Windows 10: Is your upgrade to W10 still stable on your Dell Inspiron 580?

Discus and support Is your upgrade to W10 still stable on your Dell Inspiron 580? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is your upgrade to W10 still stable on your Dell Inspiron 580? the reason i asked is that i upgraded my I580 to W10, and 32 days after the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mediarays, Feb 26, 2016.

1. mediarays Win User

Is your upgrade to W10 still stable on your Dell Inspiron 580?

the reason i asked is that i upgraded my I580 to W10, and 32 days after the upgrade (2 days after i could reverse the upgrade) W10 pushed updates which gave me an unfixable BSOD. this eventually caused me to have to do a clean re-install of W7.

this happened to me back at the end of august/beginning of september, and i am contemplating trying the upgrade again.

i noticed in a post by antilope (on Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums ) that they had updated their bios to v. A07 prior to their upgrade. unfortunately i had NOT updated to A07 when i had my problems. but, after reading that post, i DID update to A07.

if YOUR I580 is still stable with W10 under A07, and you have allowed all updates to be pushed through, then i am willing to try again.

i don't have enough posts to PM antilope, so am starting this thread in hopes that SOMEONE has W10 running on an I580

please let me know - i could really use your help!

thanks............

:)

mediarays, Feb 26, 2016

2. W10 upgrade sound

Since the W10 upgrade in Dec 2017 my Dell Inspiron 620 has lost sound

JohnNessYB, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Drivers not working in Windows 10

Dell drivers for older Inspiron laptops are not compatible with New Windows 10 Upgraded version. Bluetooth and Wifi Drivers are creating problem. And Bluetooth Icon does not appear in Action Centre in W10. Will W10 team resolve this issue or is this a problem
    of Dell Team? Whatsoever, when will this be rectified?

Original title: Windows 10 Upgrade

Praveen Vasanth Raj, Feb 26, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Just image backup current install using Macrium Reflect Free or similar. Then clean install latest version of Windows 10 and try it.

Most instability issues arise from upgrades and clean installs usually sort problem.

cereberus, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Is your upgrade to W10 still stable on your Dell Inspiron 580? - Similar Threads - upgrade W10 still

2. Boot Sequence Settings on W10 Dell Inspiron 3583

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Sequence Settings on W10 Dell Inspiron 3583: After manually changing my boot sequence options, I restored the sequence by pressing Factory Settings>Factory Defaults However this caused the BS to have one fewer option I think it was labeled boot manager. Now booting Windows takes me to the ‘Choose and Option’ screen....
  3. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 - "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 15 5000 - "Undoing changes made to your computer": Last night, my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop asked me to "Update and restart". I clicked on that option and left it to run overnight. Unfortunately, this morning, when I turned it on, it got stuck on the "Undoing changes made to your computer". It remained stuck for an...
  4. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  5. Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion.: Hi, I have recently upgraded the default 500GB HDD on my Dell Precision 5510 to Samsung SSD 970 EVO installed a clean Windows 10 Pro, installed and updated all the drivers and Windows updates. I want to share with you the performance of the SSD and your opinion will be highly...
  6. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  7. Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 in Dell Inspiron 6400 - unable upgrade to W10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 in Dell Inspiron 6400 - unable upgrade to W10: I have Windows 7 Professional running perfectly in a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a Samsung SSD. I was accepted by Microsoft for a free upgrade to Windows 10 but I now have a message from Microsoft telling me that I will be unable to upgrade due the OEM Nvidia GeForce Go 7300...
  8. Dell Inspiron 570 and Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Inspiron 570 and Windows 10 Upgrade: Has anyone any experience of upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 570? I've visited the Dell site and it is not on the list of Dell computers that have been tested; in fact it specifically says that it will not be tested. The only advice given is a...
  9. Dell Inspiron 7537 Laptop & Creator's Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 7537 Laptop & Creator's Upgrade: My Dell Inspiron 15 7537 laptop hasn't been offered the update to the Creator's Update via Windows Update yet and it doesn't appear on Dell's upgrade list. Has anyone updated their Inspiron 7537 to the Creator's Update via the Media Creation Tool or ISO file and did you have...
  10. It’s time to upgrade your world, and your apps

in Windows 10 News
    It’s time to upgrade your world, and your apps: Today marks a huge milestone for Windows developers – Windows 10 and the related developer tools are now both available for download and for use in a production environment. Today, you can officially start building for Windows 10 in three steps: If you’re not already on...