hypothetical future Win10 for Mobile Windows Phone, or the fabled ''Surface Phone'', is said to use ARM instead of x86, even though intel just killed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, May 8, 2016.

1. ksdixon Win User

Is Windows10's End-Game a fruitless hope?

A hypothetical future Win10 for Mobile Windows Phone, or the fabled ''Surface Phone'', is said to use ARM instead of x86, even though intel just killed off the ARM atom core. Being ARM over x86 seems to undercut the whole idea behind Continum, doesn't it?

And I know there's the project islandwood to port ios apps into windows apps (unsure if these are UWP, Win10 Mobile or x86 apps or what), but now Google are talking of porting android apps into their Chrome OS too. I think there's plans to have phonecall answering on Win10 laptops through Skype, but Skype seems to always be in a big mess and keeps killing-off it's different apps and reverting backwards. It's like I don't see how MS are supposed to come out on top at all, because any direction they're going in seems to be hindered by misteps or general disorganisation.

:)

ksdixon, May 8, 2016
  2. asishbm98 Win User

High End Game on a Low end PC

what happens when playing high end games on low end pc

asishbm98, May 8, 2016
  3. High End Game on a Low end PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Playing High End games completely depends on the requirements. If the Computer meets the minimum game requirements also, you will be able to play them. Also, in most of the games, you can set the Display settings to low values if the Graphics card memory
    doesn't meet the requirements, however, you would not be able to cherish the gameplay graphics and animations. Also, for low RAM memory, you can use ready boost feature.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, May 8, 2016
  4. pete1208 Win User

Software and companies with 1000's of moving parts often appear disorganized. Just look in your windows 10 event logs to see.

pete1208, May 9, 2016
  5. When you are in Microsoft's position, it is impossible to make everyone happy and have everyone agree with your decisions. Simply isn't possible. No matter what they do, some people will disagree. I had someone on here tell me last week that Windows 10 wasn't free.

I strongly believe that if a company doesn't have some missteps here and there, or failed products), they aren't trying to innovate.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is Windows10's End-Game a fruitless hope? - Similar Threads - Windows10's End Game

2. Windows10 update after end of support.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 update after end of support.: Dear SupportI have two questions about windows10 upgrade,first : if upgrade windows 10 to windows 11 after Oct'25, can update or not?second : if installation windows11, can use license windows10 or not?Thank you for your response.Best regards,MR. Rattasat mungang...
  3. Windows10 update after end of support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 update after end of support.: Dear SupportI have two questions about windows10 upgrade,first : if upgrade windows 10 to windows 11 after Oct'25, can update or not?second : if installation windows11, can use license windows10 or not?Thank you for your response.Best regards,MR. Rattasat mungang...
  4. Windows10 update after end of support.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft For Windows10 something happend on our end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft For Windows10 something happend on our end: Something happens on our end when I install minecraft for windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%BE%AE%E8%BD%AF%E5%95%86%E5%BA%97%E5%AE%89/50644ec4-883d-498e-aee1-7e5eae8db48e
  6. Minecraft For Windows10 something happend on our end

Minecraft For Windows10 something happend on our end: Something happens on our end when I install minecraft for windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%BE%AE%E8%BD%AF%E5%95%86%E5%BA%97%E5%AE%89/50644ec4-883d-498e-aee1-7e5eae8db48e
  7. Windows10-S

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10-S: Just got anew computer with Window10-S installed. I want to purchase a software but it requires windows 10 home or Pro. How do i get this ? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-s/18335fc5-5f49-4dfb-9bb3-aaab45769c6d
  8. Windows10 pro s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows10 pro s mode: My new hp laptop came with windows 10 s mode. i bought it so i could attend zoom meetings for work. i found out that i cannot load or run zoom from s mode. i purchased windows 10 pro s mode because microsoft indicated that i could download apps from sources other than app...
  9. I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I have a question, that may be impossible. But, would sure be nice. I accidentally copied files, over the same files. So now, every file has a copy, listed right next to it. Is their anyway, using a command or whatever? To delete, every...
  10. windows10 - s mode to windows10 home

windows10 - s mode to windows10 home: anyone have any idea when app switch out of windows10 - s mode be worrking again its been over a week so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-s-mode-to-windows10-home/a10e5c10-1153-4cba-98a6-7557babf08b7