Windows 10: Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I updated one of my PCs last week and afterward I got strange behavior from one of my applications. The PC-Doctor application on my LANBOX PC was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlphaStealthSYS, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update

I updated one of my PCs last week and afterward I got strange behavior from one of my applications. The PC-Doctor application on my LANBOX PC was reporting an issue for Security. Under that tab was a warning that "Your Spyware Scanner is Disabled". I looked down the list of functions and normally there are two separate entries for Spyware Protection, one for Norton Security and one for Windows Defender. The Norton Security one would show Enabled and the Windows Defender would show disabled. Unfortunately, after the Windows update the Norton Security entry is gone. Norton Security still shows as enabled for Virus Protection and for Firewall. Subsequent to that I had two other computers do the Windows update and they are now displaying the same warning with the Norton Security Spyware Protection entry missing (in both cases that is a change from before the update as with my LANBOX PC). PC-Doctor Tech Support says that if there is an issue it is not them. Last year after an update, I ran the Tweaking.com Windows Tool and I starting having major issues. I contacted the Tweaking.com Tech Support and eventually they found that Microsoft had change the manner in which they were handling some aspect in the OS and that conflicted with how Tweaking Windows Tool was fixing things and that conflict broke not just my PC but others too. So, my question for anybody who has PC-Doctor on their updated Windows 10 Pro PC, are you getting a warning that "Your Spyware Scanner is Disabled"? Does anybody have any idea why I am getting that warning?

Thanks

:)

AlphaStealthSYS, Aug 26, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Melvis Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Wow I just updated my Windows 10 to this latest version of 10 (it did it itself) and its so much slower! and again open GL is broken....This OS just gets better and better....

Melvis, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

I know you posted back in August and likely have it already, but this page is useful for those still looking to upgrade to 1607, you can choose to use the new ISO or use this page and download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Ya some folks have issues and corruption/failed update issues here. I personally haven't had any issues with 1607 on any of my personal rigs or family rigs, but have seen plenty of customer/client PC's. But depending on what your issues really are beyond vague slowness and OpenGL broken I'd start with running an administrative command line and run SFC /Scannnow and see if that resolves any OS corruptions.

Might not hurt to check and verify if the Windows Update cache is corrupted...I've been seeing this issue more on 7 than 10, but I've seen it on both.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058
    How To Purge the Windows Update Cache

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction to resolving issues.

I'd also recommend checking Event Log system logs to see if there's something causing major issues, also if your hard drive is busy, get into Resource Monitor and find out what's taking up those resources. Might not hurt to run a malware scan just in case something was on there and is kicked now and just happened to coincide with the Windows Updates you ran.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update

1. Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Issue Latest Update

2. Issues after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after latest windows update: Hi all,Today I've updated my laptop to the most recent version. However, after the update was downloaded and installed, it restarted and ever since it's just a black screen, essentially rendering the device useless. Any ideas on how to fix this? It does have a graphics card...
  3. Issues after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after latest windows update: Hi all,Today I've updated my laptop to the most recent version. However, after the update was downloaded and installed, it restarted and ever since it's just a black screen, essentially rendering the device useless. Any ideas on how to fix this? It does have a graphics card...
  4. Latest windows 10 update issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows 10 update issues.: Hi All. So, I just had a substantial Windows update on 11/9/2020. My mail no longer works live 2011, no sound, many apps crashing etc. I tried to do a system restore and somehow there are no restore points. Looked for a way to uninstall the update however there is no option...
  5. multiple issues with windows 10 after the latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple issues with windows 10 after the latest update: ever sins updating Windows about 1 or 2 weeks ago I keep running into multiple issues. cpu is constantly on 100 percent after launch. the following commands do solve the issue but I don't want to constantly have to run them. >PowerCfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT...
  6. Issues after latest Windows Update

Issues after latest Windows Update: So Windows updated last night upon shut down, and when I tried to turn it on this morning it's messed up. I can log in just fine, and then my desktop shows for a second before going to a black screen where you can still see the mouse moving around. I tried hitting ctrl alt...
  7. Windows 10 latest update issues

Windows 10 latest update issues: Since updating my Windows 10 to 1809 I have found that the shortcut icons on the desktop keep changing/losing their arrows. Sometimes they are normal, sometimes they are green circular arrows and sometimes they disappear completely. A refresh of the desktop is required to...
  8. Issues in latest window 10 update.

Issues in latest window 10 update.: Hi, Ever since I updated windows on the machine, I am facing many problems related to the operating system. These problems are all related after I put my machine on sleep. When I turn it on, All the windows (notepad, browser etc) are gone. Speakers and internet connection...
  9. Latest Windows 10 Update Issue

Latest Windows 10 Update Issue: Has anyone had issues with their devices after updating to KB4487044? I installed the update yesterday and once I booted back up, the computer was very unresponsive. Taskbar, start menu, desktop icons, and task manager are all unresponsive. Startup applications also fail...
  10. Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue: Hello, Not sure why no one has tried to help me??? I have a HTPC that I build myself, it was running Windows 8 and Upgraded to Window 10. Everything was working good and fine until the last Automatic Windows 10 updates that were installed. The Windows 10 does not full...