Windows 10: Issue with Avast

Discus and support Issue with Avast in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Was wondering if I could get an opinion on the Avast free security, I've been using for some time but the constant reminder of your PC is being... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mat98, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Mat98 Win User

Issue with Avast

Hi
    Was wondering if I could get an opinion on the Avast free security, I've been using for some time but the constant reminder of your PC is being slowed by certain things like 2 GB's of junk files and a few other things, is this a major concern. thanks very much and sorry for the lame question.

:)

Mat98, Sep 27, 2017
  2. auggy Win User

I get "system thread exception not handled" error when finishing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi Kate&Andy.,

There are Avast drivers loaded during the crash so try uninstalling Avast, run the update then reinstall Avast or use Windows build-in antivirus (Windows Defender) and firewall.

Edit:

Looks like other users are reporting issues with Avast such as here so if you get the Anniversary Update installed wait for Avast to issue a fix or defer the
    upgrade until the issue is fixed.

auggy, Sep 27, 2017
  3. sis1sis1 Win User
    Critical Error

this error is due to Avast anti-virus. Try scanning your machine with avast or simply un-install it to resolve the issue. I successfully resolved the error by uninstalling the avast anti-virus

sis1sis1, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Issue with Avast

I don't use it any more, too many scare tactics. Defender works just as well.

Comp Cmndo, Sep 27, 2017
  5. If you enable silent mode, you will not receive any notifications/ADs and it will work just fine.

TairikuOkami, Sep 27, 2017
  6. Mat98 Win User
    Thanks so much, appreciate it.

Mat98, Sep 27, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    Yes as above you can use silent mode or gaming mode, both those should cease notification.

swarfega, Sep 27, 2017
  8. Mat98 Win User

Issue with Avast

Is that for the pro version, thanks so much.

Mat98, Sep 29, 2017
  9. swarfega Win User
    Should work in all versions.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Issue with Avast

1. Issue with Avast - Similar Threads - Issue Avast

2. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  4. PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button: In the model-driven app designer, when I edit the command bar, add a new button and give it basic Power FX functionality and then save/publish the command bar I receive this error which comes up as a popup I'm unable to show a screenshot:The Component Library is still...
  5. PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button

PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button: In the model-driven app designer, when I edit the command bar, add a new button and give it basic Power FX functionality and then save/publish the command bar I receive this error which comes up as a popup I'm unable to show a screenshot:The Component Library is still...
  6. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  7. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  8. Avast fixes issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and their antivirus

in Windows 10 News
    Avast fixes issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and their antivirus: Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) isn’t free of all the bugs, and the new version of the operating system has ended up breaking machines or brought some compatibility issues. Avast recently acknowledged a compatibility issue with Windows 10 version 1803 and their...
  9. Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved: Hi There Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install to clean up system further since January, anyways now can't receive pictures on skype, reinstalled Avast on advice from online friend that I needed that for better security protection, well anyways now can't receive pictures...
  10. Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues: Hi All Wanted to send some files down from upstairs PC to backup folder on external drive, so briefly shared the folder, go upstairs, and other PC doesn't even see this one, (All Running Same Avast Version 18.1.2326) Eventually just took a flash drive up, and grabbed the...