Windows 10: Issue Connecting Internal HD in Enclosure via USB

Discus and support Issue Connecting Internal HD in Enclosure via USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Purex hard drive enclosure ( https://www.amazon.com/PUREX-Technol.../dp/B00AI41RCS) with a 3tb Western Digial internal hard drive that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarryAllen, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Issue Connecting Internal HD in Enclosure via USB

I am using a Purex hard drive enclosure ( https://www.amazon.com/PUREX-Technol.../dp/B00AI41RCS) with a 3tb Western Digial internal hard drive that I just bought in it and trying to use it to create a system image. It is connected via usb to my pc. The drive inside is spinning and blue light is on on the hard drive enclosure. However, the hard drive is not showing up as another drive in my Devices and Drives. I am on a Windows 10 machine with the latest updates and have usb 3.0. However, in Safely Remove, Eject External Disk 3.0 shows up and I can safely remove it. There are no weird sounds coming from the hard drive in the enclosure. I have connected other internal hds through this enclosure on my Windows 10 machine before but now it is not showing up as drive as it usually just. No extra drives appear. Attached are pics. Thanks.
    Issue Connecting Internal HD in Enclosure via USB [​IMG]

:)

BarryAllen, Jan 27, 2018
  2. Time Lady Win User

I have a hard drive from a scrapped computer that I want to use as a spare drive outside the new computer. How do I initialize it

Hello Gordon, I’m Virginia a volunteer on this site.

You’ll require a USB enclosure for the hard drive, place said HD in the enclosure & connect to PC via the USB cable, then you can either reformat the hard drive or for a deeper clean use diskpart command.

There’s enclosures for laptop (2.5”) & desktop (3.5”) hard drives.

Time Lady, Jan 27, 2018
  3. JacobJW Win User
    Bitlocker To Go with XTS-AES 128 destroyed my 8TB Hard Drive (Windows 10 1511/10586/November Update)

My 8TB that works was a bare drive that I installed in an external enclosure to use via USB.

The 5TB that doesn't work came pre-installed in the usual black plastic Seagate enclosure as a Backup Plus USB drive.

I'm wondering if the issue isn't the drive itself but whatever hardware Seagate uses in their enclosures to convert the SATA drives to USB.

JacobJW, Jan 27, 2018
  4. Issue Connecting Internal HD in Enclosure via USB

An update: I always access hard drives in enclosure in the built in Administrator profile. I changed USB power options USB Selective Suspend setting to Disabled and restarted but it still didn't fix the issue.

BarryAllen, Jan 27, 2018
  5. Does the disk show up in Disk Management?

PolarNettles, Jan 27, 2018
  6. No it didn't I checked.

BarryAllen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Issue Connecting Internal HD in Enclosure via USB

1. Issue Connecting Internal HD in Enclosure via USB - Similar Threads - Issue Connecting Internal

2. Sabrent USB 3.0 HD enclosure won't initialize. "Unknown. Not Installed." It also said...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sabrent USB 3.0 HD enclosure won't initialize. "Unknown. Not Installed." It also said...: I recently reformatted my computer & the HD would not work afterwards.It also works flawlessly when I just unplug it and plug it into another PC.I have read a few other posts and they seem to end before it gets resolved. I've gone to Asus and downloaded/installed all of the...
  3. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  4. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  5. Internal SSD HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal SSD HD: I have an Asus which appears to have internally shorted out. The SSD HD has a ribbon cable attached. From what Ive been reading, I may be able to use this drive externally in a little case with a usb (sata-usb) device. Is this possible? The windows 10 operating system also...
  6. Cloning win 10 to an internal ssd via external usb rack connection

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning win 10 to an internal ssd via external usb rack connection: Hi! My friend got a very old computer and tomorrow i have to set up a new computer for her, and i will have to migrate the win 10 from the old IDE HD to the new SSD. I cannot connect the old HD to the new computer and vice versa (no connectors on motherboards). Is there any...
  7. USB Enclosure Disconnecting Alot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Enclosure Disconnecting Alot: Hello All Toshiba 2TB, USB enclosure, connected to front available 2.0 port, worked fine for a long while, and then this evening started disconnecting, and wondering why that is happening? Antivirus in use currently Avast Free 19.1.2360 USB devices connected 1 USB 3.0...
  8. Accessing old unbootable HD in USB enclosure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accessing old unbootable HD in USB enclosure: My old HD from Sony Vaio WIN 10 Pro 64bit stopped booting cuz I dropped it can't fix. So I put in enclosure but I won't let me view or move my personal files. I went to Disk Mgmt took picture[ATTACH]...
  9. How to connect an internal Fax-Modem to a PC via USB?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect an internal Fax-Modem to a PC via USB?: My new pc doesn't have a PCI slot to accommodate my old Fax-Modem. I certainly don't use the modem, but it can be handy to Fax sometimes. I thought there might be a way to connect it to my new pc via USB? Or any other way for that matter. Any info on this will be...
  10. More storage - NAS or enclosure via USB

in Windows 10 Support
    More storage - NAS or enclosure via USB: Hi there I'm needing more HDD storage. Can't decide whether dedicated NAS storage -- expensive -- even 2 bay (empty no HDD supplied) costs around 150 - 200 USD or use a much cheaper external storage box with SATA/ USB3 connectors. I have 2 X spare USB3 connectors on...