Windows 10: *.iso opening default

Discus and support *.iso opening default in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Followed Shawn's tutorial for modifying *.iso default using Option 2 to change "To Restore Specific File Type or Protocol Association to Default" which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nancy3243, Feb 15, 2016.

1. nancy3243 Win User

*.iso opening default

Followed Shawn's tutorial for modifying *.iso default using Option 2 to change "To Restore Specific File Type or Protocol Association to Default" which originally set to Cyberlink. After following the instructions I have no iso listed under Default.
    Anyone have a suggestion? Would like to contact Shawn but I don't know how to contact him. Thanks for your suggestions.

:)

nancy3243, Feb 15, 2016

2. Opening mail attachments default

Hi,

We would suggest you to refer to this
    by Ron and see if it corrects the problem.

You can also refer to this
    article
    for more helpful information.

Thank you.

Armand Cos, Feb 15, 2016
  3. mountseer Win User
    Opening mail attachments default

How do I stop Live Mail running on Windows 10 from opening docx attachments in Notepad, resulting in rubbish? I don't want to keep saving files then opening them in a WP program.

mountseer, Feb 15, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

*.iso opening default

Have alerted @Brink. Not sure what has happened. Did the Merge operation work for the ISO .reg file that you downloaded?

philc43, Feb 15, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Nancy, *Smile

ISO shouldn't be listed in file types by default. This is why it was removed after merging the .reg file to restore the default association and settings for it.

Are you able to open an ISO to have it mounted in File Explorer now like in OPTION ONE below?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 15, 2016
  6. nancy3243 Win User
    Hi Brink, so hard to understand. When opening with Windows Explorer I have the option MOUNT but exactly what am I mounting? What are the files which downloaded with the iso dated 10/30/15? (DVD Drive (E*Smile_J_CCA_X64FRE_EN_US__DVS)
    Am I asking for more trouble than I have already caused? Maybe when Windows 10 forcibly sends another upgrade the problems will go away? OR must I purchase a new External Drive to hold 400 GB to copy the Drive E to it?

nancy3243, Feb 15, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Nancy,

It sounds like everything is ok and you have ISO files set back to default again.

When you mount and ISO (image file), it basically just lets you use the ISO like a DVD to access the files in the ISO. When finished, you could just "eject" the mounted ISO to remove it from showing in "This PC" as a DVD drive.

Brink, Feb 15, 2016
  8. nancy3243 Win User

*.iso opening default

Does this mean my files and/or programs will be brought back to 10/30/15? Any changes I have made will be lost?

nancy3243, Feb 16, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It depends. What were you wanting to do with the ISO file?

Brink, Feb 16, 2016
  10. nancy3243 Win User
    Originally, if I can remember, the "All Apps" Modern UI needs to be restored because I deleted them unknowing they were important.

nancy3243, Feb 16, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 16, 2016
  12. nancy3243 Win User
    HiShawn Brink,

Iam weary trying to make the changes on my Windows 10 Version 1511.

Ihave read, and reread the articles you referred to in your recent reply i.e.How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade.

Ihave the *.iso but it is not the same edition and build as my currentlyinstalled Windows 10 1511. I have alsoread that this last Critical Update to 1511 is being pulled out of circulation. So I apologize to you for seeking yourhelp. Someday maybe the almighty WindowGods will see fit to allow the not-so-bright users be able to undo errors theyhave made.

Donot forget me when they do.

Nancy

nancy3243, Feb 16, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

*.iso opening default

I won't. Let me know when you're ready or able to. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

*.iso opening default

1. *.iso opening default - Similar Threads - iso opening default

2. how to open ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open ISO file: I have downloaded a file in Window 11 now open THAT ISO folder can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-iso-file/9b33e143-eb98-4d2c-966a-f7ab4975b08b
  3. how to open ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open ISO file: I have downloaded a file in Window 11 now open THAT ISO folder can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-iso-file/9b33e143-eb98-4d2c-966a-f7ab4975b08b
  4. Windows 10 default program for ISO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 default program for ISO: Did Microsoft change the default program for burning an ISO in the relatively recent past? Today it was inviting me to install some third-party software to do this. I had to tell it to default to Windows Explorer instead before it would give me the usual option to burn to...
  5. Windows 10 default program for ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default program for ISO: Did Microsoft change the default program for burning an ISO in the relatively recent past? Today it was inviting me to install some third-party software to do this. I had to tell it to default to Windows Explorer instead before it would give me the usual option to burn to...
  6. Windows 10 default program for ISO

7. Cannot open Iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Iso file: I downloaded an ISO file and now I am trying to access it.When I click on it the Windows explorer tab freezes. When I click around I get the sound prompt like I am supposed to click somewhere but I dont see any window pop up asking for anything.I tried mounting it but the...
  8. Cannot open Iso file

Cannot open Iso file: I downloaded an ISO file and now I am trying to access it.When I click on it the Windows explorer tab freezes. When I click around I get the sound prompt like I am supposed to click somewhere but I dont see any window pop up asking for anything.I tried mounting it but the...
  9. ISO? Open with ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO? Open with ???: I'm trying to download the latest Windows 10 ISO on an Ubuntu-cursed computer (long story) and I have the option to save to file or open with disk image viewer or burner or something. I've just wasted thirty minutes on a failed download that gave me a box telling me...
  10. Default file openers??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default file openers??: Whenever I try to download something from sim file share it tries to open it in paint, but paint can't open the file so I can't download it. Does anyone know how I can change the default file opener to internet explorer or something that can actually open it?...