Windows 10: is your task scheduler service gray out by default?

Discus and support is your task scheduler service gray out by default? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i post here because i guess it's the right place , seeing Performance & Maintenance it more about tweaking and restore service and so on may i ask... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drugo, Jul 19, 2018.

1. drugo Win User

is your task scheduler service gray out by default?

Hi
    i post here because i guess it's the right place , seeing Performance & Maintenance it more about tweaking and restore service and so on

may i ask you a question ?
    is you task scheduler service gray out by default?
    like this ?

is your task scheduler service gray out by default? [​IMG]

thanks a lot
    sorry for my poor english

:)

drugo, Jul 19, 2018

2. Task Scheduler Service Could NOT RESTART - all button GRAYED - NOT ALLOWED to Start Service

I disabled Task Scheduler Service but later could not ENABLE this SERVICE - all button grayed - now can not run DiskDfrangment

It was disabled thru below process

pressing windows + X

then pressing computer management

then pressing Services and Applications

then pressing Services

then double clicking Task Scheduler to get properties

then was disabled

NOTE: Thousands of people facing this problem but proper step by step solution was not available in the net. So, it would be highly appreciated, if someone could provide step by step solution for ENABLING TASK SCHEDULER SERVICE, which is GRAYED, which
    is not ALLOWED to ENABLE on Services and Applications, the solution could be thru Registry or thru other method!!!

Radhika Shrestha - Waling10, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler service will not start.

ok, first, Restart is grayed out when i try to right click, only start is available. every time i select that i get the same "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
    services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs" message.

already tried SFC before asking, did not work. tried DISM, and that solved nothing.

grimdragon2001, Jul 19, 2018
  4. is your task scheduler service gray out by default?

Task Scheduler Service Could NOT RESTART - all button GRAYED - NOT ALLOWED to Start Service

Hi,

It has to be changed in the registry. Here is a REG file to do it. Task Scheduler Service Grayed Out in Services MMC

To do this manually, open Regedit.exe and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Schedule

Double-click the DWORD value named "Start" and set it to 2

Close Regedit.exe and restart Windows.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

is your task scheduler service gray out by default?

1. is your task scheduler service gray out by default? - Similar Threads - task scheduler service

2. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  3. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  4. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  5. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  6. Windows Installer service grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Installer service grayed out: Any have idea about Windows installer service gradyed out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-service-grayed-out/f1b6f3ad-ab7b-48b2-a572-13a4cbc6c191
  7. Location Services Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location Services Grayed Out: How do I turn on Location Services on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried many fixed from the Community but nothing has worked. Is there a real fix for this problem. Thank you. Richard...
  8. Service Host: Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Task Scheduler: Hello, I have a problem described on below Image with Service host: Tash Scheduler. I tried to End Task, and stop the service from services but did not work out, Now the windows is hanging must of the time. Could you please help me resolve this issue permanently....
  9. wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied: Hello everyone, I used to stop windows updates when I use limited Internet by stopping the windows update service (wuauserv) but it seems like I can't do that anymore, so if its possible I'll need to help please. Here are attached images to give u clearer...
  10. Task Scheduler-service not running?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler-service not running?: I have a problem with task scheduler-service. I wanted to update my Nvidia driver when i got a message that i could not update it because task scheduler wasnt running tried so many things but nothing is working and i really want to know why. can someone please help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler service grayed out in services mmc