Windows 10: Issue when installing Windows 10 home on a new Asus Laptop

Discus and support Issue when installing Windows 10 home on a new Asus Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm going to install windows 10 home on a brand new Asusu laptop which has a 1TB Hard drive. Actually first time installation was fine but i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CodeCanyon, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Issue when installing Windows 10 home on a new Asus Laptop

Hello,

I'm going to install windows 10 home on a brand new Asusu laptop which has a 1TB Hard drive. Actually first time installation was fine but i think something went wrong when partitioning the Hard drive. It was come with DOS so i executed diskpart command and format from MBR to GPT and made 3 paritions. There were 2 primary partions as i remember once i did that. So i installed one of them on my Windows 10. Installation was successful*Smile But i couldn't see all the partitions which i made. I could see only the partition which i installed Windows 10 which is a 200GB partition. So rest of the 800GB was lost from 1 TB. Appreciate your help on this*chuckle

PS: I'm new to here.

:)

CodeCanyon, Aug 10, 2017

2. Move "Windows upgrade license" to new laptop

3 Years ago I bought new laptop (ASUS), originally come with Windows 7 Home edition, which then I had upgraded to Win 7 Pro via Microsoft Store, then upgrade to Win 10 Pro. Now I want to sell this laptop (Asus), and reset the OS back to Windows 7 Home.

If I buy new laptop (Lenovo) which originally come with Windows 10 Home, can I upgrade it to Win 10 Pro using "upgrade license" which I used at previous laptop (Asus) ?

Thanks,

Adi Prakosa, Aug 10, 2017
  3. Figure out Windows 10 version from product key

The laptop is a new Asus transformer T100HA which had windows 10 home installed.

I typically reinstall windows on a new laptop to get rid of the bloatware and malware that OEMs ship with their laptops.

Since it had the home edition already installed I assume that one of the home editions available for download from Microsoft would work, but neither Win 10 Home single language, or Home N have activated successfully. Does anyone know where I can get a regular
    home edition download?

Richard_Cruise, Aug 10, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Issue when installing Windows 10 home on a new Asus Laptop

Follow this excellent tutorial to do a clean install Clean Install Windows 10. Choose the UEFI partition option and delete all partitions on the drive when you get to step 13A.

Steve C, Aug 10, 2017
  5. Thank you very much *Smile I need to get clarify another thing. It will cause any damage to my Hard drive since i deleted a partition? Because now i can't see that partition listed in the list of available partitions.

CodeCanyon, Aug 10, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    Deleting partitions won't damage the disk. The Windows installer will create and format the partitions needed in a clean installation.

Steve C, Aug 10, 2017
  7. Nice to hear that and thanks!!

CodeCanyon, Aug 10, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Why did you want the extra partition? For data storage like photos, music and documents? Did you get everything set up the way you want?

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2017
  9. Yes to store other files. I think it is better than storing all the files in C drive.

CodeCanyon, Aug 10, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    If you put your user files on another partition then it's easier just to back up the OS on drive C: using a good imaging program like Macrium Reflect Free. Otherwise, you would have to backup both your data and the OS if both reside on the same partition.

Steve C, Aug 10, 2017
  11. I could able to install windows 10 without any issues *Biggrin Thanks everyone!! There is an another small issue. I could not able to make partitions while the installation. Actually i prevented from creating since i faced to an issue before. So that's fine. Now i can make partitions is it? I mean by using Disk management utility?

CodeCanyon, Aug 10, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Built-in disk management is pretty limited. I would recommend MiniTool Partition Wizard:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard | Best partition magic alternative for Windows PC and Server

If you can post a screenshot of disk management, it will help us to help you:
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2017
  13. Issue when installing Windows 10 home on a new Asus Laptop

CodeCanyon, Aug 11, 2017
  14. Finally did the partitioning as well. Thank you!!

CodeCanyon, Aug 11, 2017
  15. In my experience, when I installed the new Windows 10 on a laptop I tried to make into a gaming machine to take with me on a trip. the problem was that for some reason my disk space after the new installation, despite me meking sure it's clean, was cramped with duplicate files that I was absolutely sure I removed. My guess is that formatting wasn't done properly and I failed to check it. I had to remove those files, including dead system files, manually.
    Still, it was an adventure. When it happened on my wife's Mac, we just did a factory reset and forgot about it. With Windows, it's always nice to learn something new.

Craig Fergusson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Issue when installing Windows 10 home on a new Asus Laptop - Similar Threads - Issue installing home

2. ASUS Windows 10 Home laptop suddenly unable to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Windows 10 Home laptop suddenly unable to boot: I have an ASUS laptop that was working perfectly fine no symptoms of system failing or about to fail and has Plenty of storage left I used about 400GB of 1TB Toshiba HDD.Spontaneously, the laptop is no longer able to boot into Windows.Here is what happens:1. Power on while...
  3. ASUS Windows 10 Home laptop suddenly unable to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS Windows 10 Home laptop suddenly unable to boot: I have an ASUS laptop that was working perfectly fine no symptoms of system failing or about to fail and has Plenty of storage left I used about 400GB of 1TB Toshiba HDD.Spontaneously, the laptop is no longer able to boot into Windows.Here is what happens:1. Power on while...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade issue on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade issue on a new laptop: I just purchased a new Dell XPS laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I went into settings and Activation to purchase the Pro edition. It took me to the Windows store, the purchase was completed and the machine said it was updating and then rebooted. When the machine...
  5. Shift + Home + End not working in Asus Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift + Home + End not working in Asus Windows 10 laptop: When I press Shift + Home or Shift + End in all Windows machine it selects the line till the beginning or end of the line. But in my ASUS laptop the cursor moves to the beginning of the line or end doesn't select. Tried this in multiple applications and with both shift keys....
  6. Error Installing Windows 10 on a new ASUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Installing Windows 10 on a new ASUS: I have just built a new PC for my 10 year old son. here are the specs: Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB Gen4 PCIe X4 NVMe M.2 SSD AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM...
  7. Asus windows 10 battery issue laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus windows 10 battery issue laptop.: Sometimes and only sometimes as soon as i open a Roblox game. Ill get your Battery is running low. Plug it in and its fine. Sometimes it doesn't pop up at all. Well tonight opened a roblox gane for a few seconds. And got your battery is low. Then it shut off. I then plugged...
  8. Asus Laptop issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Laptop issue: Hello, I have an issue with my ASUS laptop. When I type something on internet, creation of folder.... a bunch of *********** appear by themselves. I don't know from where it is coming: keyboard issue, mouse pad issue ?? Any idea, how to fix this ? Thanks KD...
  9. Windows 10 activation on new Asus Laptop

Windows 10 activation on new Asus Laptop: Hi, I purchased a new Asus Laptop about a month ago, now to my surprise I am getting a message to activate Windows 10 I dont have any type of product key, I was under the impression that with a new laptop Windows 10 comes pre-installed and therefore does not require to be...
  10. new laptop ---- Windows 10 Home

new laptop ---- Windows 10 Home: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 1 laptop with windows 10 Home. Shouldn't the Windows 10 license be on sticker stuck to the laptop or on paperwork in the box the laptop came in?...