Windows 10: Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.

Discus and support Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am uncertain as to what cause this to happen but my prt sc, plus/equals button and delete key not working. I know that the keyboard is still working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mysticentity, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.

I am uncertain as to what cause this to happen but my prt sc, plus/equals button and delete key not working. I know that the keyboard is still working because for a brief period I had gotten all of these buttons to function again however Pressing the Prt SC button does not do anything anymore as well as the plus/equals button don't type out either a Equals or a Plus sign when using the shift key and I can no longer use the delete key properly. (This is on a laptop by the way.)

If I can give any more help as to what to look for I'd be glad in doing so but I do not even know what to look for.

:)

mysticentity, Nov 2, 2016

2. Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Original Title - Keys repeating

Hi, I'm in desperate need of help.

Also not sure if I chose the right Windows Topic, this seemed most appropriate.

For a while now my computer has been having a strange issue where it repeats certain keys as if I'm holding them down on the keyboard. I started happening a month or so ago when I tried to login to the computer, now it's happening so often it's driving me
    insane.

Some more info:

• I do not think my keyboard (Logitech G710+) is the issue. Whenever I unplug it, the repeating still occurs.
    • It occurs more or less frequently depending on time of day, I can hardly do anything on my computer later in the day.
    • The repeated key actually changes based on what program I use. When there's no specific program, it types 'f', When using photoshop, it types '-', in the windows login screen, it types '6'
    • To temporarily fix (as in, fix for about 5 seconds, depending on the computer's attitude), I press a macro key on my keyboard. I use this macro key to open chrome, and it usually stops the repeating, no idea why.
    • When pressing the macro key mentioned above, it only works for when the keyboard types 'f', whenever it happens at the login page or in Photoshop, pressing the key does not stop the repeating (my macros change based on what program is open, so the same
      macro key I press to fix the issue does something different when Photoshop is open, this is probably why it doesn't stop the issue).

As mentioned above, this isn't a keyboard issue, as it still happens when the keyboard is unplugged

I've reinstalled Logitech Gaming Software (macro and driver program for logitech peripherals).

I've also tried booting in safe mode, couldn't even log in because it was still happening.

Specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 EVO (LGA1155)

Graphics

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (EVGA)

Keyboard:

Logitech G710+

Mouse:

Logitech G502 Proteus

Antivirus:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8

If anyone has any other ideas that might fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Russell Thurman

RussellThurman, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi,

I'm definitely up to date, forgot to mention that was one of the first things I tried.

Still occurs if the on-screen keyboard is up.

Clean boot doesn't work, happened at the log in screen so I couldn't even get in.

Just did a virus scan, despite finding several threats it still happens after cleaning them.

Thanks,

Russell

Edit: Well, now that it's a new day after the virus scan, doesn't seem to be happening anymore, probably just needed a restart after the scan. Such a simple solution, should've done it earlier, thanks!

RussellThurman, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.

Plug that keyboard into a different device and try those keys. If they still don't work, replace the keyboard.

alphanumeric, Nov 2, 2016
  5. Let me edit my post. This is on a laptop. I completely forgot.

mysticentity, Nov 2, 2016
  6. I think you Replace the keyboard.

waltercarroll, Nov 2, 2016
  7. Ok, plug in an external keyboard and see if those keys work on it. If they do, then it very likely your laptop keyboard needs to be replaced.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.

1. Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard. - Similar Threads - Issue Certain Keys

2. Certain Keys Within Keyboard Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain Keys Within Keyboard Is Not Working: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for years and this is the first time that this problem has occurred to me. Several keys on my keyboard are not working, some of the keys that I know are as follow:"esc""a""d""f""j""k""l"";""num lock""8" on number pad"6" on number padI have...
  3. Certain Keys Within Keyboard Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Keys Within Keyboard Is Not Working: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for years and this is the first time that this problem has occurred to me. Several keys on my keyboard are not working, some of the keys that I know are as follow:"esc""a""d""f""j""k""l"";""num lock""8" on number pad"6" on number padI have...
  4. Certain Keys Within Keyboard Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Certain Keys in Keyboard not working non-physical issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Keys in Keyboard not working non-physical issue: My w, 2, Esc, and f2 keys stopped working a few days ago in my ASUS Tuf FX505DD running latest windows 11. Leading up to when it stopped functioning at all, there was a period of about a few days where the keys were working sparingly. Sometimes it works, then a few seconds...
  6. Certain Keys in Keyboard not working non-physical issue

Certain Keys in Keyboard not working non-physical issue: My w, 2, Esc, and f2 keys stopped working a few days ago in my ASUS Tuf FX505DD running latest windows 11. Leading up to when it stopped functioning at all, there was a period of about a few days where the keys were working sparingly. Sometimes it works, then a few seconds...
  7. Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive: Hello Microsoft Team,I would like to report an ongoing issue plaguing my keyboard. I am unable to use a diagonal row of my keys, as they are unresponsive. These keys are 3, e, d, and c. I have tried various online fixes, but to no avail. I would like to know if I can source...
  8. Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive

Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive: Hello Microsoft Team,I would like to report an ongoing issue plaguing my keyboard. I am unable to use a diagonal row of my keys, as they are unresponsive. These keys are 3, e, d, and c. I have tried various online fixes, but to no avail. I would like to know if I can source...
  9. Certain keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys on keyboard not working: Certain keys on the keyboard stopped working, I recently got a new K602 Keyboard, All of the keys used to work howerver certain keys stopped working I think it may have something to do with drivers,[ATTACH]...
  10. Certain keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain keys on keyboard not working: Only keys like 9, 0, o, j, n not working while the rest still works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-on-keyboard-not-working/26b953e3-de17-464c-b1d6-b07212a046bc