Windows 10: Isolating contacts from other addresses in mail app

Discus and support Isolating contacts from other addresses in mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I didn't quite know what terms to search for. Is anybody able to tell me how I can stop one email account using another email accounts contacts? Is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by antspants, Apr 19, 2017.

1. antspants Win User

Isolating contacts from other addresses in mail app

I didn't quite know what terms to search for.

Is anybody able to tell me how I can stop one email account using another email accounts contacts? Is it possible not to share contacts between the email accounts in the Windows 10 mail app? When using email address 1 and I start to type in a "Send To" it completes the address from email address 2/3/4/5's contact list.

I have 5 email accounts and I want them to all have separate contacts without access to another accounts contacts.

lmao, I've said the same thing 3 different ways. Goes to show I have no idea?

Thanks

(OH NO, I just noticed my swag of props and reps and potato chips weren't dragged along with me from Eight Forums, Sad face)

:)

antspants, Apr 19, 2017
  2. buddy267 Win User

Windows 10 Mail app displays the wrong name for some email addresses I am sending to.

I am having problems with the Windows 10 mail app. When I try to type some of my contacts names into the To: box the app comes up with the wrong email address. For other people when I type in their email address in the To: box the app comes up with the wrong
    name. When I open the corresponding contact in the windows people app to try to fix the error everything appears correct for the problematic contacts in the windows people app. An example would be that if I typed say John doe in the To: box the app would give
    me the email address for John Smith, or the other way around if I typed John Smith's email address say it was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** into the To: box the app would display John doe as the name associated with the address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

There is no problem with my mail providers contacts on my android phone or when I use my providers web mail portal. This problem is isolated to the windows mail app.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

buddy267, Apr 19, 2017
  3. Removing email sugesstion for sending photos

if the mail add is under a contact number on phone it will have to removed or this email address removed from contact the other way is to remove the mail app and reinstall it and type it in correctly 1st time

techbuzzireland, Apr 19, 2017
  4. antspants Win User

I may of just answered my own question.

Going into "people" then "settings" you can "filter contact lists" but unchecking lists removes them entirely, even from the account that owns them. You can't seem to just associate one people list to one account.
    I know it's a strange perky request/need but I have my reasons *Smile

antspants, Apr 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Isolating contacts from other addresses in mail app - Similar Threads - Isolating contacts addresses

2. Mail app contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app contacts: Ok here goes. windows 10. I add a contact. When sending an e-mail to that person it comes back undeliverable. Then I realize I spelled it incorrectly. I go to that contact, click edit & correct & save the info. Now, when I forward an e-mail I click in the To: window, start...
  3. Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app

Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app: How do I add a contact from an email in Windows10 Mail app? I left clicked on the sender in the received email, but how do I save the sender's email address as a contact? For example in this email sent from Yahoo:- [ATTACH] I can send an email to the contact but there...
  4. Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email: While trying to share a file I noticed there is a BOT contact in my computer - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This is obviously NOT MINE and has somehow been dropped into my machine. So I want to delete this contact and I have found other garbage contacts...
  5. Windows Mail App contacts

Windows Mail App contacts: Dear Team, I am using windows mail app and when i given any reply to new contact it is automatically saving in contacts list. Means if i try to compose mail to the same contact it is showing that contact in list but in Peoples app that contact is not there. Please help me...
  6. Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists

Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists: I am using windows 10 mail but am finding that some email addresses which are no longer correct are populated in the TO: line of a new email even though it no longer exists in my contacts address book. How do I delete these or manage the remembered address lists? I used to...
  7. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  8. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird: How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694
  9. How to remove contacts from Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove contacts from Mail app?: I've synced my contacts with mail, but is only shows a small section of them in contacts. How do I remove unwanted contacts from Mail app? 4390
  10. Lost all contact e-mail addresses

in Browsers and Email
    Lost all contact e-mail addresses: I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. Went to send an e-mail just now and all of my contacts e-mail addresses are gone. 95042